L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder
Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM

I actually really like this product. the color is a bit light for my skin but that's okay cus I use this on top of my Maybelline foundation which is a tad too dark. I have kind of oily skin and this usually keeps my t zone matte for about 3-4 hours. it feels and looks pretty natural as long as you blend it well. it also has a bit of a powdery smell but you cant really notice it unless youre literally sticking youre nose in the powder. I use the brush it came with which isn't the best but it gets the job done, although this would probably be a million times better if you used a different brush to apply the product. over all I like this product quite a lot .

on 8/10/2013 11:07:00 AM

This product is totally UNDERATED. i picked this looking for a new mineral powder..i am so pleased with the look and feel of this product! i used to use maybeliene mineral powder , i noticed that with all the ingredients it said it didnt have (talc, oil free, etc..) overall a good sign for a good facial foundation. here i did some research to find that the ingredients were very harsh to sensative skin (zinc oxide) it caused me to have red splotches on my fade. dont get me wrong its a great product, just not great for me. i would reccomend the LOREAL NAUTRALE GENTLE MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION to anyone with SENSATIVE skin. another plus is this product on does not look CAKEY, if blended in correctly..also the kebuki brush it came with is softer than the maybeliene brush. i will follow this review up with an update in about a week (: good luck ladies !!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The coverage of this foundation is okay, and it really does cancel out the redness and mattifies your skin. My problem was that is gives a VERY cakey finish, so much, in fact, that i started to not like this product. It settles into your fine lines and just overall makes you look like a cake-face.
That being said, i just LOVE the brush that comes with it: its very dense and helps buff in other powder and liquid products.
Don't waste your money on this powder.

Let me start off by saying I love this product for tons of reasons and only have a few tiny dislikes about it. First off, the coverage is great for the price. I've seen other reviews that said it was cakey,but I disagree. With a good powder makeup brush and primer before, its beautiful! The only beef I have with it is the packaging (just like having a brush) you'll probably need a better surface to pour the powder on to apply. And I say that a primer is good to use before because it can exaggerate pores a little bit, but most makeup does. Overall: great product, price and quality!

on 9/7/2010 10:22:00 AM

After months and months of trying to find the perfect foundation (liquid, powder or mineral, I tried them all) I found this! The perfect shade 418. I bought a few of them when they were on sale, I hit pan and went to buy more only find they are discontinued!!!! Very sad now I have to start the search to find another perfect make up. Any suggestions on a similiar product?

I LOVE Bare Naturale. The first time I used it, I didn't do any research because at that time, I wasn't fiercely into makeup as I am now, so I just grabbed what looked good. Now, I'm going to be repurchsing it for the third time! It seriously DOES give you a natural look. If you don't believe so, you are using it incorrectly. It works great alone and over liquid. At first, I just used it by itself. No, it didn't stay too well, but primer would have easy fixed that. Over liquid foundation, it gives you the most flawless face EVER! A plus: it takes out redness pretty darn well! And, I found a drink for blemishes: stick your finger into the power and press it onto the blemish. It instantley covers it, making it seem almost invisable. If you don't buy it for yourself to try it out, I will!

For reference: I got it in Nude Beige. Unknown MAC color. Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation in Golden Beige (I think that's the name).

on 3/7/2010 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I thought i'd try this since I love the Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation, but I have always preferred pressed as opposed to loose. I bought it at 75% off (another reason I picked it up) which is good, since for drugstore, I find this quite high in price.
I first tried this as a powder foundation, and I did not like it. The first thing I noticed was that I had to swirl the brush for quite a while to get a normal amount of product. When I started to apply it, it seemed to "grab" wherever the brush first touched and not want to blend out. I had to use quite a bit, and when I finished, it looked pretty unnatural and emphasized pores.
Since I use powder foundation in place of pressed powder anyway, I attempted to use it to set my liquid foundation the next day which wasn't much better. I experienced the same "grabbing" effect, and it didn't seem to mattify or provide any coverage at all. It didn't work out and I had to finish with something else.
Overall, for the price and quality...i'd pass this up. The loose version is MUCH better, and for pressed, there are better values out there. The compact is cute, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.