CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.3

on 4/17/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a "real" red lipstick and this shade seemed to fit the purpose. I already bought another lipstick from the Coco line and I know they are very moisturising.

I apply it in the morning with a lip liner (a must, considering the colour) and it lasts without drying my lips until lunch time. I reapply after lunch, together with liner and I am set until the evening.

I really like the staying power and non-drying effect. However, the shade is not exactly what I was looking for, as it turns a bit too orangey on my lips. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but perhaps another one from the same line.

on 1/16/2013 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love love love this red! I have Asian nc40 skin and Gabrielle works really well to compliment the yellow undertones in my skin and not to mention make my teeth appear whiter. I like the way this lipstick is deeply pigmented, moisturizing and comfortable to wear and it doesn't need too much product to get the coverage. I use it with a chanel lip liner in rouge profound no. 57 and it works well to maintain the staying power of the lipstick and as with most deep colours I would always wear a lip liner to prevent bleeding on the lip line. Having said that I am a lover of nude colors but this red got me excited enough to buy it...The beautiful chanel packaging doesn't go amiss either!

on 12/31/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think the name "Gabrielle" was very well chosen for this shade as it reminds you very much of that red Coco Chanel wore all the time. Itīs a true red, a "Ferrari" red, a "Marlboro" red, a "Coke" red. Gorgeous when wearing black and sleek clothes and a pearl necklace. The spirit of Gabrielle Chanel in a lipstick.

on 12/15/2010 3:12:00 PM

As much as Gabrielle is such a perfect color on me, i really have to damn the Rouge Coco formula. Firstly, it leaves a vampirish ring around my lips after eating. Secondly the lasting power is seriously average. Thirdly, it dries out my lips and makes my lip lines look even more defined. I am definitely not touching any other Rouge Cocos from now.

Now, read this review which i have to fully agree with:

Honestly, if you're looking to buy a luxury lipstick, put your money in YSL's Rouge Pur Couture. That's what i call MOISTURISING and STAYING POWER.

On to search for a Gabrielle dupe!!!

on 8/27/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Found my perfect red lipstick in Rouge Coco Gabrielle. I love Chanel lipsticks, especially the texture of the Rouge Coco line. I think lipsticks are coming back and I've been wearing bold lipsticks lately and this for me is the perfect shade of red that will work for everyone. I am a NC35-40 in MAC, asian with a bit of tan. I love that I don't need to use a lipliner with this and it stays on for hours. I'm in love with this lipstick and get compliments when wearing it.

on 5/21/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chanel released this lipstick line earlier this year on February 25th to replace the Hydrabase lipsticks. I only have one of them right know, but plan to buy a lot more based on the quality I've experienced with the one I already have. #19 Gabrielle is what I call a true red, though it leans a bit towards blue-based reds, so cool toned ladies might want to check it out. However it isn't overwhelming on my warm skin, and I find it suitable to wear at day time. Though it looks like a creamy, glossy lipstick on pics taken by other reviewers, this lipstick actually has golden sparkles in it (bet you didn't know that). And this isn't the kind of shimmer you'd find in a kid's makeup kit. It the kind of subtle shimmer that Chanel incorporates so perfectly into their most wanted beauty products; it's the kind that is sophisticated, barely there, but that adds an alluring twist to this already wonderful product. I would recommend trying it out first, though, because strong colors like this can really overwhelm a person's skin tone if they aren't careful.