L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

2.5

on 3/7/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought i'd try this since I love the Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, but I have always preferred pressed as opposed to loose. I bought it at 75% off (another reason I picked it up) which is good, since for drugstore, I find this quite high in price.
I first tried this as a powder foundation, and I did not like it. The first thing I noticed was that I had to swirl the brush for quite a while to get a normal amount of product. When I started to apply it, it seemed to "grab" wherever the brush first touched and not want to blend out. I had to use quite a bit, and when I finished, it looked pretty unnatural and emphasized pores.
Since I use powder foundation in place of pressed powder anyway, I attempted to use it to set my liquid foundation the next day which wasn't much better. I experienced the same "grabbing" effect, and it didn't seem to mattify or provide any coverage at all. It didn't work out and I had to finish with something else.
Overall, for the price and quality...i'd pass this up. The loose version is MUCH better, and for pressed, there are better values out there. The compact is cute, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

on 9/24/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: 11.29.11

I loved this foundation to death. If you don't have acne or extremely oily skin, and just want to even out your skin, this is the BEST mineral foundation available. I have tried Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, Physicians Formula... you name it. They don't compare to this at all.

My skin is getting oilier by the day, and this could no longer hold up. The shimmer from the Bismuth in it made me look incredibly gross. I really wish they would take out the shimmer. It's not noticeable until it's time to blot your face. Their setting powders have it too. The foundation would be 100% better matte, with matte setting powder.

For mineral foundations, the price is low and amount you get is way better than competition.

on 11/22/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its super fast to apply. However, the face gets oily within an hour. My face got oilier than putting on liquid foundation (no powder to set). The oiliness is accompanied by a deadly white cast as well as an orangish color (due to oxidation).

I thought it was summer time so my face got oilier quicker. So i saved it until fall/winter when my skin is drier. All the same results except for that my face stayed matte for one hour and one minute.

Also, I get small zits within two day of using the product around my forehead and the cheek areas next to my nose. I also see that my skin seems to have bumps around that same cheek areas.

Overall, I do not think this product is worth the money for it does not do its job.

P.S.: i have acne prone and combination oily skin.

I have been using the L'Oreal Bare Natural loose mineral foundation for over a year. I bid on an auction on ebay and the seller sent me this instead. I was very angry because I did not think that it would have as much coverage. I was about to send the seller a nasty email when I decided to check the reviews on makeupalley.com. Most of the reviews were positive so it made me curious.

I decided to go ahead and try the powder and I was pleasantly surprised. I think this has better coverage then the loose powder. It also makes less mess. I think I will continue purchasing this product as long as it is available.