MAC Mineralize Foundation

MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A true gem if you have dry flaky skin or at least a dry combo skin.

I decided to purchase this foundation since MAC was having their 25% off sale and I have been so curious about this foundation for so long. I was debating if I should get the Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation or this and I decided to go with this due to my extremely dry skin.

At first glance, nothing is remarkable about this product. It is your typical creme foundation in a compact. I have to admit it contains less product compared to your 1 fl oz product but nonetheless I still find it quite intriguing.

Shade: MAC NC 25 is a good color match for me. I was thinking of getting NC 20 but then I also want to use this during the summer months so I rather go a bit darker than lighter.

Formula: Emollient!!!! This is not for OILY skin!!!! This is a very rich emollient product that will only cater to a specific no. of people. It is very creamy and does not set. Fortunately, for someone who needs three layers of moisturizers (oil, face cream and hydrating sunscreen) this was heaven sent.

Application: I have tried applying both using a sponge and a brush.I find that this works best with a buffing brush first (Morphe M439) and using a damp sponge just to press the product onto the skin to stop it from moving.

Finish: It has a very flattering Natural finish. Not too dewy and not matte. Overall, I am in love with this product.

This is an amazing product that deserves more attention from anyone who suffers from dry skin that needs a light to medium coverage. I say this is a must try and a good one to have in your arsenal in fighting dry skin.

Hope this helps!

I get super dry skin during the winter, and this foundation still managed to make me look super oily. It feels very heavy and gross on my skin, even when I sheer it out.

I quite enjoyed this product but I would only use it on days that I'm not going out long because it only lasts about 6 hrs on the face (I have combo-normal skin) until oil starts to break through. I have yet to try it out with a primer but for a powder it holds my oils for a bit longer. It holds blush well. It did break me out a bit but that was only because it was already expired. Oh well, overall great product.

on 10/11/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My first compact cream foundation and I'm really happy I bought this.I wish I tried it sooner! I've been needing one for a while now as my options for on-the-go have been taking a liquid/creme foundation+brush or powder compact . My skin is normal-dry and I live in a cold dry country and cream compacts just make more sense but there are not many made!

I was torn between this and the other cream foundation, studio tech. Studio tech had the full coverage that I love, it covers everything, but it was was too dry and cakey for my skin and would require lots of added work for a nice effect. Mineralize went on my skin with ease and looked so natural! I was sold. Having this is so convenient! I now just have one thing to carry around and it's very portable.

Some things about Mineralize: It is not full coverage. This is light coverage and will not work against covering up acne or major spots. Becomes even more sheer&dewy with damp sponge. Emollient, moisturizing, and dewy but not too greasy or oily. Great for normal-dry skin folks with not a lot of skin issues. Looks very natural and skin like. Lasted the whole day with little change/fading(I set with powder by the way). Very portable and Great for touch ups. LOTS of wonderful shade&color options, great for hard to find yellow/darker shades. This is more expensive than studio tech, which doesn't make sense to me since mineralize is less coverage. Mineralize costed me 52 Swiss Francs, ouch. Excellent product and I recommend this!

I own a liquid version of the same foundation (for some reason some people say it was discontinued, whereas there is a ton of it everywhere I go).

I have quite dry skin and local MAC employee recommended this to me saying it was a good product. I am so happy I actually took a sample of it first, because two days down the row and I knew that it was a terrible miss in the foundation department.

Even though I am so dry, it managed to make me look oily. It was getting all greasy and shiny after two-three hours and no matter how much I powdered - it just looked like a hot mess.

Also, the shades tend to differ from other MAC lines. So be careful on that one and double-check before buying.

If you want to read an in-depth review about this product with all its pro and contra, head to this blog review below. Hope it helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As a foundation, I find this product to be kind of gross. That said, I am not a creme foundation type, so it may be lost on me as I prefer liquid foundation. I have found this to be a great creme for contouring though! I am quite fair, so I have this in shade NW25 for contouring (my brother-in-law had given this to me after he tried it and didn't want it). I blend it into the hollows of my cheeks and it is great. It is creamy, blends rather well, warms up the skin, and sits rather well on my normal-to-dry cheeks. It does not blend or sit well on my normal-to-oily nose, and does not work well with my liquid foundation or powders in this area. So, I wouldn't repurchase, but I feel that if you have this and don't like it as a foundation, maybe try it for contouring.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is quite possibly the worst foundation I've ever bought. It's trully, really awful. I have very oily acne prone skin and I am not sure why the SA thought this would be very appropriate for me, especially when I asked for a matte foundation.

I was given shade NC35 (I am NC35 in their Prolongwear and Studio Fix) but this looks way to dark on me. Even worse, it won't stay for more than a few hours after applying, no matter what I do (primer or not). It sits on pores and lines, and I usually end up looking like an oil slick a few minutes after application. I also noticed that if I use it for a few days, my skin doesn't like it at all - it gives me bumps etc all over the place. In fact, I have this problem with all Mac foundations, including their loose powder. I should have known!

If you have very oily skin, I would really avoid this and find a powder compact instead. I had much better luck with Shiseido's UV Protective compact foundation (it even seems to clear my skin for some very odd reason!) and I think I've had enough with Mac's foundations. Great shades, but my skin does not seem to like them at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Complete waste of money. I only wear Mac and in general I love their products. I decided to try new foundation instead of face and body and originally tried to buy the studio tech foundation and was pushed into buying this one by the assistant, to find it to be a complete waste of money. After using it numerous times I have found it draws attention to your pores by making them seem bigger, it creases ridiculously easily and is a complete waste of money, much better off with Matchmaster or Pro longwear. I was told you would not need powder with it as it turns into a powder, however that is incorrect. Will certainly never be spending my money on this product again and will not be allowing myself to be pushed towards a different foundation then the one I go into the shop intending to buy. It makes dry skin look flaky and the coverage is appalling if you only put a little on, however goes cakey if you put more on. Would never advise anyone to use it - had nothing but disappointment! Very expensive to be disappointed in, only thing I like about it is the packaging as the separate compartment is convenient to put a sponge in.

on 5/16/2014 5:38:00 PM

This past winter was very cold and dry in the East - unusually so, and my sensitive older skin got even drier and more sensitive than it already was. I have sun damage and uneven pigmentation, large pores - in other words, my skin is far from perfect. I wanted a foundation that would provide medium coverage, and my aesthetician recommended some type of mineral foundation to replace my other foundation which is now irritating my skin.

I am using NC25. A little of this foundation goes a very long way! I have had the most success by applying it in a very sheer coat and letting it dry, then reapplying another sheer coat over it. It doesn't cover everything, but it mutes imperfections and evens tone very nicely. The finish is different - not matte, not dewy - more of a satin finish that makes my old tired skin look so much better yet natural. It does not settle into lines (at least not on my skin). It does appear a little darker when I apply it, but theh color lightens almost immediately when it dries.

I have read many of the other reviews, and I agree with the review that said a duo fiber brush was important for successful application of this foundation. But for me, the use of a silicon primer did not seem to make any difference. I did find it absolutely necessary to let my moisturizer absorb completely before I applied this foundation.

on 3/22/2014 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

THIS IS NOT DISCONTINUED IN AUSTRALIA.

THE FORMULA:
MAC Mineralize Foundation is a crme formula and is VERY HYDRATING which is great for DRY SKIN but will be problematic for oilier skin types.

THE COLOR RANGE:
MAC is famous for their generous color range! No problems here. I think this product runs a little darker because I was matched to NC30. I usually wear NC35-40.

THE APPLICATION:
I applied this with the latex sponge provided and I found that it was absorbing a lot of product. I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers.

I feel as though this foundation has a very low pigment content because it is EXTREMELY SHEER. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation.

STAYING POWER:
The staying power of this Foundation is VERY POOR. It also oxidizes and become up to a whole shade darker.

THE VERDICT:
Honestly, this is just a tinted moisturizer in crme formula, I will not be purchasing this again.

Check out my BLOG for more info and PICS: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/