Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19
Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I blind bought this, it was a little intimidating in the tube but this & coromandel are my HG reds. Chanel does red best the best liquid matte red lipstick is kylie cosmetics Mary Jo that's a good red. I used to not be into reds; nudes are still my jam but right now in my bag I've got Nude/Naturel/Scarlett lipliners, 2 rouge Coco lipshines (coral & rose); & a nice nude glossimer so I'm set! This is awesome I say go for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a red lipstick lover. The right red is a classic lip look that never goes out of style. As an older person, I am finding issues with many of the lipsticks by the various lines. The colors neither become me or intrigue me. The formulas are too shiny, too sheer, too matte. So not having been at the Chanel counter for some time, I paid a visit and was helped by a wonderful and beautiful young Chanel rep who did not disrespect me because of my age or make me feel as if was past "it". She recommended several colors for me and this was a red that worked. I fell in love with it immediately. It was not too warm or cool. It would be just right for day or night. I am glad that I bought it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite red lipstick. It's bold, it's stunning and very hydrating. The perfect choice for red lipstick

Gabrielle quickly became my go-to red lipstick of the moment. Let me tell you - these Rouge Coco lipsticks are one of the best launches this spring in terms of makeup.

I love the consistency and moisturizing feel of this lipstick. Yes, it is a bold color - but you can adapt saturation to your own desire. This lipstick can be built up to an intense maximum or just be worn as a stain - if that is what you like.

This lipstick needs re-application throughout a day, so make sure to keep it in your handbag. Gabrielle itself - is a beautiful blue toned red that not only makes your teeth appear whiter, but also gives a nice polished look to your makeup and brightens your face.

I love this product and highly recommend it. If you want to see swatches of other lipsticks in the range and a full-on review head to this blog post below. Hope it helps.

on 3/4/2015 2:20:00 AM

My HG red lipstick. What more is there to say? It's the perfect classic red, goes on well and stays on. Love it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

By far one of the most moisturizing lipsticks out there, great pigmentation, the shine of the finish is brilliant. Packaging is immaculate. Pricey but it's worth every cent.

on 4/17/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was looking for a "real" red lipstick and this shade seemed to fit the purpose. I already bought another lipstick from the Coco line and I know they are very moisturising.

I apply it in the morning with a lip liner (a must, considering the colour) and it lasts without drying my lips until lunch time. I reapply after lunch, together with liner and I am set until the evening.

I really like the staying power and non-drying effect. However, the shade is not exactly what I was looking for, as it turns a bit too orangey on my lips. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but perhaps another one from the same line.

on 9/19/2013 4:35:00 PM

Such a pretty lipstick! I love the look of red lips but often find the formulas too drying. Russian Red, for instance, is lovely and I can wear it but only if I use a lip balm underneath, and even then, after a few hours I know my lips will be drier. Not so, with this! I usually put a dab of balm underneath anyway (it's a habit now) but this is one of the only red lippies I've ever used that I could re-apply without any balm and still have soft lips at the end of the evening.

The color pulls cherry red on me, a little bit pink but not garishly so. I also don't find it warm or cool, it's neutral to my eye. It's also bright but there's nothing harsh about it, it somehow manages to be soft as well. It has a little bit of pearliness or iridescence to it, as well, which only makes it more flattering.

It's funny, my mom actually purchased this originally and then decided it didn't agree with her skin tone, so she gave it to me. She's more NC25-30 (if I had to guess) and prefers lipsticks with more depth, especially brick reds and deeper berry shades and shades with more brown in them, i.e. shades that look hideous on me lol. But this works really nicely for my NC15 skin, not harsh or garish at all, which I sometimes have a problem with when wearing red lipstick.

I saw this on a YouTube tutorial and I fell in love at first sight! The rich and vibrant red caught my eye as well as the name.. "Gabrielle 19" So classic since "Coco Chanel" 's real name is Gabrielle. Immediately, I went to Nordstrom to try on this color. considering it's nearly $40 for ONE lipstick, I did not plan on purchasing. I sampled the lipstick and WOW! I couldn't stop staring in the mirror. It went on very smooth, and the color was so rich. It is a beautiful bright red! If you look closely it has a slight iridescent sparkle in it too! Pretty matte finish, which I love...not a fan of glossy looking lips. This is true French quality product. I love love love it! I would TOTALLY recommend it to a friend. Although, I want to be the only girl in the world who wears it! I left the store feeling like a million bucks!

on 3/26/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I'm always wowed by this colour. Not that I use it much, because it's really bold, but I certainly find it sexy and elegant at the same time.
Plus, I believe that Rouge Coco lipsticks are the best in terms of colourconsistency, staying power and no-bleed (when you look for a bold colour like this, make very sure it doesn't bleed!).

Popular Lipsticks