Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a red lipstick lover. The right red is a classic lip look that never goes out of style. As an older person, I am finding issues with many of the lipsticks by the various lines. The colors neither become me or intrigue me. The formulas are too shiny, too sheer, too matte. So not having been at the Chanel counter for some time, I paid a visit and was helped by a wonderful and beautiful young Chanel rep who did not disrespect me because of my age or make me feel as if was past "it". She recommended several colors for me and this was a red that worked. I fell in love with it immediately. It was not too warm or cool. It would be just right for day or night. I am glad that I bought it.

on 3/25/2013 10:53:00 PM

Older DD purchased this for me for Christmas, and I love the color. I have tried most of the recommended reds for my fair complexion and ash blonde hair. They either turn orange and/or wear off almost immediately. I touch this one up only a few times a day or evening and it's gorgeous! It feels luxuriously creamy but dries to a velvet finish and does not smear like so many other reds. Love the unique case too; I just push in the gold tip to release or pop the lipstick back in to the case. Great for such an expensive lipstick. Just love this lipstick, and will purchase myself when it runs out.