Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in 512 Timeless Nude

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in 512 Timeless Nude

2.9

on 2/5/2016 2:52:00 PM

This really is a nicely pigmented lip color...although this to me is more like a liquid lipstick than it is a gloss because its not moisturizing enough to be a gloss in my opinion...but anyways...I think it smells like sugared grapefruit and its REALLY STRONG...its too strong. I dont mind a little sweetness in my lipgloss now and then but this is too much! For that reason i will not repurchase, although I do like the color! Nudey pink!

Pros
-nice pigmentations
-lasts

Cons
-drying on the lips
-scent is too strong

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I must have a different sense of smell than everyone else, because I LIKE the scent. It smells like a dreamsicle to me! I love understated color. Very nice for every day wear. It's a mix between lip gloss and lipstick. Youthful looking, but stays on well. It's a tad bit drying, but nowhere near as drying as lipstick. Also, a little sticky. I kissed one of my baby nephews goodbye, and my lips nearly stuck to him! Overall, a nice purchase and a great alternative for people like me who don't like lipstick but need more staying power than gloss.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It doesn't smell fabulous but it's not that bad really. I don't smell balloons or anything just a bleh mineral smell. I love the color especially if I lay it on thick. Its pretty opaque and smooth. A great smoky eye color. My lips are smooth so I don't notice it collecting in cracks etc. One lippie off for the less than amazing smell but I can totally deal with it. it's also not quite as moisturizing as some products but that is probably why it lasts a long time on my lips. For "around the house" lips I prefer a lot of moisture.

Update: Took off another lippie because I just don't like anything that is even remotely drying. Maybe putting balm under it would help. It's not terrible but I choose gloss over lipstick because I want that moist feel.

on 4/7/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful satiny smooth lipcolor in a beautful muted rosy nude beige tone. Don't go into purchasing this expecting a high shine gloss - you can't apply it thickly and it needs to be applied in a thin smooth layer over your liner and wears as more of a satin finish slightly matte classic nude lip. It actually provides a really moisturising protective barrier to the lips as it locks in existing moisture, I personally love the pina-colada mixed with old time lipstick smell, I find it charming but those who dislike fragrances beware. I give this a 4/5 for the shade alone. Gorgeous

on 2/20/2013 4:43:00 AM

worst lip gloss ever! too greasy, badly pigmented, dry out quickly, hard to blend on the lips smoothly even when using a brush.

my biggest dissapointment, so lucky because it's a gift, not a purchase or else, it would become my biggest regret.

Perfect dupe for mars lip lacquer in chelsea girls infact even better since its in a tube with a wand & much more less expensive :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in Timeless Nude is just the pinky nude color I wanted...and the packaging is so chic and practical, but very high end looking. That's about where the pros end for me. When I unscrew the cap, the first thing I notice is the scent. It smells almost like latex, as another reviewer mentioned, and I don't find it to be too pleasent. As I go to put it on, it looks nice...but then fast forward about thirty minutes. It's cakey, setteling into the lines on my lips (and I didn't know I had any!), and feels like it cracks whenever I smile, frown, or basically move my lips at all. It's a brilliant color...but sadly, the formula is not for me.

on 6/27/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this color it is the exact color I was searching for, a gorgeous pinky peach. I love how this looks with my revlon l/s soft nude and it lasts long. The major issue I have with this l/g is the smell. It smells HORRIBLE. It smells like latex balloons. Im not one who is sensitive to scents but I could not get past it. I had to toss it away such a shame!

on 5/30/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews! I absolutely love this product! it's unlike any other lipgloss I own, and the nude really brings out my pink undertone. The smell is amazing to me, yet i must admit it's a little overwhelming.

Long lasting power, and ugh the colour is just amazing!

AND PS THE NUDE ISNT REALLY NUDE... IT HAS A PEACHY PINK TONE IN IT

Like most I hate the scent, it is like cleaner or paint. Hate how it settled into every tiny line in my lips, not a good look! It is very long lasting, and a pretty color, I'll give it that.