Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Envy

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/5/2012 1:18:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Another hit from the W&W singles! This is more of an olive green on my skin than it appears in the palette, which I like. It also has a faint blue sheen at just the right angle, and a subtly pearly finish without being a frost -- in short, I was curious when I bought the shadow and delighted when I opened it and swatched it. Velvety, buttery, easy to blend. I really wish W&W made these singles in more colors!

on 5/13/2012 4:05:00 AM

I don't really like this. Takes few layers for the color to show up so it's a minus for me. I normally don't have the time in the morning. The package of the one I got is not too bad though. I don't find it's too difficult to open. Won't repurchase.

on 10/18/2011 3:51:00 PM

Gorgeous green!! Very similar to the green in the 'cool as a cucumber' trio, but this is much more pigmented and more buttery. However, it is not similar to the green in 'pride' IMO as a previous poster mentioned. If you look very closely, that is almost a blue-green and this is more of a yellow based green. Very striking with red hair and freckles!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This shadow was my first Wet and Wild purchase. I know W&W from back in the day.....waaaaaay back in the day. Aside from having black lipstick they pretty much were a forgettable item.

I keep hearing raves about their shadows now so I saw this beauty for about 1.99 and figured I would give it a whirl. First off, for all those reviewers complaining about this going on sheer...get yourself a primer..seriously.

I applied this over UDPP and this was every bit as nice as MAC Humid...maybe even slightly better. This is rich, bright green, slightly brighter then Humid. On bare skin it was loose and sheer but over primer this shadow comes to life. It is silky, with a buttery finish and highly blendable.

Now I am not saying W&W are going to be good enough to replace MAC, but for $1-$2 a pop I would feel very comfortable picking up any shades that caught my eye.

* Note I lied, I forgot I did pick up a palette a while back. Pretty much had the same opinions on it, only I really did';t like the colors as much as I thought I would, but the matte shades in particular has amazing color payoff and were not really fallouty and sheer like some MAC colors.

on 9/13/2010 2:28:00 PM

love love love this! the color, the amount of shimmer, the way it applies, the price--can't be beat! brings out the green in my eyes and manages to read pretty neutral once applied, in my opinion--no one will be thinking "whoa green!"

i read reviews where people said it was super hard to open the package, but luckily, i don't have that problem! i have 5 of these shadows, and only one is tough to open, so maybe it's something the manufacturer has changed, or some are just worse than others. not sure. regardless of that, it might be a fun little DIY to pull all the pans out and make a palette...if i get ambitious, i might try it.

on 8/1/2010 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want to play with color, start with WnW eyeshadows. It is as plain as that! I bought three MAC colors before I found WnW. I wish it wasn't too late to return the MAC ones, because all my "playing with color needs" can be met with these WnW pallettes and trios (I am on my way to collectiong all the trios, pallettes, & singles). They are so cheap, apply so well, it is guilt free fun.

Envy is no exception. Gorgeous green for brown eyes!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this! The price is right, the pigmentation is awesome, it's smooth as butter and blends very well. I am all about dupes for high end products and to me this looks very similar to MAC Humid eye shadow. I haven't confirmed this with side by side swatches though but this one is so awesome that I don't feel a need to rush out and get the MAC one. As a matter of fact, the new line of colors and palettes that Wet 'n' Wild has come out with are pretty amazing and I have been saving so much money buying these as cheaper yet comparable alternatives of the higher end shadows out there. I highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was lusting MAC's Humid for awhile. But, when I tested Humid, it was nice but too "in your face" green for me. Envy is the softer sister version of Humid IMO. Envy is really shimmery, more so than Humid but goes on smoother and has a softer pigmentation. Envy can be used as an accent color or a crease color applied w/ a bit more pressure and smudged out for a more dramatic look accompanied with other colors. Or, Envy can be applied light handed on the lid and used almost as a neutral and paired with a light taupe or champagne for an everyday look. I'm happy w/ this e/s and I higly recommend it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This has the same consistancy as the ColorIcon palettes! Im blown back by the pigment and beautiful colors of these shadows.
This is a beautiful emerald green shimmer & so soft to the touch. These are just wonderful!