Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipcolor 905D Smokin' Hot Pink

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipcolor 905D Smokin' Hot Pink

GORGEOUS!

I am pale yellow-olive with dark hair and this lipstick is fa-bu-lous. Not too cool, it's a beautiful, rich, reddy pink. I like intense lip colors to play with my high contrast coloring, and this color is a gem. I don't think the name is really appropriate.

The formula is a creamy, semi-matte. I normally wear creme lipsticks, but I'm impressed with how nice these are. They transfer a bit, but nothing like my normal lippies do! They last very well and I dot actually find them too drying.

My first purchase from this line, I'll be going back for MORE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get why on every shade you have people giving 1 star review because these are dry. These are matte, they are meant to be dry. That's what most of us love about them. Dry= long wearing, matte, flattering, no mess. If you don't like matte then don't buy matte lipstick, problem solved. This is one of the more "blah" shades of the line. It's not pink, it's not red, it's not mauve, it's sort of in between. I like it, but it's nothing special. It's one of my least worn shades in the line.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

This color is just not for me. I am fair with brown hair and this comes off too 80's for me. I also found the formula very drying! I realize this is super cheap but it would be nice if they could make a cap that stays on....just saying

its a fabulous pink. it makes me feel happy :)

on 5/17/2015 6:38:00 AM

this is my first year to try out drugstore lipstick ( have been in Chanel, Dior, YSL, Chantecaille, MAC, Estée Lauder, Armani ,shiseido for 25 years. The cheapest one I have ever got is Lancôme) But, this is so good. Very pigmented. A bit too matte ( even on a 86% humidity rainy day) . This is the first matte lipstick I have. I feel so dump for not noticing any drugstore lipstick previously. Will not repurchase this colour ( too shocking for daily office wear). Will definitely try out other colors.

I will try to apply this with lip brush to see if I can tone down the colour, more wearable.

I try to put on the lipbalm that comes with cover girl long wear lip colour before putting this one, to reduce the dryness/too matte look. It works in the first 20 mins but return to matte/ drying from there.

I put on shiseido benefiance full correction lip treatment first, and apply this right after it. Not drying, and in fact, not matte at all. A very beautiful low/ medium gloss highly pigmented lipstick look.

I will definitely try out other colors!

To prevent the messy lipstick cover, open/ close this lipstick upside down.

on 4/14/2015 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a perfect colour for my fair skin; neither too warm nor too cool toned. I think the name is a bit misleading because although this has pink tones, I wouldn't describe the colour as a pink on its own (more like strawberry). The Mega Last lipsticks from Wet n Wild, are very matte, and super long lasting, yet still slightly creamy upon application. This is a beautiful colour that can be both subtle and bold, depending on how heavy handed you are.

I bought this product very last minute when my mountain of red lipsticks clashed horrendously with orange tights I was wearing for a performance. I usually gravitate towards red (as aforementioned) and pale/subdued pink lip colours, but I swatched this at the stand and fell in love. It's a darker pink that looks striking against my pale skin (I'm 0C - rosy fair - in my Everyday Minerals foundation) but I reckon it's a colour that would look beautiful on most skin tones. It lasted throughout the performance under hot stage lights and held up pretty amazingly for the remainder of the night. The finish is matte, which is both a pro and a con. It lasts for ages with little transfer, but as with all matte lipsticks it can be a little drying. I would not recommend wearing this lipstick with dry lips starting out. I always exfoliate with a sugar scrub and then let a lip butter absorb for a few minutes and that seems to help. I think the biggest con for me was the packaging, and this goes for all Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks. The lipstick didn't feel very secure in the tube and wobbled about, so it took a bit of work for a precise application. After using it for a while, I depotted it into a little cosmetic jar and I apply it with a lip brush. Despite its minor flaws, I would definitely repurchase this lipstick as it's such a gorgeous colour and has amazing staying power.

on 9/10/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll try to keep this short -

Color: Medium blue-based Rose-pink.

Longevity: Excellent lasting power, without eating or drinking, lasted a good 5 hours with minimal wear.

Taste & Smell: None that I encountered (yay!)

Texture: Creamy semi-matte (unless blotted, matte), easy to apply (no drag) and very comfortable to wear; can be drying without a little lip prep first.

Overall: Nice, but I won't be repurchasing, I think one of the reasons women, such as myself, buy such colors is the hopes that it will help brighten their face with very little effort involved, and this color did nothing for my NC20-25 skin, unlike WnW "Cherry Picking" which a face brightener in a tube. continued >>

on 8/21/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

RUN
Don't walk

I REPEAT RUN

AND GET THIS LIPSTICK

I have searched high and low for a bright lipstick that would not make me look like a clown.
My olive-y warm beige skin somehow makes all the other lipsticks I have tried either too light, too chalky, too garish, and all that good stuff.

If you have the same problem as I do, try this lipstick.

It's a deeper bright rose that is just so sophisticated and beautiful.
It's the perfect middle ground between fun/bright and classy.

It's great for a lip point makeup when I'm feelin' too lazy to apply a lot of eye makeup!
But it's also gorgeous as a lip blotted down stain :)

Staying power is amazing
The pigmentation to die for

The price? UNBELIEVABLY AFFORDABLE

I don't even care about the packaging. What's on the inside is a total gem.

I'm getting more colors, guys.
All the colors in this line are so sophisticated- they are just as gorgeous as high end brands, i promise.

GO GET YOU SOME

This review is for the Mega Last Lipcolor line in general.
I haven't used this shade but this lipstick is the best. I have used high end brands from Lancôme to Estee Lauder. They don't hold a candle to Wet n Wild. Full, rich pigment that wears for at least 4 hrs,just like they say,all for 1.97! Yes,there is actual truth in advertising and those big names could take a tip from this bargain line.
I urge anyone to try this. So comfortable to wear and all the shades are a matte/creme finish. Something I appreciate since I detest glitter and frosts.