L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.6

on 6/26/2014 9:23:00 AM

I've been using this powder on and off for about a year. For me, this is much better than L'Oreal liquid foundations which always seemed to disappear throughout the day and didn't do too much for me in the first place. The mineral powder gives me much more of an "air brushed" feeling, and the color (soft ivory) is really perfect for me because I have super fair skin.

I think this foundation actually improved my skin as far as breakouts go and it covers up any redness in my cheeks really well. I use it with the brush that came with it (I know, I know, it's bad). I have to get a new kabuki brush and see if it makes it better.

The only bad things I have to say about it are that if you have dry patches, it makes them more noticeable to me. Also, if you put on too much you'll get cakey--but that happens with any makeup!

on 6/16/2014 9:20:00 AM

I've used this a lot lately to try and keep my concealer in place, but all this seems to do is look really cakey, and it doesn't keep my oily areas under control at all either. Just a really "meh" powder. Wouldn't buy it again.

Pros

* Good color match on my skin
* Doesn't break me out

Cons

* Looks cakey
* Doesn't control oil

on 11/22/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Its super fast to apply. However, the face gets oily within an hour. My face got oilier than putting on liquid foundation (no powder to set). The oiliness is accompanied by a deadly white cast as well as an orangish color (due to oxidation).

I thought it was summer time so my face got oilier quicker. So i saved it until fall/winter when my skin is drier. All the same results except for that my face stayed matte for one hour and one minute.

Also, I get small zits within two day of using the product around my forehead and the cheek areas next to my nose. I also see that my skin seems to have bumps around that same cheek areas.

Overall, I do not think this product is worth the money for it does not do its job.

P.S.: i have acne prone and combination oily skin.

on 7/19/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder foundation because it gives a matte finish without feeling heavy. It CAN look cakes though. You have to barely put any on your brush when applying and blend blend blend.

on 5/9/2012 12:57:00 AM

This product gets a 5/5 for me.
I bought the pressed powder version online for about AUS $7.
I much prefer powder foundation over anything else. I'm quite pale, and liquids and creams go very orange on my skin, even in their lightest shades.
This product has more coverage than a setting powder, and less cons than using a liquid or cream. The coverage is closer to medium, but is very buildable. The shade 408 Soft Ivory matches me perfectly.
Buyers can expect this product to help even out skin tone, cover minor imperfections, last all day, provide coverage and blend easily.
I even use this as a nude eyeshadow on occasion.
Only downside is i'm not a fan of the brush that comes with it, but the powder works great with a kabuki.

on 9/8/2011 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product was on sale for $10 and for L'Oreal thats extremly cheap! So I thought because of the good brand why not. I usually just buy cheap Australis Powder, and its perfect on my skin. I had never tried mineral foundation before and I'm kinda sitting on the fence with this product. I got the colour Soft Ivory which is very light, even for my Skin its a bit too light (Thank god for bronzer). It go's on very nicely and looked great when first applied. But throughout the day this started to look very heavy and kinda clumpy looking. I have oily skin and this powder has not stopped that at all and the oil seems to have made this make up look pretty heavy. I think also the fact I use a heavy foundation (Revlon Colour Stay Oily/Com) doesnt help to even out this powder. I dont mind the packaging, but I would rather a all in one compact. The brush that it comes with is pointless, and becasue its so small and thin I think it contributes to an uneven application. So I just use my usuall brush which is a mineral brush anyway. It does have great coverage and even though Its gone a bit funny looking with my oily skin it does have staying power.

It's an okay product if your looking for a heavy powder, but I think heavy foundation + heavy mineral powder + oily skin = Bad!!! :(

on 2/13/2011 7:53:00 PM

Honestly, I found this in the sale bin at a CVS, and for less than 2 dollars, that was a steal! The biggest problem with this is the brush that came with it. It's a horrible brush, too scratchy and coarse, it gouges the makeup when you try to use it. The screw top's security is another thing that bothers me-I feel as though I can't take it anywhere unless it's been secured in some way otherwise it'll open and mess up my bag! I love the little mirror on the back though, it's awesome!

The actual makeup I thought was amazing, but not my HG yet. It really covers up redness and little imperfections without caking! Definitely recommending it.

on 9/24/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Edit: 11.29.11

I loved this foundation to death. If you don't have acne or extremely oily skin, and just want to even out your skin, this is the BEST mineral foundation available. I have tried Everyday Minerals, Bare Minerals, Physicians Formula... you name it. They don't compare to this at all.

My skin is getting oilier by the day, and this could no longer hold up. The shimmer from the Bismuth in it made me look incredibly gross. I really wish they would take out the shimmer. It's not noticeable until it's time to blot your face. Their setting powders have it too. The foundation would be 100% better matte, with matte setting powder.

For mineral foundations, the price is low and amount you get is way better than competition.

on 7/6/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have only used this powder twice, but so far it seems to be working quite well for me. I initially wanted to buy another mineral powder as a cheap alternative to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I use for very light coverage, and mainly use for oil absorption. The mineral powders, I find, work extremely well for the latter, and therefore have pretty much worked themselves into my skincare regime. This Bare Naturale powder also has quite decent coverage for a powder! It reduces, really, a lot of redness on my face and evens and tones down all of the various shades. It doesn't cover darkness like under-eye circles or anywhere else on your face that may be particularly dark, but it really does help with the redness.

I have the powder in 420 Sun Beige. It matches my skin tone very well, and does look natural.

Of course the brush with it wasn't made to be a functional tool, I mean, it's like a really tiny sweep broom: very coarse, hard on skin, leaves little gouges in the product from how rough the bristles are, but it looks cute in the compact, so I just leave it there and use my e.l.f studio powder brush, which works magnificently. It actually picks up a little too much of this kind of powder, but I just dip the brush into the product with varied pressure for however much I want.

I'm not a fan of this packaging, though. I'd want to put a piece of tape around the lid and container, because it has a twist-based closure that is not at all secure on my product. I would definitely be cautious of tossing this into a bag, and that means I wouldn't. But the brush and packaging aside, this is actually a surprisingly good mineral powder! I'd even call it a light-coverage foundation.

*update - 7-7-10
I love this powder. I've been using it for the past week or so and it leaves such a smooth, flawless finish on my skin! It's even better than the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural! I don't know if it's because this L'Oreal powder is finer than the MAC mineral powder, but it works amazingly well- really, really well. It doesn't look flakey, chalky, dry, fake, it's just perfect. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 5/5/2010 7:06:00 AM

I LOVE this product. The original was recommended to me by a youtube guru but here in Ireland you can only get the compact one. I bought this in Sun Beige for dirt cheap on Ebay.

I didnt think it would be great to be honest, as i have far from perfect skin. But i found it to be my HG now. I have small acne scars and this covers them really well, the coverage is brilliant. It even hides most small blemishes pretty well. It looks so natural, and my skin looks lovely and dewy. It can look a bit dry at first, but let it sink into your skin.

Lasting power is brilliant, i dont get oily with this, i only need to blot once during the work day, after about 5 or 6 hours. Then im good to go.

I love that its a compact, and has a mirror! Absolutely brilliant for on the go touch ups to!

Totally recommend it to everyone! great product :)