Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a good, non-irritating mascara for daytime casual looks. I would never consider it for night or dressing up, but for t-shirt and jeans it's perfect for me. It goes on with no clumps, at least that's been my experience with it. It does have a long wand so be careful jabbing it near the corners of your eyes. The formula lengthens and curls, and it takes several coats but it provides that natural look, like you were genetically blessed with long lashes. This isn't going to get you the Betty and Veronica look, no way no how. It's way too subtle for dramatic make up looks. But for a fast and simple match up to tinted gloss, it's perfect.

on 10/19/2016 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Update to original review, 3/7/17: OK, I give up. No matter what I do, how many drops of eyedrops I put into the tube, the formula is clumpy and it takes a lot of effort to apply to get just a moderate lash effect. Also, the wand is so long that I find it awkward and the product on it gets in my hair (and I have short hair!). Into the garbage with this. I'm going back to Full and Soft.

This is a very nice drugstore mascara for an everyday look. I get nice length and enough volume (for me) with this product, and it comes in Black/Brown, which is a better option for me than black. It doesn't clump or flake or smear all day, and it removes easily. The formula is a bit dry, which may not be everyone's preference. My only complaint is that the tube and the brush are long, which makes it a bit difficult to store and, because my eyes are fairly small, sometimes the wand touches my skin if I'm not careful when applying. Overall, though, this is a winner and I will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My HG mascara (CG Lash Blast Length) was discontinued but this makes a great replacement!
The tube is slender and space-saving in your bathroom. It applies easily and clump-free with a brush that manages not so smear mascara on my lids, even when doing the inner and outer corner lashes which is something I often have problems with. It provides length and definition in a natural, non-spider lash way. This is not for those seeking a dramatic or "falsies" look but fantastic if you are looking for something to subtly enhance already decent lashes.
It lasts from morning until night on me, through a 12 hour shift without flaking, smearing or eye irritation. I use a cleansing oil and it removes easily without making my lashes fall out. The price is right and it offers a brown-black option. I wish there was a brown color for those of us with very light colored lashes, but overall, I am just thrilled I found a replacement for my HG at such a great price and wide availability!

on 3/6/2016 2:32:00 AM

I bought this in black #2 because I was (and still am) searching from my HG mascara. I don't wear mascara on an everyday basis but when I do it is noticeable particularly because I have short, sparse lashes. This did not do a thing for my lashes. I layered two to three coats of mascara, curled it with a wand, and still saw no difference. What the heck! Nothing. Nada. Zilch! The formula was also on the drier side which I do not particularly care for. Unfortunately, I will not be purchasing it again.

on 9/2/2015 9:22:00 PM

wow, how come I've never tried this until now? The name is an apt description of what this mascara does -- gives your lashes healthy looking lengths. For reference, my lashes are straight and puny. My favorite mascaras to date are Lancome Definicil, Guerlain Maxilash, and L'Oreal Voluminous. Don't care for Benefit It's Real, and the popular Cover Girl ones don't leave an impression on me. This one isn't volumizing, but it separates nicely and gives decent length, and brush feels like it belongs in an expensive mascara. Two coats are usually enough for me, though sometimes I layer it with L'Oreal for more volume. If you have thick lashes, I think this mascara alone would be great. Kind of on the expensive side for a drugstore product (I think $10 or $11?), though I'd definitely repurchase even at full price.

This is a terrific mascara. The packaging is reminiscent of Clinique (bare but attractive) and the formula is wet, but not gloppy and the wand applies even coats to my lashes. They look richer and fuller after two coats and this does not flake at all which is a relief for me. The color is a solid black and I have to say that this looks every bit as good as a mascara from a higher-end label for a very reasonable price that I'd be happy to pay again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara for the first time today. I used it and I am already in love with it. For daily use I like a more natural looking but well-defining mascara. My favorite mascara of all time was L'Oreal's Lash Out. I used it for 20+ years. I was heartbroken when it was discontinued. I have searched and searched for something to replace it and nothing that I've found worked the same, until I found this. It's a very dry formula, which I prefer to an overly wet formula. It coats well. I feel like it adds a little bit of length. It separates my lashes well, doesn't clump at all or give me spider eyes. I doesn't smudge or flake and lasts all day for me. When it was time to wash it off, it came right off with minimal effort. I used Noxzema to wash my face and it removed it immediately and with no residue at all. If you're looking for a very dramatic effect, this is not the mascara you want. If you're looking for a really good daytime mascara, definitely give it a try. I could not be happier with this mascara. It is exactly what I wanted and it even claims that it's good for your lashes. I have no idea if it is or not, but it's just what I have been looking for. If you are looking for a good replacement for Lash Out mascara, this is perfect!

on 1/13/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love. Everything I wanted. Simple (not spidery), definition, stays on but easy to take off, gentle.
Super excited.

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 AM

I picked up this mascara at a drugstore sale (40 percent off) in part because I wanted a black-brown lengthening formula. Plus the packaging says it'll nourish lashes, so I figure if I like it and the claim works even a bit, then it's all gravy. I have to say, I like this mascara a lot more than I ever expected. The formula applies well, doesn't clump on me, and lasts without crumbling. On top of that, while one coat is decent, when I add a couple more to my light brown lashes (which are average -- not super short but not naturally super long either) I get some real length. I swear my lashes look twice as long when I wear this, and it adds a decent amount of volume, though the real magic is in the lengthening claims. I'd definitely buy it again. Plus there's no strong scent or anything so I enjoy that aspect, too.

on 8/27/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This may be HG mascara for me. It's a true deep black color, doesn't clump, gives good length and volume, keeps a curl, and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. It's not a really dramatic mascara, but it is perfect for everyday. It's the first mascara I've repurchased!