CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gabrielle quickly became my go-to red lipstick of the moment. Let me tell you - these Rouge Coco lipsticks are one of the best launches this spring in terms of makeup.

I love the consistency and moisturizing feel of this lipstick. Yes, it is a bold color - but you can adapt saturation to your own desire. This lipstick can be built up to an intense maximum or just be worn as a stain - if that is what you like.

This lipstick needs re-application throughout a day, so make sure to keep it in your handbag. Gabrielle itself - is a beautiful blue toned red that not only makes your teeth appear whiter, but also gives a nice polished look to your makeup and brightens your face.

I love this product and highly recommend it. If you want to see swatches of other lipsticks in the range and a full-on review head to this blog post below. Hope it helps.

on 3/4/2015 2:20:00 AM

My HG red lipstick. What more is there to say? It's the perfect classic red, goes on well and stays on. Love it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

By far one of the most moisturizing lipsticks out there, great pigmentation, the shine of the finish is brilliant. Packaging is immaculate. Pricey but it's worth every cent.

on 9/19/2013 4:35:00 PM

Such a pretty lipstick! I love the look of red lips but often find the formulas too drying. Russian Red, for instance, is lovely and I can wear it but only if I use a lip balm underneath, and even then, after a few hours I know my lips will be drier. Not so, with this! I usually put a dab of balm underneath anyway (it's a habit now) but this is one of the only red lippies I've ever used that I could re-apply without any balm and still have soft lips at the end of the evening.

The color pulls cherry red on me, a little bit pink but not garishly so. I also don't find it warm or cool, it's neutral to my eye. It's also bright but there's nothing harsh about it, it somehow manages to be soft as well. It has a little bit of pearliness or iridescence to it, as well, which only makes it more flattering.

It's funny, my mom actually purchased this originally and then decided it didn't agree with her skin tone, so she gave it to me. She's more NC25-30 (if I had to guess) and prefers lipsticks with more depth, especially brick reds and deeper berry shades and shades with more brown in them, i.e. shades that look hideous on me lol. But this works really nicely for my NC15 skin, not harsh or garish at all, which I sometimes have a problem with when wearing red lipstick.

I started off with a red lipgloss from Chanel, earned my red lipstick wearing stripes and have now graduated onto this gorgeous lipstick. It's a sophisticated red which looks amazing with a winged eye and plenty of black eyeliner on the waterline.

I have had no problems with bleeding so haven't had to use a lipliner with it. I do know that it has good staying power and makes me feel like a minx though! Haven't got the confidence to wear it during the day.....yet. Love it.

on 1/10/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Truly a HG buy for me! It's a stunning red which looks perfect on my Chanel B60 skin. It's moisturising, richly pigmented and never fails to draw compilments. Definetly my go-to red for day or night. Can be worn alone or for days where perfection is warranted I'll apply it with a lip brush over lip-liner. Highly recommended.

on 12/24/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Looks good, perfect red for most skin tones. But it is a red so hard to keep it looking good for long time, many bathroom trips for touch ups.

In general I love all the Rouge Coco lipsticks eventhough I am more of a lipgloss user. The texture, the smell and the packaging of these lipsticks make them feel very luxurious, and they are very silky and non-drying, which is a problem I usually have with other lipsticks. The staying power is average but I don't mind reapplying, since all longwear lipsticks just dry out my lips.

This shade is a very rich red/pink with a blue undertone, so it really stands out and makes my teeth look very white. I only wear this lipstick when I go out at night, but lately red lipsticks seem to have become more accepted in daily wear too...I still find this too flashy for work though. Definitely makes me feel chic and confident, so a nice perk for those nights out!

on 10/7/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

LOVE! This lipstick is now my new favourite red lippy (after my Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon). Chanel reds surpass any other red lipstick out there IMO, and the fact that it's Chanel makes a woman feel elegant wearing a drop dead gorgeous red like this. The consistency is creamy and very smooth on application and has great colour payoff too. I would never want this to run out, but if and once it does I'll definitely repurchase.

on 3/4/2010 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have always been nervous about using red lipstick because I feel that only people with certain skin tones could pull it off. Well, Gabrielle proved me wrong. I went to the Chanel sales counter yesterday, and told the SA that I was looking for a red lipstick. After showing me a few color swatches on her hand, Gabrielle seemed to be the type of red I wanted. I tried it on and fell in love. My boyfriend was actually with me and had seen me try on a couple of red shades in Sephora, and even said that he liked this the best on me.

I love the consistency and the feel of the lipstick. Sure, it's expensive, but the quality of it is so much better than other lipsticks I've tried. My lips don't dry out from it and still feel moisturized after it comes off. I tried leaving a big red lips mark on my boyfriend's cheek as a joke, but only a faint lip stain was left on his cheek. I couldn't believe that the color was still on my lips! It's definitely long lasting, and doesn't look all weird when it does come off. I would definitely buy it again!