OPI Jade is the New Black

OPI Jade is the New Black

4.4

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Jade is the New Black is such a neat green cream nail polish. There was a time, many years ago, that green nail polishes were still a little unusual and hard to find, so when a major brand like OPI came out with a unique green shade it was understandably a big deal. By now, JITNB has become a classic color, and I would recommend it to fans of greens since it is one of the superior medium greens available in a cream finish.

on 6/27/2016 2:05:00 PM

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! From OPI's Hong Kong Collection for Spring 2010, Jade is the New Black is a muted-but-not-dusty, medium green with a creme finish. To be honest, I didn't think it looked like much in the bottle, but on the nail this shade is AMAZING. Very flattering, and different from anything else that I own.

Excellent formula as well. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

I would definitely buy this one again. LOVE!!!

great creamy texture and is thick enough for only 2 coats :) bought it on a discount in Hong Kong with three other OPI bottles. have never tried OPI before these bottles but I absolutely love them! it's nice to know that paying a little more is actually worth it. the green to me looks a little more olive than I expected but I love it!

on 4/22/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim to get a discount and I love it! It is a gorgeous grayed-jade green crme. Its so flattering against my light skin with olive undertones. I have several green polishes but nothing like this. Its vivid and show-stopping without being garish or too loud. The formula is fantastic; two coats make an opaque, streak-free finish. I dont care for OPIs extra wide brush, but I can get over that. I would buy this again.

I love this color! It's so vibrant! The OPI formula is great as well. The only reason I will not be repurchasing is because OPI is not cruelty free.

on 10/28/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite color is green, so naturally I am inclined to find green shades in my nail polishes too. This is a stunning color on my fingers. It is not as harsh on my skin tone as I thought it would be. To me it is a forest green shade. It should be flattering for those with medium or warm skin tones. With Halloween drawing near, I find it suitable to wear out to work. It is opaque with one coat, but I like how it looks with two coats. It doesn't apply streaky at all for me and it lasts well with a base and top coat. I'm very happy to have found this and add to my polish collection.

on 9/16/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always find greens for nail enamels a strange choice, but this pulls enough blue and a true 'jade' tone that it's a very pretty green, and rather attractive on my super pale yellowy undertoned hands. Looks super chic when paired with ruby or emerald jewellery. Also looks great with my jade pieces and anything with sapphires. A great jewel toned green, the only green I will wear. I originally purchased the dupe of this from the Revlon top speed line but couldn't bear the terrible wear time so resorted to purchasing it in the OPI formula and am so glad I did.

Maybe I got a good bottle, but I'm obsessed with this polish. The polish went on flawlessly, it was not at all goopy for me, and was opaque in one coat but I put two on for good measures. It was not at all streaky, and the brush aided that perfectly.I am a pink toned lady (NW20), and I think this color is very flattering on my skin tone. It does not look as bright on me as the picture for the review shows. Either way it is easily one of my favorite green polishes.

on 3/17/2014 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm wearing this tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day, but I guess I have to agree with some of the reviewers that I don't think it's very attractive on cool toned, pale, pink skin. I can see it looking lovely on someone with a yellow based skin tone.

I found the formula very goopy and uneven in application, and I had to sandwich it between layers of Gelous to get it to look decent.

Well, this one will probably be used for pedicures in the future. On the fingers it's a real miss for me, and I think it looks almost ridiculous. Wearing it to work tomorrow because I don't have time to start over. Well, I'll have to consume a lot of green beer to get used to this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I ordered this after reading many, many reviews and seeing many, many swatches. I wanted to love it. I expected to love it. I expected it to look okay with my complexion. But, I'm really sad to say, this is extremely unflattering on my pale, cool-toned (light with pink and blue undertones) skin, which kind of surprises me. This is among the top three least flattering nail polish colours I've ever worn. Yes, it's that bad. :(

This is a beautiful, rich, medium, cool-toned green. It does, indeed, remind me of jade, though as jade comes in all kinds of shades of green and even purple, that's not saying much. I guess I should say, "I've seen jade this colour". I do wear greens (though not often), but this colour, unfortunately, manages to bring out all the red in my fingers (lobster hands!) while simultaneously bringing out any and all yellow undertones in my cool-toned, pale complexion. My hands look both reddened and jaundiced at the same time, ugh.

That makes me truly sad, because the colour is really very pretty, and the formula is excellent, goes on smoothly, self-levels beautifully, and is absolutely opaque in two coats. It's a great quality polish in a beautiful colour (that just happens to look extremely awful on me).

It's not the fault of the polish that it doesn't look good on me, but as this is a personal review of my own use of the polish, I can't give it more than two lippies, one for the beautiful colour (and it is beautiful) and one for the nice formula. I really wish this looked better on me, and that I could give it more lippies, but if you're pale and cool-toned like I am (blue and pink undertones in your skin), I feel honour bound to warn you: this probably won't work any better for you than it does for me, sadly. I really want to wear this polish, but I just can't. :(

I've added this to my "give away" polish box. I know there are people on whom it would look absolutely gorgeous, so here's hoping it finds a good home. :)

Popular Polishes