Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the name of this perfume, 'Pure Orchid' doesn't smell like an orchid at all! On me, it smells of berries, blackberries to be exact as listed in the notes. There's a bit of spice in this that's quite subtle which gives it a warm comforting smell. However, I'm not too crazy about the scent. It smells nice, but I think it's very generic and the staying power is very poor. I spray it on my wrist and neck and after 1 hour, the scent is barely there! Overall, it's a nice sweet floral that's not too heavy on the patchouli, but I wouldn't buy because it reminds me of a perfume I already have.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love florals and lately gourmands. I tried all the celebrity perfumes at Zellers and only liked HB Pure Orchid. After a week of trying it at the store, I finally bought a bottle. If you like Flower Bomb (which is stronger floral), Hugo Boss Femme and Flora, then you might like Pure Orchid. Sweetness with vanilla and berries in the drydown. To avoid offending coworkers, I spray it on my breastbone. Everyonce in awhile, I catch a beautiful sugary scent. (Aqualino smells like sweat on me).

Update 2014/08/24: I find the berries annoying. I still like the sweetness of this perfume but the berries get in the way. Changed rating from 4/5 to 2/5

on 5/29/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in the hope that it would be better than Halle's first fragrance - the jury's not in on that one yet, for me. I do like Pure Orchid - it's a close-to-the-skin, sweet, soft fragrance that works well in warmer weather (and I imagine would be fine in cooler temps too). The only problem is it has no lasting power. Nonetheless, I'd buy it again.

on 5/24/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been loving this fragrance lately. It's a warm, soft vanilla that works in the heat of spring and summer. It seems very similar to the original Halle... I don't smell orchid, or any floral for that matter. Just a sweet but fresh fragrance. Nothing too special but it's very inexpensive, the bottle is attractive, and it smells great. If I ran out, I would buy another bottle.

Pure Orchid from Halle isn't bad - I gave it a try yesterday and enjoyed the first few minutes of the scent, a bright floral with zingy sweetness and a little depth. I particularly enjoyed when the soft yumminess 'blackberry cream' accord made its appearance - this is a scent that isn't terribly original (zingy fruit/cream floral) but I think it has enough of its own signature to lend to a style statement. Unfortunately, after a few minutes one of the floral notes turns on me and ruins the scent, so no sale for me - but I encourage others to give this a spin, as I think this could be a pretty spring scent on someone who can wear it well. 3&1/2.

Popular Fragrances