Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Envy

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/30/2012 7:56:00 PM

I was looking for a dupe for UD Mildew and this looked very similar in the package. However, I had the same problem with this as I did with all of the other greens I tried (including, eventually, Mildew) - it looks much lighter on skin than it does in the package. I want a dark, black-based army green shadow and I have just had no luck.
This is a medium green with a neutral tone. As with other WNW shadows, the pigmentation is good and the shadow texture is very smooth. Lasts for hours and hours without budging. If you're looking for a good standard green shadow for practically no money, look no further.

on 5/13/2012 4:05:00 AM

I don't really like this. Takes few layers for the color to show up so it's a minus for me. I normally don't have the time in the morning. The package of the one I got is not too bad though. I don't find it's too difficult to open. Won't repurchase.

on 2/4/2012 3:15:00 PM

This green doesn't exactly show up as very green once applied. That's okay actually, making it more natural. It leans toward the neutral on my gray eye. It's applies and blends like buttah, but the packaging isn't too good. For $1.99, I ain't complaining exactly. What I find is that, if I shut this little compact open, I'm going to have to go and get a kitchen knife to pry this thing open. Like trying to break into Fort Know.

I use this all over the lid, but Envy would also be a nice contour in the V-zone outside each eye. W/ Wet & Wild, why should anybody pay serious money for eyeshadow?

This little powerhouse is GORGEOUS! Greenish/gold eyeshadows are a weakness of mine. I have so many different variations. I remember when I was in Jr.High. Wet n' wild was pretty much any of us could afford. It was low quality back then. Now they can pretty much be compared with some of the higher end companies. Good product for less money. This looks great on. Glad I didn't pass this by.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is comparable to MAC's Humid for color, but I think pigmentation it is slightly weaker than Humid. BUT hey for this price!!!???? This does the job as well (just pack a bit more on). I would recommend this if you don't already have Humid.

I read that this was a dupe for Mac humid. I'm realizing theirs more and more dupes of their shadows in drugstore brands so I haven't bought any Mac shadows in a while. This green is so pigmented and Smokey looking. It would go perfect with a gold eyeshadow or turned into a green Smokey eye. This and nutty were my first w&w single eyeshadows. I like what I see. Super impressed.

on 12/31/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this as an extra in a swap, and it's one of my favorite drugstore products. Wet n' Wild has come a long way from what their products were 10 years ago, apparently. This is buttery smooth and reminds me of a possibly lighter version of MAC's Humid. It's kind of a forest green color, and is quite pigmented. Pretty good for a super cheap drugstore makeup item.

I think this eyeshadow is a good deal for a buck. Try it, It's pigmented and you get alotta product

on 9/13/2010 2:28:00 PM

love love love this! the color, the amount of shimmer, the way it applies, the price--can't be beat! brings out the green in my eyes and manages to read pretty neutral once applied, in my opinion--no one will be thinking "whoa green!"

i read reviews where people said it was super hard to open the package, but luckily, i don't have that problem! i have 5 of these shadows, and only one is tough to open, so maybe it's something the manufacturer has changed, or some are just worse than others. not sure. regardless of that, it might be a fun little DIY to pull all the pans out and make a palette...if i get ambitious, i might try it.

i love everything about this shadow except the packaging. i bought the shadow today and wanted to swatch it but i couldn't get the package open. at last when i got it open my finger slipped and dug a big hole in the shadow.