Sexy Hair Concepts Powder Play

Sexy Hair Concepts Powder Play

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Silica Silylate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Passionfruit Seed Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Acai Pulp Oil

on 11/28/2016 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this for six months now and I wish I had discovered it sooner. I recently re-purchased this on Ulta during Black Friday as it was 50% off. I use this after I shower, blowdry and straighten my hair to add volume to my hair. I love a volumized sleek hairstyle and that's exactly what it does for me. This is definitely a product I'd recommend to anyone looking to add volume to otherwise flat hair, but hate using sprays/liquid of any sort. Have re-purchased this and would definitely again in the future.

on 7/30/2016 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Believe me when I say I have tried a lot of products for volume. I have tried high and low end products and never found anything to provide the volume I wanted. I wasn't asking for tons of volume, just enough to make my hair look halfway full. I started using this product after the Ulta Rep recommended. I went in to buy foundation and came out with this and the root pump. Little did I know that the root pump would not be needed. Talk about volume....I have it now. As much as I want and more I cannot say enough good things about this product. It feels so good on the scalp as u r shaking it on. It has a cooling effect as it hits the scalp and u just want to keep shaking more out. But, don't keep shaking more out because u don't need it. U just need a tiny amount to get the volume u want and need. But, should u find u do want more volume, just shake out a little more. It is best to apply little at a time as opposed to a lot at one time. But I tell u, I have never seen anything like it. My hair is so flat and somewhat thin and first time I used, I could not get over the amount of volume I had. I actually had to stand back from the mirror and take a second look to make sure I was seeing the same head of hair. Was that my hair that was full and beautiful at the same time...no white residue and no stickiness. Unbelievable...no way I said to myself. So I walked back up to the mirror and examined the area I had sprinkled and there was truly nothing there but a head of volumized hair. I know this is a long review, but, if u only knew how amazed and shocked and happy I was because of this little red bottle, u would understand. If u r thinking and still pondering whether to buy, please, please, please give it a try. After so many years of thin and lifeless hair, I finally found what I had been searching for and once u try it, u will be as happy as I am. It's magic in a little red bottle.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Have used this product for over a year. Best product out there if you want lift at your roots. When I use this, I don't need any styling products--just blow my hair dry with nothing at all on it, apply a tiny sprinkling of Powder Play to my roots when my hair is dry, tousle the roots and finish with hairspray to hold. The people complaining about it making their hair sticky and clumpy and going flat after half an hour are using FAR too much product. You only need a very light sprinkling at the root, like you're putting salt on your food. The less you use, the better it works, actually. And for those complaining about the price, I've used Powder Play at least every other day for over a year and the container is still at least half full so I find it quite inexpensive, especially considering I no longer need styling gels, creams or mousses. As for the small container, I much prefer that over huge containers that are 1/10th full--takes up very little room in my cupboard. :-)

on 11/19/2015 10:55:00 AM

I am not a fan of this product, while it did volumize as it claimed, it left my hair so sticky, goopy and clumped together I had to wash it immediately! I couldn't even get it up into a ponytail it was so knotted. I didn't even use the bottle, I threw it out after two uses with the same results.

on 11/2/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Does give your hair instant volume but no better than many dry shampoos in an aerosol can.

PROS:
-does give you instant volume
-no discernible (and awful) scent as with many other dry shampoos

CONS:
-initial volume is not very long lasting (but better than not using anything)

OBSERVATIONS
-prefer the control of spraying a product as opposed to sprinkling in my hair (as this requires)
-this product definitely does mattify your hair so if you're sprinkling into your roots and your hair is dark, it may make the hair around your roots look a bit ashy and unnatural

on 10/19/2015 3:30:00 PM

This product did ad volume but the texture of my hair was rough -lt like felt straw. I was a bit put off by the price, expensive do such a tiny container. I heard if I used dry shampoo I'd get the same effect. I tried many but I didn't get the volume that I got with Sexy Hair Powder.

on 8/15/2015 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a few months trying to decide if I would purchase it again. I'd seen it mentioned several times online as a great product for building volume for fine hair like mine. It does indeed build amazing, sexy, messy volume in my hair. The first few times I used it I felt like a Victoria's Secret model as I left the house. Unfortunately, within 30 minutes, the effect is gone. Not completely, to be fair; I still maintain some volume and body, but the amazing hair I had at home doesn't exist anymore. I tried using Big Sexy Hair Get Layered hair spray to keep the style, but that only helped a little. I tried using Powder Play as a texturizer on my ends, but I couldn't see a difference at all except that my under layer of hair got very tangled throughout the day.

I think the price is OK considering that I've used a lot of it and I still have plenty left. The bottle is small but packs a lot of product. If I got this as a free gift, I'd probably use it again, but I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 2/21/2015 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I have apparently had my hair go through a crisis where it decided to become thin in texture, although i do have a lot of it. Because of this, fresh out of the wash, it was flat and i looked weird. A friend of mine had this with her on vacation and i have never loved a product more. Although this does take some getting used to in terms of how heavy handed you need to be, this has been the most volume my hair will hold. The benefit for me is the next day my messy buns are phenomenal due to the leftover product ;)

The price is a little high, and since it's so light i can't tell how much i've used in the last few months. I will update as soon as i have a better grasp of how long this really lasts!

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have thick layered hair, I bought this product to add volume to my hair between washes. It did for about 10 mins and then went flat. Waste of money.

on 9/10/2014 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

You have to apply it right for it to work. I have fine thin hair that's cut in a bob which gets flat easily. With this powder I put the product in one hand and in the other hand I dab it on the roots where I need the volume and the oil gone...then I tease it a bit more with my fingers and BAM...fuller hair. I think if I was just to dump it on my roots it wouldn't work as well. You have to be strategic in how you place it on your hair.