L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited to try this product because I was so tired of spending a lot of money on Department store make up. The first day I applied it it looked flawless. I thought I found my new HG! 3 days later I started getting pimples. By the time I was done with my work week, I had several pimples. I was so disappointed.

on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM

I have no idea what happened but my face was covered in hives about ten minutes after application. It would have been a good buy had I not reacted.

on 11/17/2010 12:10:00 AM

This is for the pressed powder. Unfortunately this didn't work for me at all. Even with a really good quality kabuki brush I found it difficult to apply evenly. Instead it just sat in patches where the brush first touched my skin and I ended up having to try and buff it in with my hands. Secondly it broke me out. I am assuming that both these problems are caused by the waxes used to make it pressed rather than loose powder. Thirdly, even after buffing it in, it appeared rather chalky and definitely emphasised my pores.

on 3/7/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought i'd try this since I love the Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, but I have always preferred pressed as opposed to loose. I bought it at 75% off (another reason I picked it up) which is good, since for drugstore, I find this quite high in price.
I first tried this as a powder foundation, and I did not like it. The first thing I noticed was that I had to swirl the brush for quite a while to get a normal amount of product. When I started to apply it, it seemed to "grab" wherever the brush first touched and not want to blend out. I had to use quite a bit, and when I finished, it looked pretty unnatural and emphasized pores.
Since I use powder foundation in place of pressed powder anyway, I attempted to use it to set my liquid foundation the next day which wasn't much better. I experienced the same "grabbing" effect, and it didn't seem to mattify or provide any coverage at all. It didn't work out and I had to finish with something else.
Overall, for the price and quality...i'd pass this up. The loose version is MUCH better, and for pressed, there are better values out there. The compact is cute, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.

on 6/16/2014 9:20:00 AM

I've used this a lot lately to try and keep my concealer in place, but all this seems to do is look really cakey, and it doesn't keep my oily areas under control at all either. Just a really "meh" powder. Wouldn't buy it again.

Pros

* Good color match on my skin
* Doesn't break me out

Cons

* Looks cakey
* Doesn't control oil

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The coverage of this foundation is okay, and it really does cancel out the redness and mattifies your skin. My problem was that is gives a VERY cakey finish, so much, in fact, that i started to not like this product. It settles into your fine lines and just overall makes you look like a cake-face.
That being said, i just LOVE the brush that comes with it: its very dense and helps buff in other powder and liquid products.
Don't waste your money on this powder.

I've uploaded a second picture because the first one was actually of a different product (Bare Naturale Foundation).

I bought this from Chemist Warehouse (Aus) in July 2011 for about $10 which is very cheap for L'Oreal here. It was a perfect pale colour and just seemed like a good, basic pressed powder so I grabbed it.

It comes with a silly brush that I threw away almost immediately. I used this powder on and off for a couple of months. I never really developed a strong preference for it and only seemed to use it on random occasions.

As a setting powder, I found it to be too heavy. I felt like the powder wasn't finely milled enough. No matter how lightly I applied it, I was left with an obvious powdered look.

Something else of note: I recently looked this product up on checkcosmetic.net using the batch code and it said it was manufactured in August 2008. It was almost 3 years old when I purchased it. That's not great and explains the massive discount.

on 9/8/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was on sale for $10 and for L'Oreal thats extremly cheap! So I thought because of the good brand why not. I usually just buy cheap Australis Powder, and its perfect on my skin. I had never tried mineral foundation before and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this product. I got the colour Soft Ivory which is very light, even for my Skin its a bit too light (Thank god for bronzer). It go's on very nicely and looked great when first applied. But throughout the day this started to look very heavy and kinda clumpy looking. I have oily skin and this powder has not stopped that at all and the oil seems to have made this make up look pretty heavy. I think also the fact I use a heavy foundation (Revlon Colour Stay Oily/Com) doesnt help to even out this powder. I dont mind the packaging, but I would rather a all in one compact. The brush that it comes with is pointless, and becasue its so small and thin I think it contributes to an uneven application. So I just use my usuall brush which is a mineral brush anyway. It does have great coverage and even though Its gone a bit funny looking with my oily skin it does have staying power.

It's an okay product if your looking for a heavy powder, but I think heavy foundation + heavy mineral powder + oily skin = Bad!!! :(

go this at a dollar store so ti was reasonable.

color matched my skin but i dont like wearing fondation anyway, so im not sure if jsut the thought of knowing i had this on made my face itch or if this really did make me itch...