Make Up Store Cover All Mix

Make Up Store Cover All Mix
Cover All Mix

3.9

on 12/12/2015 12:53:00 PM

This is the best concealer I have had the joy of using. It is extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. Blemishes, overall redness, dark circles, blue veins, sunspots - this tackles them all and you can mix the shades to perfection.

It is a thick, dry texture packed with pigment. Blend a little of the peach shade with foundation or a liquid concealer to get the perfect undereye concealer. Blend a little of the yellow with foundation to tackle overall redness.

It lasts forever.

on 4/13/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

By far the best concealer/corrector I have tried and trust me, I have tried many! Available in two shades: one for fair skin and one for darker skin.
From the three shades in it, red works best for blue under eye circles, yellow for red blemishes etc and the neutral shade to brighten up the other two or as a neutral concealer itself.
I naturally have deep, very dark eye bags. Even though the bags themselves are for good, mixing the red shade with the neutral almost completely makes the blue circles disappear and automatically brightening my eyes making me look more fresh and awake. This works even when I've just had just few hours of sleep after a night out! Sometimes I dab the neutral shade on my cheekbones to create subtle highlights, which also helps the covered under eye area to blend better with the rest of the face.

The product itself is thick and somewhat dry, so it probably wouldn't work as wonderfully on people with dry skin (I've heard people with dry skin saying it flakes on them). Also, applying too much under your eyes can cause creasing and enhance the fine lines underneath the eye. Warming the product between your fingers before applying helps it to blend more smoothly to the skin. Or, if you want to be more hygienic, you can mix the product on the back of your hand with a spatula and from there apply it with a brush. This also keeps the jar itself clean and with a brush it's much easier to avoid over applying. Plus, the product is already mixed on your hand so you don't need to work with the shades while applying it.

It is also very long lasting. One jar lasts for about 1 year (one jar costs about 30€). Before Cover All Mix, I used Benefit Erase Paste almost for two years, but this one is just better because you can mix the shades to make it perfect for you and even after 10 hours at work, the oiliness of my face doesn't wipe it off. With Erase Paste and others I had to be careful not to touch the areas of my face where the concealer was applied because at the end of the day those would come off immediately if I even slightly touched those areas. With Cover All Mix I don't have to be so careful.

"Give It Some Time - It can take more than a few tries to find out if a product works or doesn't work for your skin."

on 12/12/2013 1:39:00 PM

Covers it all, that's for sure! But the product is really dry and i can't use it on my dry areas, it get's flaky and it doesn't look natural :( it's a pity because the coverage is great though..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff works. Whatever you want to cover, will be covered. I go from exhausted zombie-racoon to well slept human being in seconds when I use it.

Sadly, it is not perfect. For me, it is a bit to dry for the winter months. I find it cakes a bit and I have to smooth it out under my eyes during the day. I don't have wrinkles or under eye bags, but if I'm not careful - this product will provide me with just that.

Applying with a brush is useless for me, I need to warm it up between my fingers. I will buy it again, though, as I find it behaves differently in warmer weather.

Great for summer, search continues for equally effective winter product.

Oh, and as usual with MUS - the packaging is stupid and sucks. Will break and annoy you.

on 8/17/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this concealer. Its dry but I have oily skin so it glides on smooth anyway. This is perfect for covering any blemishes or redness. The concealer is so thick that it covers great. It lasts forever!! Ive had mine for 2+ years and it has only a small dip in the light shade.
The thing I dont like about this concealer is the staying power. It fades after 5hours. But I have not found a concealer that lasts longer than this.
I will repurchase the light shade because I dont use the other shades that much.

on 9/5/2011 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This covers really, really good - I admit it! Then why am I only giving this 1 lippie?

Because ladies, this is extremely dry. Applying this underneath the eyes is out of the question, the result becomes incredibly cakey, no matter how little you use.
I have dehydratet combination skin that turns oily throughout the day and it looks just as bad on the skin. You have to be so careful when trying to cover up acne with this, and even if (at the rare occasion) the results look good right away it starts to look dry, cakey and flake after 20 minutes.

There is a possibility this works better with oily skin without _any signs at all_ to dehydration, flakyness or "normal" dryness. The colours would also match a lot of skintones, but thats the only good thing I have got to say about Cover All MIx.

Make Up Store is a swedish brand and has a lot of nice products, but this is not a winner.

This product is a must for me, it covers everything I want to hide from spots to dark circles. With three colours I can blend them together to suit my needs. Some people say it's to cacky but I think that is mostly because they don't use it right, I had that problem at first to but then I just went to my local Make Up Store and asked them for help and they gladly showed me how to use it and since then I haven't had any problem with it. I really recommend this concealer even though some may think it's pricey it's worth it and it will last, you don't need alot to cover up imperfections.

//EDIT// I no longer use this under my eyes since I have found a another concealer that I like better for eye area but still for everywhere else this my go to concealer. One small tip from me is that you use the end of a concealer brush (or any brush) to scoop a little bit out of each color and then you blend them togheter on the back of you hand till you get a colour that suits you but also a kind of creamy texture and then apply lightly AND sparingly where you want to cover up things, a little goes a long way with this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

The best concealer I've ever tried! It has three colours, a white, a pink and a yellow. During the summer I use them all, and mix for the perfect colour. And during the winther the white one is perfect for everything, dark under-eye circles and zits. It goes on very easily, and blends perfectly. The reason I've given it only 4 lippies is because I will use the white one first, and have to repurcase with the yellow the pink unfinished. However, it will last a long time. Of course I use a brush so no nasty germs get into it!