KORRES Natural Products Wild Rose Powder

KORRES Natural Products Wild Rose Powder
Wild Rose Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

The first time I used this I was so disappointed. I was drawn to it because of its natural ingredients without parabens, sulfates, etc. but then I put it on my face and wondered what good makeup properties (coverage, color, blendability) it did have. I put on my primer and this powder over it and my face became a splotchy, orange, streaky mess. This powder is too chalky, has little to no coverage, and doesn't stay put. It made my skin feel tight and even though I have combination skin it made my face feel horribly dry after application. The packaging is also really boxy and bulky. I have no use for it as a suitable face powder anymore. Now I just use this with my contour powder or bronzers when I want to lighten them a bit.

on 8/2/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I thought I really liked this product ( WR6).. until the packaging just totally quit on me! i found that the applicator that came with it didnt allow for even coverage. The middle portion where the powder was held broke off at the corners. I ended up exchanging it at sephora for a tarte concealer pen.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh, love the ingredients list ~short sweet~ but what is with the peachy tint!? I got the lightest shade, fair, and so disappointed! like others have stated, it really doesnt last either. I really wanted it to be that "special powder".. but atlas… I’ll need to return it to sephora.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If ur looking for something that will make ur face look like a porcelain doll, this isnt for you. although this compact smells great and has all natural ingredients, it will make ur face look all natural, like u have nothing on. Im the type who likes to look like a clown (pack on lots of powder with lots of coverage). So this wasnt for me. i definitley would not purchase again. Too expensive, bulky packaging with, Not a lot of product.

It's a very nice powder. Not over-drying and certainly does what you need it to. I have the Illuminating Powder and with a little dusting under your eyes, it instantly brightens your look. A little goes a long way - this stuff will last you!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

okay uhhm, this powder is not the worst ..if you have aging skin i think this might be really nice, but i used this and i didnt like it because it has such little coverage and doesnt do much...plus i payed a pretty penny for this , and now its just sitting in my room, ALSO there are only like 4 or 5 colors :O ...i looove koress and i would repurchase only if they had more colors, because it does brighten....thats why i gave it a 2 instead of a one...OH ANDD because it smells wonderfuuulllllll :D

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is okay. Not the best whatsoever. The color is too dark for me and shows the whiteness of my face around my mouth and top of my forehead as it wears off (easily). The packaging is horribly big, it barely fits in my makeup bag.

Overall, would not recommend.

on 4/15/2011 4:58:00 PM

At first I really liked this foundation. Then, I started breaking out :( And even worse than that, the powder barely stays on! Even if I moisturized before, by the end of the day it would all be gone.

I had it in the lightest color, and it matched my skin great, was very light, and looked very natural. It didn't feel gross or thick on my skin and left a nice shimmer. If only it didn't all disappear within a few hours...

on 9/17/2010 1:49:00 PM

High Risk Rating on this product! In trying to de-tox my beauty regimen, I had researched Korres and many other companies. I knew that most of their stuff is safe, and some is not. This product is NOT. It gets an 8 (high danger) rating on SkinDeep Cosmetics rating site. The high rating is due to the cancer-linked silica, and also to the use of "fragrance". That always earns a bad rating, so I emailed them to ask what was in their fragrance. I got little info except that it is "natural", well, heck, lead and arsenic are natural too, but I'm not putting them on my face! So, I will return this to Sephora, who had this stocked in their "natural" section. Shame on them, and on me for not doing good homework!
Now, if you don't care what you're putting onto (and into, yes, it soaks in!) your body... here's my review...

Like others have said... it is yellowy. It controls oil well, does not wear long for me, though. My skin feels tight until it wears off. Great package! Tough, stylish, love the separate compartment for the not-too-crappy sponge.

Not a good replacement for my used-forever Merle Norman Luxiva Pressed Powder Foundation, which earns *5* (moderate hazard) rating. Next stop... PUR Minerals!

on 1/17/2012 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this on sale at sephora on sale for $10 and today was my first time using it and sofar I'm impressed it kept the shine away for a long time so i didn't have to constantly re-apply (my friend thinks it's weird when i put on powder so i try not to)