TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner

TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner

Water,Caprylic/Capric Tryglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol,Stearamidopropyl Dimethlyamine,Persea Gratissima (Avocado) oil, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Aspartic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid

on 11/26/2016 3:45:00 AM

My hair: fine, but dense (lots of it), length to shoulder blades, highlighted once 4 months ago, healthy condition. Scalp: very sensitive, itchy, often flaky with drugstore products

The product has thick-ish consistency and somewhat flowery, musty smell. I didn't love the smell, but it did not linger in my hair - so no problems there. Easy to spread through evenly though I did need to use quite a bit (doesn't matter really - price is so low). Detangled pretty well... though I was hoping for more. I had used the a moisturising conditioner from the same line previously, and found that to detangle better - probably the silicones at play here, as this product has none. Once my hair dried (air dry) it was a bit frizzy, a tiny bit.

This was a good product. I'm not in love, but really - a good value for money product and a solid choice when choosing a conditioner at the drugstore. I will continue searching for my drugstore HG - a girls got to dream.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love love love this conditioner , it leaves my hair soft , shiny and definitely more healty , this conditioner + coconut oil changed my hair dramatically, I reall can see a difference now. Will buy again for sure
Edit 24 Jan 2016 : I took one lippi off coz this conditioner has no slip at all , does nothing to detangle my hair , it makes tangles even worse . I'm really disappointed.

Ingredients written on the bottle i have :
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Behentrimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG 150 Distearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This conditioner did not do a lot for my hair. In the shower there was not a lot of slip, and I had to use a lot of product to get out tangles. My hair was by no means worse off after using this, but definitely not softer/healthier/shinier/better. Worth the try if you're looking for a conditioner with no protein or silicones, Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner is 10x better, more slip, less tangles, healthier hair. (it does have protein, but no silicone)

Don't be fooled by plant extracts in conditioners. If you want to try this b/c it has no protein or silicone, then that is a legitimate reason, but plant extracts are not going to make a difference. Unfortunately it's the proteins, silicones, copolymers, quats, etc that really condition. Plant extracts and many "natural" claims are a marketing ploy, because companies know consumers are chemical-phobic and feel good when they buy "natural". Check out this informative article that has contributions from people who work inside the hair industry. http://web.archive.org/web/20110206035312/http://www.nyscc.org/cosmetiscope/backissues/Cosmetiscope_02.2011_FINAL.pdf

on 11/11/2015 1:02:00 PM

I don't get the positive reviews on this conditioner. It smells a little bit unpleasant, and it detangles poorly. So what that it's cheap? There are plenty of very inexpensive conditioners that are worlds better, such as Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

on 9/29/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This product has been a staple in my natural hair care arsenal for a few years now and I've found that it does the job!

Great slip, decent smell and kind of melts away any pesky tangles in my hair when detangling. I've also began to use it as a leave in conditioner in a spray bottle whilst my hair is in Senegalese twists and I've found it provides a great amount of moisture to my hair.

The price is really good and I find that these are on offer most of the time in my local drugstore.

Great buy!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Yes to this product!! I have curly/coily, 3C hair and need a really good detangling conditioner I can use in the shower, and this fits the bill. It has great slip and the texture is light and easy to work with. An added bonus is that I've also been using this as a leave-in conditioner, with great results. It leaves my hair very shiny without frizz (that is a miracle in itself, particularly in summer humidity). It comes in a big bottle and I bought it for $5 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Love it. I'll be stocking up and keeping this on hand. It is silicone-free which is something I look for. Also, huge big massive thank you to the other 'curly girls' who reviewed this product, since I tend to value your recos the most!!! :)

on 3/1/2015 1:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this conditioner because I needed something moisturising and my hair loves aloe and avocado oil. This product however did virtually NOTHING to my hair - the no-conditioner effect. My hair became dry and unmanagable in the long run. Too bad it comes in such a giant bottle. I don't know how it looks like in USA but in UK the bottle looks like this
Full Size Image

on 2/27/2015 7:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This conditioner does an amazing job of making my hair feel soft and eliminating frizz. I use a fair amount to condition every morning and as a leave in. I'm mixed with curls between a 3B and 3C so I need a lot of moisture and this conditioner definitely delivers. It's reasonably priced for a giant bottle too.

I bought this conditioner about 6 months ago because I wanted a moisturizing conditioner that was also 'cone-free. My hair is long (currently waist-length), fine, and color-treated. I need moisture because my hair is dry from coloring but most of the time those leave my hair limp, oily, and dry (at the same time!). I know not to apply conditioner on my roots, just to the length. On the other hand I have tried volumizing conditioners to bring some life into my fine hair but they usually have too much junk in them and within a short time leave my hair flat and dry. This conditioner was pricier than the normal Tresemme conditioners, but the smell was amazing and again, looking for 'cone-free to try something new. Within just several days' use my hair was very dry and felt coated. I put it away with the other rejects. I pulled this out this morning to try again and it was awful. Tangles everywhere. I had a difficult time combing my hair, and had a lot of breakage as a result. My hair looked and felt "dirty", lifeless, and quite dry. The matching shampoo was equally as bad. I have small hands so a pump would have been handy. Trash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is THE conditioner I would recommend to curly and kinky-haired girls who are looking for a cone-free conditioner that can do some decent detangling! I tried this a few years ago with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised. This has the texture of a thin lotion and has a mild, inoffensive smell. It has the weight of a daily conditioner and offers light conditioning. Again, I loved the slip this provided my hair! It was so easy to detangle in the shower with this in.

Now, this isn't my HG detangling conditioner. That is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, which is full of silicones. If I was explicitly avoiding silicones, I would definitely use this to detangle.

For reference, I have 4a, thick, below-brastrap, color-treated hair.

Popular Conditioners