L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.1

on 6/16/2014 9:20:00 AM

I've used this a lot lately to try and keep my concealer in place, but all this seems to do is look really cakey, and it doesn't keep my oily areas under control at all either. Just a really "meh" powder. Wouldn't buy it again.

Pros

* Good color match on my skin
* Doesn't break me out

Cons

* Looks cakey
* Doesn't control oil

This is a fair product if you are into mineral makeup. I am not. For me it seems more like glorified translucent powder. Ok if you have oily skin but would not recommend it for dry types. Not a product for concealment or evening tone without looking made up. However it is non irritating and does feel bare.

on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

I actually really like this product. the color is a bit light for my skin but that's okay cus I use this on top of my Maybelline foundation which is a tad too dark. I have kind of oily skin and this usually keeps my t zone matte for about 3-4 hours. it feels and looks pretty natural as long as you blend it well. it also has a bit of a powdery smell but you cant really notice it unless youre literally sticking youre nose in the powder. I use the brush it came with which isn't the best but it gets the job done, although this would probably be a million times better if you used a different brush to apply the product. over all I like this product quite a lot .

on 1/1/2013 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mineral foundation runs circles around Bare Minerals. It probably lasts 2 or 3 times longer and is a real bang for the buck! I do use the Bare Minerals primer and then brush this on (lightly, of course). My only criticism is where they put that silly brush and I wonder "Why here......?" Very awkward and unwieldly, much less efficient. I have lots of brushes, so no biggy. Sure hope they never stop making it!

on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 AM

This product gets a 5/5 for me.
I bought the pressed powder version online for about AUS $7.
I much prefer powder foundation over anything else. I'm quite pale, and liquids and creams go very orange on my skin, even in their lightest shades.
This product has more coverage than a setting powder, and less cons than using a liquid or cream. The coverage is closer to medium, but is very buildable. The shade 408 Soft Ivory matches me perfectly.
Buyers can expect this product to help even out skin tone, cover minor imperfections, last all day, provide coverage and blend easily.
I even use this as a nude eyeshadow on occasion.
Only downside is i'm not a fan of the brush that comes with it, but the powder works great with a kabuki.

I've uploaded a second picture because the first one was actually of a different product (Bare Naturale Foundation).

I bought this from Chemist Warehouse (Aus) in July 2011 for about $10 which is very cheap for L'Oreal here. It was a perfect pale colour and just seemed like a good, basic pressed powder so I grabbed it.

It comes with a silly brush that I threw away almost immediately. I used this powder on and off for a couple of months. I never really developed a strong preference for it and only seemed to use it on random occasions.

As a setting powder, I found it to be too heavy. I felt like the powder wasn't finely milled enough. No matter how lightly I applied it, I was left with an obvious powdered look.

Something else of note: I recently looked this product up on checkcosmetic.net using the batch code and it said it was manufactured in August 2008. It was almost 3 years old when I purchased it. That's not great and explains the massive discount.

on 12/31/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After Revlon discontinued the original ColorStay mineral foundation I used (and I can't stand the Aqua version, absolutely horrid), I found this, and I love it.

I'm quite pale, so finding a good color match in a foundation has always been a problem. This foundation in Soft Ivory is perfect for me.

I love the coverage, and how flawless it makes me look. (Concealer is sometimes necessary if I have blemishes). It evens out my skin tone without being heavy or obvious.

I despise the packaging, but I just pry the sifter out and transfer the makeup into a regular sifter jar. And I use my own brush, not the one in the packaging.

on 9/8/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was on sale for $10 and for L'Oreal thats extremly cheap! So I thought because of the good brand why not. I usually just buy cheap Australis Powder, and its perfect on my skin. I had never tried mineral foundation before and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this product. I got the colour Soft Ivory which is very light, even for my Skin its a bit too light (Thank god for bronzer). It go's on very nicely and looked great when first applied. But throughout the day this started to look very heavy and kinda clumpy looking. I have oily skin and this powder has not stopped that at all and the oil seems to have made this make up look pretty heavy. I think also the fact I use a heavy foundation (Revlon Colour Stay Oily/Com) doesnt help to even out this powder. I dont mind the packaging, but I would rather a all in one compact. The brush that it comes with is pointless, and becasue its so small and thin I think it contributes to an uneven application. So I just use my usuall brush which is a mineral brush anyway. It does have great coverage and even though Its gone a bit funny looking with my oily skin it does have staying power.

It's an okay product if your looking for a heavy powder, but I think heavy foundation + heavy mineral powder + oily skin = Bad!!! :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am really still on the fence with this product. I'm no newbie to mineral foundations and my biggest problem is finding an affordable product in a color light enough to match my NW15 skin that doesn't yellow when applied over my moisturizer. I purchased this product (the loose and pressed version) in Soft Ivory which is very pale. It's a great color match and I haven't noticed any yellowing which is a major plus. Coverage wise it offers the best coverage I've found in a mineral foundation yet. It's very similar to BE Bisque concealer actually. My only real concern is dryness. Most mineral foundations have made my skin oily whereas this one seems to have a drying effect on my skin so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with dry, flakey skin or to anyone with acne as it tends to make my occassional pimple more oxvious.

The packaging for the loose powder needs some definite improvements. I'd prefer a more shallow cap so I can tap the powder into it. The brush could be done away with completely IMO since it's not up to my standards (although still much softer than brushes I've received with similar DS products and could be used with minimal irritation if I had to) or at the very least detachable. The brush as it is is too short to reach into the cap and swirl the product around so it definitely needs to be longer. Luckily I have my own brushes which can reach the inside of the lid but this might pose a problem for women who don't. I'd probably switch the product to a more convenient container as soon as I have an empty available.

on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM

I have no idea what happened but my face was covered in hives about ten minutes after application. It would have been a good buy had I not reacted.