Essie Tart Deco

Tart DecoTart DecoTart Deco

2.9

on 11/11/2016 4:03:00 AM

ugh.

The colour is lovely, a bright coral leaning orange, great for spring, summer or anytime you want a pop of bright happy colour, its part of the core line and has its avid followers. It may have been unique when it was first released but i have colours from Revlon, OPI, Sinful Colours, Australis, Chanel, and countless others that are dupes or near dupes. Its been duped over and over and over again. Buy the dupes.

The formula. I love Essie polishes, i love the bottles, i love the colours, i love the collections and so far, i've wondered why all the angst on Essie formulas. Then i got this. Its like a thick streaky neon to work with, it dries sorta matte, it takes 3 coats to even this sucker out, it doesn't self level, it gets all lumpy either, its one hot mess to work with. While I'm often prepared to give polishes a little leeway for not being perfect, this was just so difficult to work with.

So, go out and buy a dupe of this, looking at my Essie collection i can see that Essie have duped it themselves. Buy the newer collections in this colour, because they have better formulas. Essie, its time to retire or reformulate this one as its not doing you any favours.

Finally decided to get this color and I like it not love. I much prefer Peach side babe which is not as bright and orange. This is the perfect color for toes but will pass on it for the nails.

on 3/30/2016 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have never been a huge fan of Essie polishes, but wanted to pick up some spring/summer colors and this gets a lot of buzz. Why? No idea.

The hue is a dusty coral in the bottle but is much prettier and brighter on the nails. The formula is awful with streaks and unevenness and tons of aggravation...next!

Tart Deco is a bright pastel orange colour - not light enough to be considered 'peach' but not an in-your-face orange either. It is more orange than I thought it would be, I would have preferred it if it had been a bit more of a true peach colour. The formula is thicker than my other Essie polishes - quite thick and can apply patchy. It takes two thick coats or three thinner coats to reach a smooth opacity. It is quick drying though, considering its thickness, and has good staying power like other Essie products. A nice enough polish, but I'm not a huge fan of the formula or the colour.

looks beautiful outside but has to be one of the worst formula I've worked with

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love the colour, but it goes on patchy/chalky even with three coats. Gloopy, strokes dont blend well into one another.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Essie call this creme shade coral but I call it electric peach, but either way this is one of those shades that is OMG for me; I just love it, and it makes my skin look tanned. A perfect polish for this time of the year.

Unfortunately Essie is well-known for being hit or miss with their polish formulas, and this isn't one of the better ones; the formula for Tart Deco is on the workable-but-thicker side, so it takes some care and patience while applying it. Sometimes I can do a nail flawlessly in just one one coat, sometimes two, but it seems that most often I need three coats to level everything out.

I still recommend this polish as it still very wearable, and I think all of these types of shades have iffy formulas; since Christmas I've tried to find a bright peach shade in various brands (including Zoya, Illamasqua, Barry M, and China Glaze), and Tart Deco has had the best formula out of all of them.

Beautiful orange coral color but it is super hard to apply! It took 3 coats and it didnt turn out great. I cant stand bad formula polishes, if i decide to invest my time pampering in a manicure it has to be enjoyable and easy! Not a fight with a polish!

My ultimate Favorite polish!! I apply 2-3 thin coats bec of the streakage. I've turned 2 others on to it. I always apply a shiny top coat & it looks even prettier.

on 8/7/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I so wanted to love this but in the end I could not bring myself to even like this one. For starters, I'm no Essie fan. I don't like the brush, color names and most formulas oxidize on me and morph into something shameful. This was no exception.
I loved this color in the bottle at CVS. Love ended there. On me this was straight up creamy orange. Not. Pretty.
The formula initially streaked then failed to layer with any real success. Dry time wasn't great. But, the final outcome just didn't live up to the hype. Back to CVS this went.
If you love orange, come play with this one. If your skintone is warm and medium deep this will look great. If your pale like me, keep it moving as this will not be flattering. 2 lippies for the name and inspiration. Beyond that: epic fail.

Popular Polishes