Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and it's a really nice scent. Very floral and sweet. It's not overpowering and but I have to reapply throughout the day.

on 9/28/2013 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this when it was on special for $29.00 I instantly fell in love with the scent it's a pleasant smell it's not to overpowering like other perfumes. It's perfect for any occasion. I've been using this for months now and it smells divine

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the name of this perfume, 'Pure Orchid' doesn't smell like an orchid at all! On me, it smells of berries, blackberries to be exact as listed in the notes. There's a bit of spice in this that's quite subtle which gives it a warm comforting smell. However, I'm not too crazy about the scent. It smells nice, but I think it's very generic and the staying power is very poor. I spray it on my wrist and neck and after 1 hour, the scent is barely there! Overall, it's a nice sweet floral that's not too heavy on the patchouli, but I wouldn't buy because it reminds me of a perfume I already have.

on 5/25/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This scent is nice, but I feel like it smells quite similar to other celebrity fragrances. It is a sweet floral with the strong orchid notes and lighter berry notes which gives this scent that sweet smell. This doesn't last so well with me, but I wear it everyday mainly because its a nice go-to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/17/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This just an OK fragrance. Out of the 2 fragrances I normally wear, this one is my least favorite. The bottle is really small, and the scent doesn't scream floral or orchid to me. Rather, its kind of sweet, like candy or something. I wish the scent lasted longer too. I got this as a gift, but I wouldn't buy it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love florals and lately gourmands. I tried all the celebrity perfumes at Zellers and only liked HB Pure Orchid. After a week of trying it at the store, I finally bought a bottle. If you like Flower Bomb (which is stronger floral), Hugo Boss Femme and Flora, then you might like Pure Orchid. Sweetness with vanilla and berries in the drydown. To avoid offending coworkers, I spray it on my breastbone. Everyonce in awhile, I catch a beautiful sugary scent. (Aqualino smells like sweat on me).

Update 2014/08/24: I find the berries annoying. I still like the sweetness of this perfume but the berries get in the way. Changed rating from 4/5 to 2/5

After smelling a sample of HB Pure Orchid in a magazine, I had high hopes for this fragrance. After buying, however, it took me a few days to figure out if I liked this & wanted to keep or return it. I originally felt like all I could smell was the orchid floral, but after a min or two I definitely became much more aware of the blackberry & vanilla. I decided that it was worth keeping b/c it is pretty & reminds me of my wedding day, when I carried a big bouquet or orchids. I also thought b/c it was an EDP it would have decent staying power....it doesn't. I definitely don't plan to repurchase.

on 5/29/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in the hope that it would be better than Halle's first fragrance - the jury's not in on that one yet, for me. I do like Pure Orchid - it's a close-to-the-skin, sweet, soft fragrance that works well in warmer weather (and I imagine would be fine in cooler temps too). The only problem is it has no lasting power. Nonetheless, I'd buy it again.

on 3/4/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Smells so nice and feminine. Great if you like florals cons" does not last long at all since it's an EDT

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the previous review that on the drydown (wait about an hour) this smells almost exactly Mariah's fragrance M, only Mariah's M has greater sillage. It has a lightly floral, soft sweet gourmand drydown that wafts of sweet marshmallows. It is a lovely fragrance but if you have M, you don't need this one.

Popular Fragrances