Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.4

I blind bought this, it was a little intimidating in the tube but this & coromandel are my HG reds. Chanel does red best the best liquid matte red lipstick is kylie cosmetics Mary Jo that's a good red. I used to not be into reds; nudes are still my jam but right now in my bag I've got Nude/Naturel/Scarlett lipliners, 2 rouge Coco lipshines (coral & rose); & a nice nude glossimer so I'm set! This is awesome I say go for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gabrielle quickly became my go-to red lipstick of the moment. Let me tell you - these Rouge Coco lipsticks are one of the best launches this spring in terms of makeup.

I love the consistency and moisturizing feel of this lipstick. Yes, it is a bold color - but you can adapt saturation to your own desire. This lipstick can be built up to an intense maximum or just be worn as a stain - if that is what you like.

This lipstick needs re-application throughout a day, so make sure to keep it in your handbag. Gabrielle itself - is a beautiful blue toned red that not only makes your teeth appear whiter, but also gives a nice polished look to your makeup and brightens your face.

I love this product and highly recommend it. If you want to see swatches of other lipsticks in the range and a full-on review head to this blog post below. Hope it helps.

on 3/26/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I'm always wowed by this colour. Not that I use it much, because it's really bold, but I certainly find it sexy and elegant at the same time.
Plus, I believe that Rouge Coco lipsticks are the best in terms of colourconsistency, staying power and no-bleed (when you look for a bold colour like this, make very sure it doesn't bleed!).

on 3/25/2013 10:53:00 PM

Older DD purchased this for me for Christmas, and I love the color. I have tried most of the recommended reds for my fair complexion and ash blonde hair. They either turn orange and/or wear off almost immediately. I touch this one up only a few times a day or evening and it's gorgeous! It feels luxuriously creamy but dries to a velvet finish and does not smear like so many other reds. Love the unique case too; I just push in the gold tip to release or pop the lipstick back in to the case. Great for such an expensive lipstick. Just love this lipstick, and will purchase myself when it runs out.

on 1/16/2013 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love love love this red! I have Asian nc40 skin and Gabrielle works really well to compliment the yellow undertones in my skin and not to mention make my teeth appear whiter. I like the way this lipstick is deeply pigmented, moisturizing and comfortable to wear and it doesn't need too much product to get the coverage. I use it with a chanel lip liner in rouge profound no. 57 and it works well to maintain the staying power of the lipstick and as with most deep colours I would always wear a lip liner to prevent bleeding on the lip line. Having said that I am a lover of nude colors but this red got me excited enough to buy it...The beautiful chanel packaging doesn't go amiss either!

In general I love all the Rouge Coco lipsticks eventhough I am more of a lipgloss user. The texture, the smell and the packaging of these lipsticks make them feel very luxurious, and they are very silky and non-drying, which is a problem I usually have with other lipsticks. The staying power is average but I don't mind reapplying, since all longwear lipsticks just dry out my lips.

This shade is a very rich red/pink with a blue undertone, so it really stands out and makes my teeth look very white. I only wear this lipstick when I go out at night, but lately red lipsticks seem to have become more accepted in daily wear too...I still find this too flashy for work though. Definitely makes me feel chic and confident, so a nice perk for those nights out!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am NW10-15 for reference.
This is a beautiful red on me. I have highly pigmented pink lips and it manages to cancel out the pink and pull a true red that is very flattering my skin tone. It also doesn't scream LOOK AT MY LIPS, it's more, "hey there mister, *wink wink*" which is much more preferable. The formula feel very moisturizing, but as it wore, there definitely was a ring around my lips like a lip liner. For the asking price of this product, I would expect those kinds of flaws, the kind I forgive drug store lip sticks for, to be absent. Hence why the color match brings it from a 3 to a 4, but the formula is lacking.

on 12/9/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a basic medium red lipstick, nothing special. Hydrating formula and just the right balance between matte and glossy. Packaging feels sleek and substantial. I was hoping it would be more orange-red like one of the member photos, but on me it's just a basic red. I already own a similar lipstick (NARS Jungle Red) and prefer it over the Chanel due to 1) the price; 2) the lack of a flowery scent (ugh); and 3) the finish (semi-matte and less prone to running than the Chanel's hydrating formula).

on 5/21/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Chanel released this lipstick line earlier this year on February 25th to replace the Hydrabase lipsticks. I only have one of them right know, but plan to buy a lot more based on the quality I've experienced with the one I already have. #19 Gabrielle is what I call a true red, though it leans a bit towards blue-based reds, so cool toned ladies might want to check it out. However it isn't overwhelming on my warm skin, and I find it suitable to wear at day time. Though it looks like a creamy, glossy lipstick on pics taken by other reviewers, this lipstick actually has golden sparkles in it (bet you didn't know that). And this isn't the kind of shimmer you'd find in a kid's makeup kit. It the kind of subtle shimmer that Chanel incorporates so perfectly into their most wanted beauty products; it's the kind that is sophisticated, barely there, but that adds an alluring twist to this already wonderful product. I would recommend trying it out first, though, because strong colors like this can really overwhelm a person's skin tone if they aren't careful.

on 4/24/2010 2:34:00 PM

One of the least impressive colours in the Rouge Coco line. A warm red, a tad too orange to be a 'true red' on me. The opacity of the shade isn't great for my pigmented lips with a slightly darker lipline. NARS reds, although more drying, and the old Hydrabase ones were more pigmented and solid. Even old Dior shades, Lancome, Clinique etc have reds that are more opaque -- and that's really what I look for in a red. Gabrielle is a bit smeary -- but it won't feel dry -- very moisturising. Pretty colour, nothing special though, lots of reds that just as good or better. It's no NARS Red Lizard, that's for sure! For reference I'm a BB Warm Natural, MAC f&b C4. Undertones neutral.