2.7

on 3/30/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Do Not Use This Product Without Skin testing EVERY-TIME! I have use this product for almost 2 decades, and had no problem with it until the last time. I applied the product, the next day both sides of my face had a severe rash.. Then later on that day my forehead and both sides of face started to swell. My whole head is leaking plasma, which actually help heal the rash a little on my face as i slept. I got worried and called a 24hr nurse. I really didn't get the answer i was looking for so I'm headed to the emergency room right now. The price is great but I'm 90% sure they are using a cheaper chemical in this product now. I literally look like a star track character right now. The price was not worth it at the end of the day. Good Luck Ladies!

on 7/14/2016 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A excellent product for covering gray hair. This permanent hair color preserve until touch up is needed.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

this is the first time i ever dyed my hair so. i have natural deep brown hair but sometimes it can look ashy. anyway i want to make it a more chocolate brown but after reading all the bullshit i would have to do to get that. i said screw that.

one of my friend had dyed her hair a raven black with the blue tint. i loved it. it was then i decide black hair at the end of the day speaks for itself. so i wanted black without the blue.

i ran across this and it seem the safest. it was weird mixing it and the color look kind of more red brown i was a bit worry but went for it. surprising it didn't stink and it was a breeze to apply.

long story short, i love my black hair. no damage no shedding no dryness either. my makeup looks better and makes my skin just pop! so im happy and would suggest it. (pic up top)

It's weird to see all these negative reviews about bigen. I've been using bigen (blue black) for about 4 years now and love it. It's the only dye that doesn't cause my hair any damage. I've completely ruined my hair using other drug store dyes like garnier and loreal and had to cut and regrow my hair out all over again. Bigen is the only dye that i can use to get and keep my blue black hair. I use it about once, max twice a year and my hair remains black as can be. Like many people are saying, it's only for those who are committed to having dark hair because once you use this stuff, there is no going back.

I have read horror stories about allergic reactions so definitely be safe and do your skin test before you use it. Luckily for me, i have had no negative reactions to this dye.

on 1/23/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't use the Oriental Black version but Medium Chestnut instead. Eventhough my hair is black Bigen provides a nice mahogany glow.

I am on the fence with this hair color to be honest. The pros are that it does a really good job at covering grey hair, it doesn't contain ammonia and therefore doesn't smell as nasty as other hair color products and the application is quick and easy.The cons are that it makes my hair dry and brittle for a couple of weeks.The damage is not irreparable but still.
I don't use hair colors that frequently though, only every three or four months which limits the damaging properties of this product.

I will keep using it because other hair colors don't cover grey as well and as quickly as Bigen, and because of the fact that it's cheap. Last but not least, I like the colors as well.

on 10/1/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product!! I dyed my hair multiple times in just two months so I waited a while to dye it again. I was afraid that my hair would get even more dry and brittle, but wow, after using Bigen my hair feels even better than before I first dyed it! It's really shiny and soft, and I didn't even deep condition my hair when I was washing it out, I just used a conditioner for color treated hair and left it in my hair for 3 minutes or so. My scalp didn't get itchy like with chemical dyes and My hair actually has moisture! No frizzy hair!!!! I've wanted jet black hair and I got it!! I used the blue black and left it in my hair for about 40 minutes, and wow I didn't think my hair could get this dark lol. The only downside is that my hair is long, almost reaching my belly button, so I had to buy three bottles, which can get pretty expensive. Other than that, I love this product!!!! I'll probably just buy it for cheaper online next time!! If you want JET BLACk Hair, use this product!!

on 4/18/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I'm surprised to see so many bad review on this Bigen Powder Hair Color. I recently discovered Bigen and just LOVE it ! I really like the fact that you can use what you need and not have to waste a whole bottle of dye. I have been using the hair powder in Oriental Black for about 10 months now and have no problems with it at all. Originally I was really skeptical because you just mix the powder with water and it's supposed to be "permanent" ??Yah right! Well, it really works, it covers my gray really well and I never get the burning or irritated scalp from it. I also never experienced any breakage in hair or loss of hair from it. I did modify the "recipe" in that I mix the powder with 2 x the amount of water that is in the direction and put it in a dye bottle I got from Sally's Beauty. I gave it 4 lippie because if you have a lot of hair, you will need to use 2 bottles of the powder and that can get expensive really quick!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Made my 4b/c hair extremely dry. I noticed the same reaction as other people here. My scalp itched and felt like it was 'blowing up'. Strangely, about 5 years ago Bigen didn't cause this reaction but it seems that something in the ingredients has changed and made it more harsh. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Beter safe than sorry.

on 10/19/2012 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Folks, I am writing this review to explain something. In India this is sold as Chinese hair color. And now -when they are selling this product outside India, these guys are writing on their package that it has Ayurvedic properties -Ayurveda is the one of the oldest known forms of herbal medicine which originated in India and very largely remains in India because the entire texts are in the ancient language of Sanskrit.

A Chinese hair color cannot be Ayurvedic -please don't be fooled by such false claims.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Great color! It has Ayurvedic ingredients, so it smells great. Easy to prepare. Even the packaging is attractive. Pretty cheap, although I prefer to buy henna (same results for half the price). However, I only gave it a four because henna gives me similar results for about a dollar less. The measuring cup and little brown bottle are cute, but otherwise it has no advantage over henna.

Edit Jan 05, 2012: I've changed my rating from a 4 to a 3 because I just realized that there's two or three times as much product in henna packages, too. I've found that my eBay seller has raised his price per by about 50 cents (still a little cheaper, after taxes [in Canada] than Bigen), but he's also offering a "buy two get one free" deal. Still cheaper in a lot of ways and it really does add up. Just fyi, I've been using Diamond brand henna, in a blue and black plastic baggie.