La Mer The Regenerating Serum

La Mer The Regenerating Serum
The Regenerating SerumThe Regenerating Serum

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Polysilicone-11, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Algae Extract, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract, Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Laureth-4, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Micrococcus Lysate, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protein du Petit-Lait, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Tartaric Acid, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Laureth-23, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Coenzyme A, Acetyl Glucosamine, Caffeine, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Pentylene Glycol, Eryngium Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, PEG-8, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Cyclodextrin, Maltodextrin, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Glycosaminoglycans, Gold, Tourmaline, Linolenic Acid, Silica, Ethylbisimmomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Green 5 (CI61570)

on 1/22/2014 11:02:00 AM

This stuff doesn't work.It feels lovely and silky going on,but that's about it.It also contains lime peel(irritant) and eucalyptus oil one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is.It also has fragrant plant extracts and is highly fragranced..And what's with the strange green colour?Yes, there's some goodness in this but the bad outweighs the good,and the price is ludicrous.Thank goodness I only had a sample as I would never buy into this nonsense.I have yet to be impressed with any of the la Mer products I've tried.The creme de la mer moisturiser is just awful(see my review if you like) and this stuff is just as bad. There are far better serums at a FRACTION of the price. Save your money. This is so not worth it!

on 3/4/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried to write this review online for Lamer, and they will not accept it. I have been a long-time user of LaMer products, and I love their Lifting Face Serum. Apparently, they are discontinuing it in favor of the Radiant Serum and the Regenerating Serum. I have tried both, and both have left my face dry and unable to use my makeup well. I have tried and tried to speak to "America's Care Center" which is the "go-between" for LaMer. One woman was rude, and the other was unhelpful. This is an expensive product, and, for me personally, it does not work on my skin. However, more importantly, they will not allow a review of mine to go through on the LaMer site, as it is not a good review. They told me they scan for certain words, and it those words are in there, they will not publish it. When I asked what words, they would not tell me, so they will never publish my reviews. LaMer is a very expensive product, and they will only allow reviews that are positive, thus they are misleading the customer. I love numerous of their products, so I would have thought they would be interested in what a loyal customer said, but they were not. All this is true, again for me personally, of the Regenerating Serum. I will be posting this same thing on the site. It would seem they should know better than any of us that not every product works on every person, so they should not discontinue products that work. If they want to introduce new products, I think that is wonderful, but not at the expense of discontinuing products that work. Again, these are expensive products, so I felt an obligation to write this review. If these products work for others, I think that is great, but they do not work for everyone, and LaMer does not want others to know that.

on 2/20/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Broke me out too, it's a shame, especially at that price! Interesting that so many reviewers experienced the same issues with this product.

on 2/20/2011 2:32:00 PM

I also broke out pretty badly from this product, and not just small zits but more like cystic acne below the surface (the kind that you might have to get injected unless you're willing to wait months for them to go down). My skin was clear and flawless before using this and within 1-2 weeks I had 3 nice size acne cysts to contend with. I'm turning 39 in a week, and this was definitely NOT the 20 year flashback I was hoping to re-live lol. (I also don't normally break out from products and do not have a tendency for break-outs if that's what you are thinking).

On a separate note, the packaging is just AWFUL for the consistency of this product. It is a milky cream, not a liquidy gel like the Lifting Serum and really needs either a squeeze tube or pump. Unless you're buying this in the grande size pump (which was a limited run), don't bother as the dropper tip needs to be used like a dipping stick with your fingers touching the side of the dropper to get to the product. At this price, the packaging should be perfection and Estee Lauder Co needs to get away from the droppers for serums mentality.

That being said, I'm SO thankful I didn't over-indulge and get the Grande size for $470 as I am switching back to the Lifting Serum

on 2/14/2011 6:43:00 PM

Buy it again? 'Oh, HELL NO!!!!!'

I use the full range of la mer skin care. I'm pleased w every other La Mer products but the Regenerating serum. I had not had any major skin problem & I had loved my skinsince I started using La Mer until I tried this product. At first, I was very sceptical w the remark of instant result...coz I believe that there's no magic. Everything takes time until u see the real result. It gave an instant matt skin..even after u woke up,it didn't leave u dried or too oily in the morning like any other serums...however,those silicone is acting like the primer...it started to building up the layer one after another till u broke out...that's what it happened to me TWICE!!!I was convinced by a La Mer seller at Harrods to give it another try as it was rather common to get it in the beginning...but I shouldn't hv listened to her.it took me even longer than ever to recover my skin back to when I got great skin from other La Mer products...believe me,listen to what yr skin told u....I will definitely not repurchase this ever!

After gave it 3 time tries, I think that's fair and square to say that this serum is a tragic to my skin! I have contacted la mer EU and they asked me to fill in the form for the result of my allergy. I stocked my face serum which is now discontinued and heard that the new radiant serum is the same one but only in new bottle. I got the sample,but have not yet tried it in the long run so I can't tell if it's the same. But This regenerating serum is a definite NO to me.

on 5/6/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this serum because of the hype of this product. It really does nothing. It did not improve any wrinkle or skin texture. It made the skin shiny though. But after 2 weeks of using it, my skin started to break out very badly. It also made the skin red and looked awful. I'm very disappointed. This is the worst serum I ever tried. I will not buy this product anymore. For oily skin and acne prone, just be aware that this product may make acne city on your face :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product broke me out (probably because second ingredient after water is silicone). Also, I asked the SA if it contained any acids (I have super-sensitive, rosacea skin) and she looked at me as if I was insulting her and stated that NONE of La Mer's products have ANY acids and they are known for that.
I am glad I asked for a sample because not only did it break me out (after using it twice), it also irritated me and made my skin red. I read through the sample's ingredients and sure enough it contains an acid called tartaric acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid (mild, but nonetheless an acid). I wish SA's would not make such uninformed statements. All it does is make the entire skincare line look bad and the SA's seem untrustworthy.
I do like certain La Mer products like the Cream, cleansing foam and hydrating facial.
Always remember to ask for a sample and test something out for yourself.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed with this serum. I use almost the whole La Mer Product lines and I'm quite happy with my skin until I use this serum. I like to old La Mer serum a lot more compare to this new serum. This serum has done nothing to my skin beside created pimples.My skin has never has any pimple before but since I start using this serum I found that I have more problem with my skin than before. I will not repurchase this serum again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great for mature skin.Has improved my skin texture and tone. Evened out fine lines, decreased wrinkle depth. Happy with the results so far.

on 10/8/2012 1:51:00 AM

I had a generous sample of this and used a few times. This serum makes my face really smooth without being greasy and makes my cream spread better but couldn't really tell if it has any great results.