Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder
neutrogena skinclearing mineral natural ivory 20

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 1/6/2018 5:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I bought this on a whim at Walgreens... I got it in Nude. IT IS GOING BACK TO WALGREENS.

Pros:
The concept of it helping clear skin up, though I cannot attest that it does or does not clear skin or help skin stay clear.

Cons:
The shade "Nude" is NOT A TRUE NUDE.
This was WAYYYY darker than any other "nude" i've tried.
First impression was that it went on ORANGE.
By the end of the day the oxidation was TERRIBLE, to the point I looked like an oompa loompa off Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I love giving the benefit of the doubt but this product is a BIG NO for me.

*I also tried using this with a translucent powder over it and that did not help. I tried using a bareminerals all over face powder brush..I tried using a sponge applicator... just NO. nothing helped. I should have stuck with my trusty Revlon Colorstay powder.. everytime i buy a powder from Neutrogena it's either too yellow or too orange.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My favorite powder by far! Never leaves me feeling oily or cakey and I can always count on it to actually aid in keeping my face free of acne. I've been using this powder on and off for about five years now, whenever I can afford to splurge a bit on it. I really wish it would cost less than $10, because I am a powder fanatic! Also provides decent coverage if you want to use it directly on your face without any foundation or concealer.

on 3/21/2016 12:30:00 PM

This powder is my go-to. Never breaks me out. I use it alone for a matte finish and to give a light coverage to even my skin tone out. I love it

on 2/19/2016 12:59:00 AM

I've been on the hunt for a powder that won't break the bank, doesn't break out my finicky skin, and controls my oilies. I'm about an NC25/30 right now and I purchased this in Buff. The color seems to match alright for now, but all of the shades seem a bit dark.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, has been breaking me out lately, so this is really a godsend for me right now. The coverage is light/medium and it helps diminish my large pores and overall redness. I spot conceal my face with a liquid concealer first, then use this all over. It doesn't break me out and controls my oils for about 4 hours before I need to touch up again. I will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product. I use this as a powder over my bb cream for extra coverage and it seems to do the job. This doesn't really help with my acne problem, but it doesn't really seem to cause it either or clog my pores. I gave this 4/5 because after I apply this powder, within a few hours my face gets shiny again and I have to blot/re-powder my face.

on 1/16/2015 3:21:00 AM

I just got it today, so far love it! I am acne prone bt ever since i stayed to my routine no breakout. Wash and exfoliate with the grapefruit wash. Before i moisturize acne eliminating spot gel just a tad bit all over my face. Which keeps my skin clear. Then i use skin clearing Foundation. But im oily so something was missing SKIN CLEARING MINERAL POWDER! Omg my face is flawless now. This is coming from a persona addicted to too faced, benefit, tarte and many more from sephora. I still use those high end products but for like eyeshadow, primers etc. But for clear and healthy skin definitely NEUTROGENA!

on 11/16/2014 7:13:00 PM

I've been using this product for over a couple of years now and I am fairly happy with it - good enough to keep me from switching to another product. It has medium coverage and I don't know how much it helps me from clearing my skin, but it definitely does not make me break out. I also live in a very dry area with very long winters so I try to minimize the use of powder in general but I still often use this powder anyway since it does not dry out my skin or make it flakey in particular as long as I moisturize thoroughly.

on 11/16/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for a week and so far there are good and bad things,

Pros: I apply it with a powder brush after my concealer (I don't use foundation) by patting it on rather than buffing, and it really helps put together all of my makeup and evens out my skin tone. I always hate trying to pick the right color in drug stores, but I pretty much got the right color. It may be a shade too light, but it still works out all in all. It also sets my makeup really nicely. I noticed by the end of the day makeup has really stayed in place and kept from sliding.
Cons: Ironically enough, this makeup says its "skin clearing" and that it treats and prevents acne with salicylic acid, but it actually might to be making me break out a tiny bit. There could be another source of my new blemishes, but they appeared on my forehead, and I don't put any makeup on my forehead besides powder, so it's definitely a suspect. This might have been sneakily marketed because although it has salicylic acid, no where does it say its non-comedogenic, so there is a possibility it can clog your pores and create breakouts (especially since there's only 0.5% salicylic acid).This also doesn't do the best job at shine control for me, but it's summer and I can get pretty oily, so I probably should be using a finishing powder too, I just don't like too much stuff on my face.

Anyways I probably have to do an update for a final verdict, but I think my pros and cons are pretty even as of now, especially since I'm not sure if this is the cause of my breakouts. I will still be using it though!

on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM

BROKE ME OUT. I used this back in 2010 and couldn't remember why I ever stopped because it looked so pretty on, and even overt liquid foundation. then about a week in, I noticed pimples on my forehead and clogged pores on my chin. returned for full refund. won't ever go there again. guess this is why I stopped using it in the first place.