OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry
Meet Me On The Star Ferry by OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry by OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

4.2

on 8/27/2016 3:18:00 AM

This is an older OPI, part of their core collection and I like it. Creams may be all the rage at the moment, but shimmers, frosts and metallics can be worn whenever. This a mauve metallic/shimmer with a subtle glitter that is apparent out in sun thus making it a little more interesting. Its a bit retro 90's/naughties looking but i think fashion goes in swings and roundabouts anyway. Its a colour i'd wear to the office because although it has glitter and shimmer and frost going on, because it is a mauve its a little neutral and its definitely not in your face.

The formula was good, opaque in two coats and holding up well. Good basecoat and good topcoat and it lasts well on my nails.

Definitely something I'll be keeping in my stash and wearing of a weekend or to work as i see fit.

on 5/17/2016 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Pinky purple with a touch of brown in it and an almost metallic finish. It's an interesting shade that's for sure. I don't like this at all for a pedicure, looks fine on fingernails. I found it chipped much more quickly than other OPI polishes. I don't love the colour enough to tolerate how quickly it chipped, would not repurchase.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/11/2015 2:59:00 AM

Generic. Frosty. Slightly-80s looking. And a little on the conservative side. This is a shimmery mauve-ish color that I honestly thought was a little dull.

Good OPI formula though. Opaque In two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But this isn't something that I would buy again.

Meet Me On The Star Ferry is from the Hong Kong collection and this is one polish I have yet to find a dupe for. It's pink and mauve with lots of shimmer and a slightly frosty/metallic finish! It really stands out in the sunlight, like a Lancome Juicy Tube - very shiny! It's a very girly polish - I especially love wearing it in spring/summer, but it's not too extreme for work. It is a bit sheer so you definitely need at least two coats plus careful application to avoid visible brush strokes. It does wear reasonably well considering I use my hands a lot - I only noticed the faintest tip wear after two days. But this is a PAIN to remove. So much shimmer!

on 10/22/2013 1:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Lovely unique colour, dramatic enough for evening but suitable for work too. I don't have anything else like this in my nail polish collection, it is such a pretty combination of colours that varies depending on the light. Looks great against my pale skin. This one is super-easy to apply, needs 2-3 coats to be opaque, but it's not streaky at all.

Nothing bad to say about this one, if you like shimmery polishes and you're thinking of getting it - get it! :)

on 2/27/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is from the Hong Kong Collection. I love this color for fall and winter. It is a medium dusty mauve with gold-ish microglitter. Gold is usually tricky on me (my skin tone is NC), but this looks very nice as the gold is so subtle. There's no brownish undertone in the color, at least not on me, which is a plus as brown does not look good on me.

Quality is as you'd expect from any OPI, fully opaque in two coats, easy to apply. I struggle with lasting power on all my polishes, including all high-end brands, so I have little expectations and this polish is the same as most other OPIs, it lasts about two days on me without chipping (I have natural nails and type a lot on keyboard).

Price is perfectly OK for me if I buy in the US where in retail, this cost 8.50-9.00 $. Go to Chinese beauty supply stores and you can find it for 4.00-5.00 $, which is absolutely fine. A bottle lasts a long time and doesn't dry out, I think I've had mine for 2 years and use this polish probably 20 times a year, which eventually is a decent deal for me.

A bit pricey, as all OPI polishes, but worth it. Stays a week on my nails, great color, good covering. Will definitely buy again. :)

on 8/8/2012 5:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this colour! I love how it changes in different lights, sometimes rusty brown, sometimes purple and with such a beautiful shimmer! :)

The formula was pretty good, I could have gotten away with 1 coat if I wanted to, but preferred two, I knocked one of my nails on the first coat and couldn't be bothered taking it off to redo it and it almost totally fixed itself on the second coat, it seems to level out really well. Very shiny, could have done without a topcoat, I just like to use topcoat to make it last better... Day 2 without any chips at all yet. loving it! :)

on 7/5/2012 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great color! It changes from a medium plummy-pinky purple to almost brown in certain light, and the multicolored microshimmer makes it complex and interesting.

Application/drying time/brush/packaging/wear are all typical of OPI: excellect. Just needs a good fast-drying topcoat.

I was rather surprised at how sheer this was, I needed 3 coats to make it opaque. No big deal, I find it's easier to apply neatly with sheer polishes.

OPI is no longer cruelty-free since it was bought by Coty, but I would swap for this again.

on 2/10/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

On me, this shows up as a medium mauvey purple with hints of copper. Love how smooth the formula is, and the color has a lot of dimension. Wasn't sure from the bottle what it would look like on, but it is unique, and pretty idiot-proof in terms of application. A nice break from my usual cremes. Probably wouldn't wear it in warm weather, but it's a nice wintry color for me.

Popular Polishes