Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros:
Bleaches my hair (with half powder and half cream)
Cons:
Not Easy to mix on the tray provided.

I will never buy this product again! After hearing so many good reviews on this bleach I had to buy it to try it out. When I opened the cream bleach, it wasn't cream at all, it was a mix of powder and wax (think of a white candle wax after the candle has burnt out and the wax dried up again)!! Since I never used this bleach I didn't think much of it. I tried mixing it in with the accelerator and of course, it did not mix. Was there for 30 minutes straight trying to mix this poor excuse of a bleach but couldn't. Went to YouTube reviews and the cream on theirs didn't look like what I got. Now before you say "it wasn't authentic" I got it at Ulta. If I could post a picture I would. It's now a powdery yellowish substance. Don't even know where the yellow came from. Such a disappointment.

Used this twice so far and I am super impressed with it! It bleaches stray hairs around my eyebrows and my moustache hairs so quickly without making them yellow or orange. The finish is a light blonde shade and the hairs are barely noticeable after bleaching. The mixture does sting a bit but it is not painful and I only leave it on for 10-15 minutes anyway! What is remarkable about the product is that it does not stain the skin or discolor it. After I wash it off, my skin looks just as it was before the bleaching! Great price, great product and you get quite a lot of product for your money! Super easy procedure without any unpleasant pain or discoloration!

I have used this bleach for about 3 years now after it being recommend by a friend, I use this about once a week or less to lighten the excess hair on my face. I apply 1 part powder to 2 parts creme and have found this way works best for me, I usually leave the mixture on for about 30 mins. I have never experienced any problems or irritation from this product and it makes the hair really soft afterwards. After the hair is first bleached I find that it seems to be quite bright and sometimes a bit noticeable in harsh light however this goes after 2-3 days. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone who wishes to lighten any excess hair they have. If you like in the UK home bargains has the cheapest price and sometimes random hair supply shops will stock too however if all else fails I know Boots stock this and also the larger tub as well but the price is higher so I usually leave boots as a last resort if I'm unable to find it anywhere else. Also I've tried both the normal tub and the one with aloe Vera for more sensitive skin and haven't noticed a difference between the two. AND this has no smell and doesn't bleach clothes/towels in case you have any spillages like I usually do!

Does the job brilliantly, a sure confidence boost. The only small thing i have with it is the hair shows up in bright light, it has only been a day or so, so it might dull down?
I was also worried it would leave my skin slightly discoloured, but that has worn off fairly quickly.
Easy to mix and to apply, the tools supplied were usable but a bit naf so you could probably use something else. I have medium brown hair it dyed it blonde.
I recommend.
REVIEW PT 2
After a couple of weeks the hairs are returning to their noticeable state. The blonde colour didn't dull down, so it was noticeable in bright sunlight .. which inevitably it was sunny all week, it is ok in normal lit rooms and i did still feel better about myself for doing it, i think it is more of a quick fix personally. I am going to try waxing next but no doubt i will fall back on this as it does exactly what it claims to do. Worth the buy in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After years of using Jolen creme bleach, I still always go back this this brand. Hands down the most consistent quality control I've seen with a formula. I use it on my upper lip. Love the fact the new packaging has a mixing cup rather than the plastic board in older packaging. I have fair skin with dark ash blond hair, and over the years my upper lip hairs seem to have gotten darker. (No one ever notices, but I do and it bugs me) This bleach works well, mix and apply for 10 minutes. No irritation and I have sensitive acne prone skin.

Always works (though I put it on for 30 minutes, not 10), and it keeps forever.

I've been lazy and haven't bleached the fuzz on my jaw for years. I pulled out my Jolen cream and applied and viola, worked like it was brand new from the store. You get a lot for your money and the jar lasts a long time. Great product.

I was looking to buy the Sally Hansen kit but came across this one. I wanted it to lighten my eyebrows a teeny bit. It worked wonderfully!! I'm mad at myself for not trying it before. I have dark brown hair but my sparse eyebrow hairs are black. Against my light skin I find them too harsh. Especially since I do have to fill them in. Even if I used a lighter brow pencil or powder my brows still ended up looking too dark. So I basically just wanted to lighten them a shade or two. I put it on the first or thickest part of my brows for the first few minutes. I didn't really watch the time I just kept scraping off a bit to see where it was at every 30 seconds. Then reapplying. When it got to be close (I was so afraid of turning them orange) I added some bleach to the tail of my brows. I think I only had it on there for a total of 5 minutes tops. It didn't tingle or burn like I was bracing myself for. I got my brows about 2 1/2 shades lighter (which still looked fine) and now when I fill them in, they look perfect! I love this stuff! The little mixing tray is useless though, I used a little bowl.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm asian with really dark black hair and my strands are really straight but coarse. I usually have colored hair, and I find I like to lighten up my black brows a bit to a medium brown which make my brows appear softer. I've tried the sally hansen cream bleach for face as well on my brows, which actually doesn't work for me aside from the extra strength version, probably because each individual strand of hair is so thick. The sally hansen extra strength one also works but I think the proportions for the powder and cream they give you to mix together is off. This one is cheaper at the drugstore, they actually give you more product, and the containers are much better in quality. Both these cream bleaches for some reason only can lighten some strands while others stay black, but this works very well on my brows. 10 min later they are a medium brown, and none are completely blonde which is great, because sometimes the sally hansen one does that and it looks strange on me. I think it's just slightly less potent than the extra strenght sally hansen so its easier to monitor how light you want your brows to go. Overall really great, easy application, and quick results. Will be my go-to cream bleach from now on!

Terrible.
I have used quite a few cream bleaches and this one if by far the biggest disappointment. For such hype and a pretty high price, I was expecting full hair coverage on a few darker hairs on my chin and neck. That did not happen. The bleach only dyed half of the hair leaving the rest from the root up, not dyed. The result also lasted a few days making the hair appear as though it had not been bleached!
Very disappointed.