Korres Wild Rose Powder

Korres Wild Rose Powder
Wild Rose Powder

3.4

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides].

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Overall, I really love this powder. I wore it a lone a couple days and it gave good light-medium to medium coverage. Not really enough coverage for me though. It gives a little less coverage in comparison to MAC Studio Fix Powder. The texture is amazing though. It is probably the most luxurious powder I own. It blends so beautifully, especially when I take a powder brush and swipe it over my liquid foundation for an extra airbrushed look. For reference, I'm a MAC NC40 and I chose WRP3. It's a decent match, but I wish it was more golden yellow. I haven't checked out WRP4 but it may be a better match as I'm a WRF4 in the Wild Rose Liquid Foundation.

It evens out my skin tone, but the coverage is sheer. The packaging is horrible and bulky; there isn't really a lot of product and it costs about $30.

The powder is high quality and finely milled, it isn't chalky.

The first time I used this I was so disappointed. I was drawn to it because of its natural ingredients without parabens, sulfates, etc. but then I put it on my face and wondered what good makeup properties (coverage, color, blendability) it did have. I put on my primer and this powder over it and my face became a splotchy, orange, streaky mess. This powder is too chalky, has little to no coverage, and doesn't stay put. It made my skin feel tight and even though I have combination skin it made my face feel horribly dry after application. The packaging is also really boxy and bulky. I have no use for it as a suitable face powder anymore. Now I just use this with my contour powder or bronzers when I want to lighten them a bit.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

OK, I admit I am a hugs Korres fan and love everything I have bought from this line. But I have to say that this powder is amazing. No, it is ot a long lasting powder, but this is not meant to be a powder foundation, it is a touch up or setting powder. It is so fine milled and silky, and if you apply it with a flat head powder brush it goes on like a dream.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

If ur looking for something that will make ur face look like a porcelain doll, this isnt for you. although this compact smells great and has all natural ingredients, it will make ur face look all natural, like u have nothing on. Im the type who likes to look like a clown (pack on lots of powder with lots of coverage). So this wasnt for me. i definitley would not purchase again. Too expensive, bulky packaging with, Not a lot of product.

on 9/17/2010 1:49:00 PM

High Risk Rating on this product! In trying to de-tox my beauty regimen, I had researched Korres and many other companies. I knew that most of their stuff is safe, and some is not. This product is NOT. It gets an 8 (high danger) rating on SkinDeep Cosmetics rating site. The high rating is due to the cancer-linked silica, and also to the use of "fragrance". That always earns a bad rating, so I emailed them to ask what was in their fragrance. I got little info except that it is "natural", well, heck, lead and arsenic are natural too, but I'm not putting them on my face! So, I will return this to Sephora, who had this stocked in their "natural" section. Shame on them, and on me for not doing good homework!
Now, if you don't care what you're putting onto (and into, yes, it soaks in!) your body... here's my review...

Like others have said... it is yellowy. It controls oil well, does not wear long for me, though. My skin feels tight until it wears off. Great package! Tough, stylish, love the separate compartment for the not-too-crappy sponge.

Not a good replacement for my used-forever Merle Norman Luxiva Pressed Powder Foundation, which earns *5* (moderate hazard) rating. Next stop... PUR Minerals!

on 9/19/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if the previous reviewer looked up this Korres powder correctly on Skin Deep, as it is not listed there. Not only that, but Korres does not have ANY products that are rated at 8/10 on the danger scale.
Also, silica that is listed as an individual ingrediant in Korres products receives a 1/10 on the danger scale.

From the Skin Deep website www.cosmeticsdatabase.com:
"About SILICA: Silica is the most common constituent of sand. Fine silica, typically used in industrial applications and inhaled by workers, is associated with a wide range of disorders. In cosmetics for skin use, regular sand presents little, if any risk to people. Because the particles might be finely ground down for use in a product that might be inhaled (such as a facial powder), the inhalation scores reflect the underlying data."

Now onto my review:
I'm neutral toned and the range does run more on the yellow side, however, I found the colors blended into my skin tone perfectly. Would not recommended for pink undertones.This provides light to medium coverage, and looks very natural. Takes shine away when pressed in with the sponge, and then I touch up later in the day with a brush.
Many products tend to clog my pores and this powder doesn't. I love it. I use concealer on my brown spots, under eyes, around nose, and finish of with this powder and q quick hit of blush and I'm set. I didn't think I would be able to pull off the powder look since my early-mid twenties, and can with this silky powder.
I like how the sponge is seperated in the compact, but the compact itself is bulky.
Will buy again!

I bought this in early January 2011, and I hit pan so review time. What drew me the most to this powder was that it is made of natural ingredients. I have dry skin and most powders dry me out even more. With this wild rose powder, it has jojoba oil in it which doesn't dry out my skin like others. This is also paraben-free for thoes concerned about parabens. This has no shimmer or shine to it and is completely matte. I wear a sunscreen that is greasy and has an extreme white cast and most powders can't hold up to it. At the end of the day I would be shiney and gross looking. But this keeps the shine away for a long time, so I would say it is long-lasting.It is not a foundation powder but it does say the coverage is buildable. I would say the coverage is sheer to medium. It has a great natural looking finish and you can apply a lot of it to an extent that it would not look cakey. I paid about $35 CND for it.
--Love the powder but the packaging is my biggest complaint. I don't mind the square compact but it is bulky and way too thick. It is misleading in that you think you get a lot of product but when you open the compact the powder takes up very very little of the depth of the compact. Below the powder is space for a sponge. This is where there is so much wasted space. The area below is deep, making up the bulk of the packaging and the sponge they give you is so much smaller than the space made for it. Yea, the packaging is a fail for me. I think though if I found a flat brush that fit in the area I will change my mind. Otherwise,the packaging is way to bulky, unless the company decided to up the amount of product given.

on 4/15/2011 4:58:00 PM

At first I really liked this foundation. Then, I started breaking out :( And even worse than that, the powder barely stays on! Even if I moisturized before, by the end of the day it would all be gone.

I had it in the lightest color, and it matched my skin great, was very light, and looked very natural. It didn't feel gross or thick on my skin and left a nice shimmer. If only it didn't all disappear within a few hours...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh, love the ingredients list ~short sweet~ but what is with the peachy tint!? I got the lightest shade, fair, and so disappointed! like others have stated, it really doesnt last either. I really wanted it to be that "special powder".. but atlas… I’ll need to return it to sephora.