Make Up Store Cover All Mix

Cover All Mix

3.7

on 4/13/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

By far the best concealer/corrector I have tried and trust me, I have tried many! Available in two shades: one for fair skin and one for darker skin.
From the three shades in it, red works best for blue under eye circles, yellow for red blemishes etc and the neutral shade to brighten up the other two or as a neutral concealer itself.
I naturally have deep, very dark eye bags. Even though the bags themselves are for good, mixing the red shade with the neutral almost completely makes the blue circles disappear and automatically brightening my eyes making me look more fresh and awake. This works even when I've just had just few hours of sleep after a night out! Sometimes I dab the neutral shade on my cheekbones to create subtle highlights, which also helps the covered under eye area to blend better with the rest of the face.

The product itself is thick and somewhat dry, so it probably wouldn't work as wonderfully on people with dry skin (I've heard people with dry skin saying it flakes on them). Also, applying too much under your eyes can cause creasing and enhance the fine lines underneath the eye. Warming the product between your fingers before applying helps it to blend more smoothly to the skin. Or, if you want to be more hygienic, you can mix the product on the back of your hand with a spatula and from there apply it with a brush. This also keeps the jar itself clean and with a brush it's much easier to avoid over applying. Plus, the product is already mixed on your hand so you don't need to work with the shades while applying it.

It is also very long lasting. One jar lasts for about 1 year (one jar costs about 30€). Before Cover All Mix, I used Benefit Erase Paste almost for two years, but this one is just better because you can mix the shades to make it perfect for you and even after 10 hours at work, the oiliness of my face doesn't wipe it off. With Erase Paste and others I had to be careful not to touch the areas of my face where the concealer was applied because at the end of the day those would come off immediately if I even slightly touched those areas. With Cover All Mix I don't have to be so careful.

"Give It Some Time - It can take more than a few tries to find out if a product works or doesn't work for your skin."

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

A good-enough concealer trio. The consistency is a bit too hard for my taste but the colors work all year round, even though I get really tan in summer and sort of pale in the winter (I live in Sweden). The packaging to me is a bit messy? But maybe that's just me. I would like to find a better concealer but it's an expensive thing to buy and find out that you don't like.

Since I have very sensitive skin and also a very specific olive skin tone that can be hard to match, I tend to stick with what works. And this does :D!

on 12/12/2015 12:53:00 PM

This is the best concealer I have had the joy of using. It is extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. Blemishes, overall redness, dark circles, blue veins, sunspots - this tackles them all and you can mix the shades to perfection.

It is a thick, dry texture packed with pigment. Blend a little of the peach shade with foundation or a liquid concealer to get the perfect undereye concealer. Blend a little of the yellow with foundation to tackle overall redness.

It lasts forever.

This product is a must for me, it covers everything I want to hide from spots to dark circles. With three colours I can blend them together to suit my needs. Some people say it's to cacky but I think that is mostly because they don't use it right, I had that problem at first to but then I just went to my local Make Up Store and asked them for help and they gladly showed me how to use it and since then I haven't had any problem with it. I really recommend this concealer even though some may think it's pricey it's worth it and it will last, you don't need alot to cover up imperfections.

//EDIT// I no longer use this under my eyes since I have found a another concealer that I like better for eye area but still for everywhere else this my go to concealer. One small tip from me is that you use the end of a concealer brush (or any brush) to scoop a little bit out of each color and then you blend them togheter on the back of you hand till you get a colour that suits you but also a kind of creamy texture and then apply lightly AND sparingly where you want to cover up things, a little goes a long way with this product.

on 12/16/2010 12:48:00 PM

I love the fact I can carry around three different concealers in one. The green-yellow tinged cream hides well redness from my blemishes and some spider veins around my nose. The peach/pink one is good for blue-tinged dark circles (possibly also for bluish spider veins, but I don't have those), and the light beige can be used either as a highlighter or mixed with the other shades to lighten them. On my yellow undertones it doesn't really work very well as a highlighter, but someone with more neutral light skin tone might love it. It is a bit of a nuisance to use though, because I always have to dig out a tiny bit (a little goes a *long* way) with a spatula and warm it on the back of my hand, otherwise it's hard to blend. Must be applied sparingly or else it will look cakey, but once you get the hang of it, it's a good concealer, with decent staying power.

on 1/22/2015 11:04:00 AM

Im actually surprised over the bad reviews on this concealer...
I adore it. It saved my life.
Then i sadly realized that it didnt save my life at all, due to containing oil witch im banned to use accordingly to my strict dermatologist... :(
But what a product this is though!
You can blend your own skintone, you cas use it separerly and it pretty much covers EVERYTHING. I would say medium-full coverage, unless maybe if you have some serious case of acne or something. I have acne prone skin, a few blemishes, some bluish arteries (or whatever its called in english, theese small, thin blue/purple coloured threads here and there) and a few acne scars, and this covers them all! It even comes with instructions!
All these different imperfections have different colors so this little nice looking package is sooo handy and life saving!
Why oh whyyyy do you have oil :(
So now im hunting for a awesome concealer with minimum a medium coverage that doesnt contain any kind of oil. Sounds easy? Well, its not. Its hell, actually. Any recommendations?

on 11/30/2014 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Covers up dark circles and blemishes a little at least.

Makes my face go all gooey after only a few hours, this is not a concealer for a combination skin.
Doesn't do a great job at covering dark circles etc.
The packaging feels really unhygienic.
Makes my face break out.
I regret buying it.

on 10/30/2014 4:41:00 PM

+ multipurpose concealer, lasts forever. - creases under the eyes, doesnt cover blemishes that well, does not stay on my combo skin, the price. Will not repurchase this one.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was very enthusiastic due to the reviews. However, feels heavy, sets on lines...though it does cover well. I do not like the company uses parabens. I feel it dries a bit.

on 1/6/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really covers all my imperfections! With he right amount of product it's amazing! it will surely be your bestfriend! TRY IT! :)