3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 months ago

I so wanted to love this sunscreen. So much so that I might buy it again, having now been a year...perhaps the formula changed a little. My problem was pilling, and this stuff was not good. Everything else was fine -- scent, not sticky, not shiny. Just the pilling. I've since moved to different moisturizers as well, and I've read that that can be the difference. Will add if 2nd try works out better...

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 months ago

After trying over 20 facial sunscreens, I've settled on this one for my everyday use in the summer -- it's as close to perfection as I'm going to get with a sunscreen. I HATE the way they feel, I just hate it, but my skin is extremely sensitive to the sun thanks to religious use of AHAs, so I need to wear SPF every stupid day. I'm also approaching 40 and want to prevent wrinkles and age spots, AND my mother has had pre-cancerous spots removed from her face...so the deck is stacked against me. This sunscreen isn't cheap -- it's $35 USD for 1.7 oz -- but it does its job and more. It doesn't break me out, doesn't smell awful, plays nicely with makeup, and unlike mineral sunscreen, actually comes off with micellar water at night. It leaves no white cast even when worn alone; I use this in place of a moisturizer on an everyday basis. I use a full pump to cover my face, let it sink in and then apply makeup, and I have no issues with it. I do get a little oily in my T-zone throughout the day, but that's to be expected in my hot/humid summer climate. I will repurchase this sunscreen, which is high praise from me.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

8 months ago

(Former reviews as bumblebee770) As reviewer below, I also wanted an all in one (light moisturizer and sunscreen) product and think I may have found it. I have oily and very very sensitive skin. This has a very faint sunscreen fragrance, a completely natural finish(not shiny, not dry powder-y) and so far has not caused irritation, redness or breakouts. If anything changes I’ll update. Ordered from Dermstore at 20% off.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 months ago

What I like most about this sunscreen is how easily it fit into my morning routine.  I simply used this in place of my normal moisturizer (the Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream).  I used this after my serum and vitamin c serum, and before my foundation.  It gave my skin enough hydration but without making it feel greasy or oily.  I also didn't experience any pilling that many other sunscreens can cause.  Better yet, this is fragrance and denatured alcohol free, making this a good one for sensitive skin as well.  Well packaged and affordable to boot- this is a winner!  My more detailed video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WRJ6rjYnARM"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WRJ6rjYnARM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

from

9 months ago

I love everything about this product. It is not expensive and works great! Doesn't show and absorbs right into skin. Not greasy. Only small downside is you are not sure how much of the product is left. I will never use another sunscreen.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

This is the only sunscreen I use daily on my face. It's pros outweigh the cons for me. My skin is acne prone and slightly dry, fair complexion. This product is Moisturizing and does not irritate my face. There really isn't much of a tint, so it isn't full coverage and really doesn't layer to much coverage either. So the Pros are that it is a Broad Spectrum coverage that my skin can tolerate, so for that fact it's invaluable since I will continue to use it and adds more to my sun protection. Cons: A little pricy for the amount you get. The bottle is absolute crap, because you can't see if there's anything left once the pump feels empty and you cannot remove the top easily at all. NOTE: I did manage to pry off the pump lid once and the amount inside is not even the whole bottles worth, so they kind of rip you off there.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0
from

10 months ago

I bought this last year because I absolutely loved their sunscreen that I'd bought in the past and I'd hoped for a tinted version so that I could skip foundation/bb cream. Nope. Pros- no burning at all. Great consistency. Price is high, but it's great sunscreen. Cons- WAY TOO DARK. Ridiculously so. Even too dark during the summer. I need to find a darker-complected friend to give this to.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

have cycled through many, many sunscreens and i've finally found a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! this was recommended by a friend as it's meant to be suitable for acne-prone skin (which i have) and when i tried it on it works really well for me. 10/10 will recommend for its smooth, silky texture! it dries to a dewy finish and the tint properties help to conceal blemishes. i can use it as a base on its own. after using it for few months i noticed my skin is better and softer. there are so many sunscreens out there on the market that i have tried but they have all given me breakouts, this is the only sunscreen i have come across that doesn't. do note the price is on the high side.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

a year ago

For starters, I'm oily and I live in a very humid climate. I used up one full bottle of this prior to writing this review. This sunscreen does what it is supposed to do. I do not wear makeup over it - usually just mascara and lipstick. It is nice to put on and does not sting. I do not burn or tan at all with this. I do not break out from this at all. However, I find that I stay shiny most of the day from this. It's not awful.... perhaps fine for the winter... but I would not repurchase this as the other 50 weeks of the year, I think the shininess will be too much. If you're not oily or not in a very humid climate, give it a try--- it is nice to put on and definitely keeps you protected from the sun. Unfortunately, I think I'll move on to a different sunscreen.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

a year ago

I have seen a lot of youtubers recommended this product, which is suitable for sensitive, acne-prone skin like mine, I used it and since the first use, I felt a stinging sensation on my face. Later, my face became red and itchy especially around my chin and my cheeks. I gave it a try for another three days as I want to make sure it is the product not the season change as it is entering autumn here. Sadly, it really is the product. After 3 consecutive days of using, I got red rashes, white heads on my chin all over and some on my cheeks and a bit of my forehead between my brows. Once I stopped using, it relieved the itchyness but the allergic aftermath still prolong for a week already. Friendly advice, do the patch test first before you apply this product all over your face. I am still on the search of a suitable sunscreen for my sensitive skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35