Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder
neutrogena skinclearing mineral natural ivory 20

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 1/12/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

if you have large pores or acne you want to cover you need this powder! the coverage is phenomenal and I love the pad it comes with, the white side is for heavier coverage and the orange side is for sheer coverage. I mainly use this powder to cover up any huge cystic pimples or any random pimple, try not to use this all over your face cause it is a little heavy duty I use this to spot conceal and I use rimmel stay matte all over my face.

on 8/20/2015 10:17:00 PM

I used this along with another Neutrogena powder before realizing that neither of them were my color and that i looked like a freak after i applied them. My problem with this foundation is that for a girl who already has combination acne-prone skin on the drier side, this was very drying and did not do much for my skin in terms of clearing it up. The rule with acne is that if your skin is already broken out applying something dry will most likely make it work. I haven't touched this product in about a year and I might have actually thrown it out but can't quite remember. It does offer a very nice amount of coverage similarly to the rest of the brand's powder foundations, but that's about all it does.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product. I use this as a powder over my bb cream for extra coverage and it seems to do the job. This doesn't really help with my acne problem, but it doesn't really seem to cause it either or clog my pores. I gave this 4/5 because after I apply this powder, within a few hours my face gets shiny again and I have to blot/re-powder my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for a week and so far there are good and bad things,

Pros: I apply it with a powder brush after my concealer (I don't use foundation) by patting it on rather than buffing, and it really helps put together all of my makeup and evens out my skin tone. I always hate trying to pick the right color in drug stores, but I pretty much got the right color. It may be a shade too light, but it still works out all in all. It also sets my makeup really nicely. I noticed by the end of the day makeup has really stayed in place and kept from sliding.
Cons: Ironically enough, this makeup says its "skin clearing" and that it treats and prevents acne with salicylic acid, but it actually might to be making me break out a tiny bit. There could be another source of my new blemishes, but they appeared on my forehead, and I don't put any makeup on my forehead besides powder, so it's definitely a suspect. This might have been sneakily marketed because although it has salicylic acid, no where does it say its non-comedogenic, so there is a possibility it can clog your pores and create breakouts (especially since there's only 0.5% salicylic acid).This also doesn't do the best job at shine control for me, but it's summer and I can get pretty oily, so I probably should be using a finishing powder too, I just don't like too much stuff on my face.

Anyways I probably have to do an update for a final verdict, but I think my pros and cons are pretty even as of now, especially since I'm not sure if this is the cause of my breakouts. I will still be using it though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE TRYING. most of those reviewing this product simply do not understand its use or even how it works. First: if one has very dry skin, then ANY POWDER (WHICH IS ALREADY DRYING) with salicylic acid in it obviously is going to be way to overwhelming for your skin. Even combo may not like this powder. However I AM AN ACNE SUFFERER. I get tons of extremely clogged pores. I started using maybelline bb cream and then topping that off with this powder...WOW. this powder hides all pores, and ISNT FOR COVERAGE, but is for a nice matte flawless/poreless finish. It is drying but my skin is very oily and thats what I need. The applicator is amazing, and I get tons of compliments about my skin after using this. I can build coverage using mac fix plus. Me an my friends swear by this makeup and the fact that IT GETS NO CREDIT IS ANNOYING. like if this gets discontinued ill freak out because its great. FOR A NORMAL ROUTINE for those with different skin then I, USE A HEAVY MOISTURIZER, FOLLOWED BY PRIMER. PUT ON YOUR FOUNDATION AND THEN FINISH OFF BY PATTING THIS ON. F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. ITS GREAT.

on 7/31/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this powder but it doesn't have much coverage. I've purchased 2 or 3 because I use it to set my makeup, I have acne prone skin and it keeps me relatively shine free until I need a touch up. I think I'll try Neutrogena's shine free powder, it's reviews are a bit better

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like this powder at all at first. It didn't cover up ANYTHING, it caked up easily, and it's ironic that they call it "mineral" powder because it includes talc, parabens, etc. that some people usually avoid.

The salicylic acid percentage is too low to actually heal up your acne. At an only .05 percentage, you need to use this in conjunction with other things (such as the skinclearing liquid foundation and other skin care products) to really heal acne, but using up all of these products at once will obviously dry your skin out like crazy, which may result in even more exess sebum, ironically breaking you out even more, thus defeating the purpose. However, it does seen to prevent acne from getting any worse. It doesn't break me out.

However, there is some good in this powder, too. At first when I used it, I caked it up in an effort to make it cover up something and not only it failed, it looked abnormally matte and cakey, which made it obvious that I had powder on. After not using it for quite a while, I gave it one more chance by simply setting my makeup with it. It actually looked pretty good. With only a sheer layer, it mattified and set my makeup. Any more than just one layer will automatically make it look way to dry and cakey. I should also mention that because it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid, it's safe to use around the eyes.

Overall, I would use up this powder until I run out, but I wouldn't recommend this powder to anyone at this performance and at this price point, especially to dry skinned people. Trust me- if you have dry skin, you'd hate it. I will not repurchase.

This did not clear up my skin at all! Its great as a setting powder over liquid foundation. But alone it gives absolutely no coverage! I would not repurchase this because it isnt the best powder and i like the rimmel stay matte better

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I generally like this product. The first time I bought it was about two years ago with my mom when I was first starting out with makeup because my she likes Neutrogena, didn't want me wearing foundation, and I'm acne-prone and she suggested I get something that covered up naturally and helped clear my skin. It's not really anything special, but it helps and I trust it. I generally use it only on problem areas that actually need coverage and clearing. I use it with an anti-acne system, so I guess that helps. It doesn't work overnight, but it works. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you're an acne sufferer. Consider it an additional daytime step for clearing your skin.

on 9/10/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for better coverage than my BareMinerals because my face had a horrible breakout and I must say this did great and was less translucent than the BareMinerals. Unfortunately I scar dark when my skin heals from anything and this hid it much better than my usual minerals. A nice matte finish during the hot summer days and since I have a nice dark tan it seemed to blend nicely with my skin tone without making me look dirty.