Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG mascara (CG Lash Blast Length) was discontinued but this makes a great replacement!
The tube is slender and space-saving in your bathroom. It applies easily and clump-free with a brush that manages not so smear mascara on my lids, even when doing the inner and outer corner lashes which is something I often have problems with. It provides length and definition in a natural, non-spider lash way. This is not for those seeking a dramatic or "falsies" look but fantastic if you are looking for something to subtly enhance already decent lashes.
It lasts from morning until night on me, through a 12 hour shift without flaking, smearing or eye irritation. I use a cleansing oil and it removes easily without making my lashes fall out. The price is right and it offers a brown-black option. I wish there was a brown color for those of us with very light colored lashes, but overall, I am just thrilled I found a replacement for my HG at such a great price and wide availability!

on 3/6/2016 2:32:00 AM

I bought this in black #2 because I was (and still am) searching from my HG mascara. I don't wear mascara on an everyday basis but when I do it is noticeable particularly because I have short, sparse lashes. This did not do a thing for my lashes. I layered two to three coats of mascara, curled it with a wand, and still saw no difference. What the heck! Nothing. Nada. Zilch! The formula was also on the drier side which I do not particularly care for. Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing it again.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/2/2015 9:22:00 PM

wow, how come I've never tried this until now? The name is an apt description of what this mascara does -- gives your lashes healthy looking lengths. For reference, my lashes are straight and puny. My favorite mascaras to date are Lancome Definicil, Guerlain Maxilash, and L'Oreal Voluminous. Don't care for Benefit It's Real, and the popular Cover Girl ones don't leave an impression on me. This one isn't volumizing, but it separates nicely and gives decent length, and brush feels like it belongs in an expensive mascara. Two coats are usually enough for me, though sometimes I layer it with L'Oreal for more volume. If you have thick lashes, I think this mascara alone would be great. Kind of on the expensive side for a drugstore product (I think $10 or $11?), though I'd definitely repurchase even at full price.

This is a terrific mascara. The packaging is reminiscent of Clinique (bare but attractive) and the formula is wet, but not gloppy and the wand applies even coats to my lashes. They look richer and fuller after two coats and this does not flake at all which is a relief for me. The color is a solid black and I have to say that this looks every bit as good as a mascara from a higher-end label for a very reasonable price that I'd be happy to pay again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara for the first time today. I used it and I am already in love with it. For daily use I like a more natural looking but well-defining mascara. My favorite mascara of all time was L'Oreal's Lash Out. I used it for 20+ years. I was heartbroken when it was discontinued. I have searched and searched for something to replace it and nothing that I've found worked the same, until I found this. It's a very dry formula, which I prefer to an overly wet formula. It coats well. I feel like it adds a little bit of length. It separates my lashes well, doesn't clump at all or give me spider eyes. I doesn't smudge or flake and lasts all day for me. When it was time to wash it off, it came right off with minimal effort. I used Noxzema to wash my face and it removed it immediately and with no residue at all. If you're looking for a very dramatic effect, this is not the mascara you want. If you're looking for a really good daytime mascara, definitely give it a try. I could not be happier with this mascara. It is exactly what I wanted and it even claims that it's good for your lashes. I have no idea if it is or not, but it's just what I have been looking for. If you are looking for a good replacement for Lash Out mascara, this is perfect!

on 1/13/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love. Everything I wanted. Simple (not spidery), definition, stays on but easy to take off, gentle.
Super excited.

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 AM

I picked up this mascara at a drugstore sale (40 percent off) in part because I wanted a black-brown lengthening formula. Plus the packaging says it'll nourish lashes, so I figure if I like it and the claim works even a bit, then it's all gravy. I have to say, I like this mascara a lot more than I ever expected. The formula applies well, doesn't clump on me, and lasts without crumbling. On top of that, while one coat is decent, when I add a couple more to my light brown lashes (which are average -- not super short but not naturally super long either) I get some real length. I swear my lashes look twice as long when I wear this, and it adds a decent amount of volume, though the real magic is in the lengthening claims. I'd definitely buy it again. Plus there's no strong scent or anything so I enjoy that aspect, too.

on 8/27/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This may be HG mascara for me. It's a true deep black color, doesn't clump, gives good length and volume, keeps a curl, and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. It's not a really dramatic mascara, but it is perfect for everyday. It's the first mascara I've repurchased!

on 6/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gave me feathery, natural looking lashes. This mascara is light weight, and only needs 2 coats. It doesn't smear or flake, and no spider eyes.
I used to use Clinique long and pretty mascara and was sad when it was discontinued. This is a great replacement.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really love this mascara! I bought it in Brownish Black because I tend to go for a natural look, and because black can sometimes look way too harsh with my coloring.

First off, I really like the minimalist packaging; it's a slender black round tube that doesn't take up a lot of space in my make up bag. When I applied it, it instantly darkened and lengthened my lashes (perfect). I used two coats to get natural, yet visible, definition. I was amazed at it's staying power throughout the day. I have really oily eyes with very long eyelashes and it didn't transfer at all, and it didn't flake whatsoever! Also, when I applied it the formula wasn't runny or goopy like I'm used to with other mascaras. The brush is nice and bristly and really runs through lashes well without clumping badly. It also held my curl quite well. Although, the formula did have a noticeable scent... Anyways, when it came time to take it off at the end of the day it removed easily with a makeup removing wipe. I've read that other people have had problems removing it but I'm guessing they maybe had an old batch or the formula has since been tweaked because I experienced no such problems. It's also important to consider that I have relatively sensitive eyes and certain mascaras irritate my eyes to the point that I end up crying and this one definitely didn't do that.

Since it was just purchased I'm not sure how long it will take to dry up so that's definitely something I'll have to pay attention to.

I took off one lippie for price, because it is expensive for a drugstore mascara. I really wanted to find a great brown(ish) mascara on a drugstore budget that was cruelty free but alas, I wasn't able to. I feel bad for supporting Neutrogena, a company that does perform animal testing. but this mascara is very nice and I will continue to use it. Overall, this will be my new go to mascara, hence the five lippies in the overall rating!