L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

on 1/1/2013 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This mineral foundation runs circles around Bare Minerals. It probably lasts 2 or 3 times longer and is a real bang for the buck! I do use the Bare Minerals primer and then brush this on (lightly, of course). My only criticism is where they put that silly brush and I wonder "Why here......?" Very awkward and unwieldly, much less efficient. I have lots of brushes, so no biggy. Sure hope they never stop making it!

on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 AM

This product gets a 5/5 for me.
I bought the pressed powder version online for about AUS $7.
I much prefer powder foundation over anything else. I'm quite pale, and liquids and creams go very orange on my skin, even in their lightest shades.
This product has more coverage than a setting powder, and less cons than using a liquid or cream. The coverage is closer to medium, but is very buildable. The shade 408 Soft Ivory matches me perfectly.
Buyers can expect this product to help even out skin tone, cover minor imperfections, last all day, provide coverage and blend easily.
I even use this as a nude eyeshadow on occasion.
Only downside is i'm not a fan of the brush that comes with it, but the powder works great with a kabuki.

on 12/31/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After Revlon discontinued the original ColorStay mineral foundation I used (and I can't stand the Aqua version, absolutely horrid), I found this, and I love it.

I'm quite pale, so finding a good color match in a foundation has always been a problem. This foundation in Soft Ivory is perfect for me.

I love the coverage, and how flawless it makes me look. (Concealer is sometimes necessary if I have blemishes). It evens out my skin tone without being heavy or obvious.

I despise the packaging, but I just pry the sifter out and transfer the makeup into a regular sifter jar. And I use my own brush, not the one in the packaging.

on 11/11/2010 8:27:00 PM

I love this product. My friend gave it to me because the shade did not work for her. I've never tried a mineral powder but my friend raved about it. She was soo right. I am now on my 2nd one.

Pros: super easy to apply and fast. Even coverage. Great if you only need a little coverage in the T-zone.
Cons: does not provide as good coverage of a cream foundation. I mainly noticed that in my pictures, my completion was just not as 'airbrushed' as the heavier foundations but still good.

on 7/6/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have only used this powder twice, but so far it seems to be working quite well for me. I initially wanted to buy another mineral powder as a cheap alternative to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I use for very light coverage, and mainly use for oil absorption. The mineral powders, I find, work extremely well for the latter, and therefore have pretty much worked themselves into my skincare regime. This Bare Naturale powder also has quite decent coverage for a powder! It reduces, really, a lot of redness on my face and evens and tones down all of the various shades. It doesn't cover darkness like under-eye circles or anywhere else on your face that may be particularly dark, but it really does help with the redness.

I have the powder in 420 Sun Beige. It matches my skin tone very well, and does look natural.

Of course the brush with it wasn't made to be a functional tool, I mean, it's like a really tiny sweep broom: very coarse, hard on skin, leaves little gouges in the product from how rough the bristles are, but it looks cute in the compact, so I just leave it there and use my e.l.f studio powder brush, which works magnificently. It actually picks up a little too much of this kind of powder, but I just dip the brush into the product with varied pressure for however much I want.

I'm not a fan of this packaging, though. I'd want to put a piece of tape around the lid and container, because it has a twist-based closure that is not at all secure on my product. I would definitely be cautious of tossing this into a bag, and that means I wouldn't. But the brush and packaging aside, this is actually a surprisingly good mineral powder! I'd even call it a light-coverage foundation.

*update - 7-7-10
I love this powder. I've been using it for the past week or so and it leaves such a smooth, flawless finish on my skin! It's even better than the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural! I don't know if it's because this L'Oreal powder is finer than the MAC mineral powder, but it works amazingly well- really, really well. It doesn't look flakey, chalky, dry, fake, it's just perfect. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 5/5/2010 7:06:00 AM

I LOVE this product. The original was recommended to me by a youtube guru but here in Ireland you can only get the compact one. I bought this in Sun Beige for dirt cheap on Ebay.

I didnt think it would be great to be honest, as i have far from perfect skin. But i found it to be my HG now. I have small acne scars and this covers them really well, the coverage is brilliant. It even hides most small blemishes pretty well. It looks so natural, and my skin looks lovely and dewy. It can look a bit dry at first, but let it sink into your skin.

Lasting power is brilliant, i dont get oily with this, i only need to blot once during the work day, after about 5 or 6 hours. Then im good to go.

I love that its a compact, and has a mirror! Absolutely brilliant for on the go touch ups to!

Totally recommend it to everyone! great product :)

I LOVE Bare Naturale. The first time I used it, I didn't do any research because at that time, I wasn't fiercely into makeup as I am now, so I just grabbed what looked good. Now, I'm going to be repurchsing it for the third time! It seriously DOES give you a natural look. If you don't believe so, you are using it incorrectly. It works great alone and over liquid. At first, I just used it by itself. No, it didn't stay too well, but primer would have easy fixed that. Over liquid foundation, it gives you the most flawless face EVER! A plus: it takes out redness pretty darn well! And, I found a drink for blemishes: stick your finger into the power and press it onto the blemish. It instantley covers it, making it seem almost invisable. If you don't buy it for yourself to try it out, I will!

For reference: I got it in Nude Beige. Unknown MAC color. Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation in Golden Beige (I think that's the name).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product at an excellent value. It provides great, even coverage and has a great range of colors to choose from. I personally use Buff Beige and it's just the right neutral tone without being too "pinky" or "yellowy." I'd say the coverage is light to moderate... Definitely DO NOT use the brush that comes with this product - I throw it in the trash as soon as I open the packaging because it is awkward, coarse, cheap, and ultimately bad for your face - especially if you have sensitive skin. I like to use a soft kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals or Ulta's professional line to apply this mineral powder. That way it's pretty easy to build and control the amount of coverage. This product is great for sensitive skin... I tried BE's new Matte powder foundation line and it made my normally clear skin break out into random dry, red patches. I switched back to Bare Naturale and my skin cleared right up - it's very gentle. It's also pretty convenient because it's designed as a pressed powder as opposed to loose which makes it easier to control the amount used and to apply on the go.

on 6/26/2014 9:23:00 AM

I've been using this powder on and off for about a year. For me, this is much better than L'Oreal liquid foundations which always seemed to disappear throughout the day and didn't do too much for me in the first place. The mineral powder gives me much more of an "air brushed" feeling, and the color (soft ivory) is really perfect for me because I have super fair skin.

I think this foundation actually improved my skin as far as breakouts go and it covers up any redness in my cheeks really well. I use it with the brush that came with it (I know, I know, it's bad). I have to get a new kabuki brush and see if it makes it better.

The only bad things I have to say about it are that if you have dry patches, it makes them more noticeable to me. Also, if you put on too much you'll get cakey--but that happens with any makeup!

on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

I actually really like this product. the color is a bit light for my skin but that's okay cus I use this on top of my Maybelline foundation which is a tad too dark. I have kind of oily skin and this usually keeps my t zone matte for about 3-4 hours. it feels and looks pretty natural as long as you blend it well. it also has a bit of a powdery smell but you cant really notice it unless youre literally sticking youre nose in the powder. I use the brush it came with which isn't the best but it gets the job done, although this would probably be a million times better if you used a different brush to apply the product. over all I like this product quite a lot .