Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder
neutrogena skinclearing mineral natural ivory 20

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 4/4/2010 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am using this in shade Nude 40, and it's a perfect color match for my medium golden tanned skin. I'm not sure if it's the formula or the sponge applicator, but this is one of the smoothest, most cosmetically elegant powder foundations I have tried (and I have tried A LOT)! I have a very oily t-zone and large pores in the same area, and pretty much every other powder foundation I have tried have just made my pores look worse, and my face look cakey rather than smooth and flawless. Not this, this one helps perfect my skin, while looking totally natural. AND since I'm breakout prone, I love the fact it has Salycilic Acid in it to help keep my pores clear! Finally...a decent alternative to liquid! UPDATE: I work for a cosmetic brand, and I wore this to work as my foundation/powder and everyone kept saying what great skin I have. This stuff rocks, I always have to touch up my oily tzone a few times a day, and this NEVER gets cakey...I love it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE TRYING. most of those reviewing this product simply do not understand its use or even how it works. First: if one has very dry skin, then ANY POWDER (WHICH IS ALREADY DRYING) with salicylic acid in it obviously is going to be way to overwhelming for your skin. Even combo may not like this powder. However I AM AN ACNE SUFFERER. I get tons of extremely clogged pores. I started using maybelline bb cream and then topping that off with this powder...WOW. this powder hides all pores, and ISNT FOR COVERAGE, but is for a nice matte flawless/poreless finish. It is drying but my skin is very oily and thats what I need. The applicator is amazing, and I get tons of compliments about my skin after using this. I can build coverage using mac fix plus. Me an my friends swear by this makeup and the fact that IT GETS NO CREDIT IS ANNOYING. like if this gets discontinued ill freak out because its great. FOR A NORMAL ROUTINE for those with different skin then I, USE A HEAVY MOISTURIZER, FOLLOWED BY PRIMER. PUT ON YOUR FOUNDATION AND THEN FINISH OFF BY PATTING THIS ON. F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. ITS GREAT.

on 9/10/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for better coverage than my BareMinerals because my face had a horrible breakout and I must say this did great and was less translucent than the BareMinerals. Unfortunately I scar dark when my skin heals from anything and this hid it much better than my usual minerals. A nice matte finish during the hot summer days and since I have a nice dark tan it seemed to blend nicely with my skin tone without making me look dirty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use MAC as my foundation but I have yet to find a setting powder that doesn't cause oxidation, caked appearance, or oilies BUT I started using the healthy skin pressed powder and pretty much love it. I ran out and decided to try this one instead. The colors run really dark but I found one that blended well. Anyways, the mu ended up making me look orange which I NEVER have had because my skin is far from orange. It oxidized pretty bad. I also broke out with cystic acne on face where I usually never break out. I do like Neutrogena's healthy skin pressed powder a lot more.

on 2/28/2010 3:01:00 AM

Actual rating is 3.5
For reference, I am a MAC NC30-35 with combo and acne-prone skin. IMO, Neutrogena offers some of the best drugstore (DS) fdtns. Their Skin Clearing and Healthy Skin are pretty reliable, and I have the Healthy Skin Enhancer # 30 for daily use. 60 Natural Beige has a yellow golden undertone and matches my skin perfectly, however, the colour runs slightly darker in the mineral powder. I apply the powder with my Ecotools Retractable Kabuki brush and voilą, oompa-loompa in the mirror staring back at me! My face is at least a shade darker than my neck so I have to put some on my neck too and somehow my perfect match Natural Beige is too pinkish and orange.
Now the powder itself, which I am very pleased with. It is finely milled and coverage is definitely buildable but cakey if apply too much. I first try it with the Ecotools Retractable kabuki brush and my skin looks flawless. I only have to use an extra concealer to cover some heavy acne scars on my cheek areas. It controls oils nicely for I can go 5-6 hours without touch ups my T-zone area. After 5-6 hours, the powder starts to feel heavy on my skin, settles into the large pores on my cheeks and accentuates dry patches, but that is warned ahead in the packaging and can be fixed easily with a silicone primer and proper moisturizer. I tried this as a setting powder and it works beautifully keeping oil at bay. I am using several products for acne treatments right now so I do not whether the powder actually prevents me from breaking out, the good thing is it has not break me out yet!
Overall this is a good drugstore powder and I will definitely repurchase again a different shade.

on 7/30/2012 12:43:00 PM

I've tried many things to get to that IMPOSSIBLE dream of clear flawless skin. Then my friends turned me on to neutrogena. I tried the healthy skin line and foun it to be a little too oily for my combo skin so I switched to this line and love it!!! I use the liquid foundation and then set it with this powder.yes this powder alone is a little thin and cakey, but when paired with the liquid foundation its a beautiful coverage and acne healing system! Ive only used it for about two weeks and all my breakouts are gone and there aren't any new ones! Not for major acne prone skin but good for mild to moderate acne! Like tops 5-7 blemishes! Would def recommend the whole line as a system!

on 7/28/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love it. This product provides sheer coverage and definitely help cure the few acne spots i had. The only problem with this is that it doesn't go on so evenly... a primer or moisturizer would be necessary... but other then that it helps keep my face from getting oily and makes my skin appear smooth and non greasy the entire day. ( 2-3 reapplications during the day are sometimes necessary).In addition this product would be best for fair skin in the lightest shade because it does appear darker on the face then in the package.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really thought that this product was going to be like pressed awesome. Its not :P it did nothing for my skin, was super orange on me, and gave absolutely NO coverage whatsoever after like two minutes no joke. I ended up giving it to a friend.

on 7/2/2010 1:12:00 PM

I'm pretty fair-skinned and I got this in Nude. I was afraid it might be too dark, but because of its sheer-coverage, it was perfect. (Note: The shades are lighter on your face than it looks in the compact). It smells like a normal compact...no perfumes or plastic-like smell.

I've been using this for a few months and it's been okay! No unusual breakouts, no overdrying of the skin! I don't think it does anything to prevent breakouts, but it doesnt irritate sensitive skin. However, it's only flaw is that you have to reapply every 2 hrs or so because of its sheerness.

Since I have dry skin, I don't know how the oil prevention is on oily skin, so you'll have to refer to the other reviews.

Overall, it's too sheer to provide any decent coverage, and it looks cakey if you start building it up. It's definitely not worth the money and there's way more powders to try before I get this again.

on 4/14/2016 10:40:00 AM

Such a wonderful powder. Build able coverage and doesn't break me out!!