CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

3.5

on 4/17/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a "real" red lipstick and this shade seemed to fit the purpose. I already bought another lipstick from the Coco line and I know they are very moisturising.

I apply it in the morning with a lip liner (a must, considering the colour) and it lasts without drying my lips until lunch time. I reapply after lunch, together with liner and I am set until the evening.

I really like the staying power and non-drying effect. However, the shade is not exactly what I was looking for, as it turns a bit too orangey on my lips. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but perhaps another one from the same line.

on 8/15/2010 1:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

YES. I FINALLY BOUGHT THE ROUGE COCO LIPSTICK CALLED GABRIELLE. THE REAL NAME OF COCO CHANEL.
AFTER A LONG THINKING, IF I SHOULD TAKE THE RED ONE OR A MORE NUDE LIPSTICK I PICKED UP THIS ONE. TO ME IT SEEMED A LOT MORE RED. WHEN IT GETS ON THE LIPS IT HAS SPARKLES IN, IT GOES OVER TO A WEIRD COMBINATION OF ORANGE, YELLOW AND PINK. WEIRD, HUH?
BUT IT'S CHANEL. AND A CHANEL-BUY IS NEVER A WASTED ONE.
I ALWAYS FOUND CHANEL LIPSTICKS AMAZING AND USEFUL, BUT THE PRICE IS JUST WAAY TO MUCH. SERIOUSLY. DDK235 (28)($42)(32EUROS). FOR A LIPSTICK THAT ISN'T "THE RIGHT" DEEP-RED COLOR.
THAT'S WHY I REALLY HATE SHOPPING LIP-PRODUCTS, AND AT THE COUNTER YOU THINK IT'S THAT COLOR IT SAYS THERE, COME HOME, AND IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHADE.
THE ROUGE COCO COLLECTION DIDN'T CONTAIN ANY REDISH SHADES. AND NO. 19, WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SPOKE TO ME. SEE, I DON'T WEAR NUDE COLORS, I NEED RED - DARKER IS BETTER. BUT SERIOUSLY I'M A HUGE LOVER OF RED LIPSTICKS, SO NOW I JUST HAVE A SHADE THAT GOES TO THE ORANGE SIDE - SCOR!
THE COLLECTION: IT'S A COLLECTION CREATED BY PETER PHILLIPS, WHO GAVE NAMES TO THESE LIPSTICKS AFTER OUR BELOVED COCO CHANEL'S LIFE AND EVERYTHING IN IT AND AROUND IT.
ALSO, THE LIPSTICKS HAVE A SMELL. A REALLY POWERFULL SMELL OF ROSES. SO IF YOU'RE NOT TO SUCH SMELLS, THEN YOU'LL BE A BIT ANNOYED BY THIS LIPPIE.
ALL IN ALL: A GREAT COLLECTION. NO MISSES.