Korres Wild Rose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Korres Wild Rose Powder
Wild Rose Powder

4.3

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

on 4/15/2011 4:58:00 PM

At first I really liked this foundation. Then, I started breaking out :( And even worse than that, the powder barely stays on! Even if I moisturized before, by the end of the day it would all be gone.

I had it in the lightest color, and it matched my skin great, was very light, and looked very natural. It didn't feel gross or thick on my skin and left a nice shimmer. If only it didn't all disappear within a few hours...

I bought this in early January 2011, and I hit pan so review time. What drew me the most to this powder was that it is made of natural ingredients. I have dry skin and most powders dry me out even more. With this wild rose powder, it has jojoba oil in it which doesn't dry out my skin like others. This is also paraben-free for thoes concerned about parabens. This has no shimmer or shine to it and is completely matte. I wear a sunscreen that is greasy and has an extreme white cast and most powders can't hold up to it. At the end of the day I would be shiney and gross looking. But this keeps the shine away for a long time, so I would say it is long-lasting.It is not a foundation powder but it does say the coverage is buildable. I would say the coverage is sheer to medium. It has a great natural looking finish and you can apply a lot of it to an extent that it would not look cakey. I paid about $35 CND for it.
--Love the powder but the packaging is my biggest complaint. I don't mind the square compact but it is bulky and way too thick. It is misleading in that you think you get a lot of product but when you open the compact the powder takes up very very little of the depth of the compact. Below the powder is space for a sponge. This is where there is so much wasted space. The area below is deep, making up the bulk of the packaging and the sponge they give you is so much smaller than the space made for it. Yea, the packaging is a fail for me. I think though if I found a flat brush that fit in the area I will change my mind. Otherwise,the packaging is way to bulky, unless the company decided to up the amount of product given.

on 9/19/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if the previous reviewer looked up this Korres powder correctly on Skin Deep, as it is not listed there. Not only that, but Korres does not have ANY products that are rated at 8/10 on the danger scale.
Also, silica that is listed as an individual ingrediant in Korres products receives a 1/10 on the danger scale.

From the Skin Deep website www.cosmeticsdatabase.com:
"About SILICA: Silica is the most common constituent of sand. Fine silica, typically used in industrial applications and inhaled by workers, is associated with a wide range of disorders. In cosmetics for skin use, regular sand presents little, if any risk to people. Because the particles might be finely ground down for use in a product that might be inhaled (such as a facial powder), the inhalation scores reflect the underlying data."

Now onto my review:
I'm neutral toned and the range does run more on the yellow side, however, I found the colors blended into my skin tone perfectly. Would not recommended for pink undertones.This provides light to medium coverage, and looks very natural. Takes shine away when pressed in with the sponge, and then I touch up later in the day with a brush.
Many products tend to clog my pores and this powder doesn't. I love it. I use concealer on my brown spots, under eyes, around nose, and finish of with this powder and q quick hit of blush and I'm set. I didn't think I would be able to pull off the powder look since my early-mid twenties, and can with this silky powder.
I like how the sponge is seperated in the compact, but the compact itself is bulky.
Will buy again!