Korres Wild Rose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Korres Wild Rose Powder
Wild Rose Powder

3.7

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

It's a very nice powder. Not over-drying and certainly does what you need it to. I have the Illuminating Powder and with a little dusting under your eyes, it instantly brightens your look. A little goes a long way - this stuff will last you!

on 9/19/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if the previous reviewer looked up this Korres powder correctly on Skin Deep, as it is not listed there. Not only that, but Korres does not have ANY products that are rated at 8/10 on the danger scale.
Also, silica that is listed as an individual ingrediant in Korres products receives a 1/10 on the danger scale.

From the Skin Deep website www.cosmeticsdatabase.com:
"About SILICA: Silica is the most common constituent of sand. Fine silica, typically used in industrial applications and inhaled by workers, is associated with a wide range of disorders. In cosmetics for skin use, regular sand presents little, if any risk to people. Because the particles might be finely ground down for use in a product that might be inhaled (such as a facial powder), the inhalation scores reflect the underlying data."

Now onto my review:
I'm neutral toned and the range does run more on the yellow side, however, I found the colors blended into my skin tone perfectly. Would not recommended for pink undertones.This provides light to medium coverage, and looks very natural. Takes shine away when pressed in with the sponge, and then I touch up later in the day with a brush.
Many products tend to clog my pores and this powder doesn't. I love it. I use concealer on my brown spots, under eyes, around nose, and finish of with this powder and q quick hit of blush and I'm set. I didn't think I would be able to pull off the powder look since my early-mid twenties, and can with this silky powder.
I like how the sponge is seperated in the compact, but the compact itself is bulky.
Will buy again!

on 9/17/2010 1:49:00 PM

High Risk Rating on this product! In trying to de-tox my beauty regimen, I had researched Korres and many other companies. I knew that most of their stuff is safe, and some is not. This product is NOT. It gets an 8 (high danger) rating on SkinDeep Cosmetics rating site. The high rating is due to the cancer-linked silica, and also to the use of "fragrance". That always earns a bad rating, so I emailed them to ask what was in their fragrance. I got little info except that it is "natural", well, heck, lead and arsenic are natural too, but I'm not putting them on my face! So, I will return this to Sephora, who had this stocked in their "natural" section. Shame on them, and on me for not doing good homework!
Now, if you don't care what you're putting onto (and into, yes, it soaks in!) your body... here's my review...

Like others have said... it is yellowy. It controls oil well, does not wear long for me, though. My skin feels tight until it wears off. Great package! Tough, stylish, love the separate compartment for the not-too-crappy sponge.

Not a good replacement for my used-forever Merle Norman Luxiva Pressed Powder Foundation, which earns *5* (moderate hazard) rating. Next stop... PUR Minerals!