Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.7

on 5/25/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This scent is nice, but I feel like it smells quite similar to other celebrity fragrances. It is a sweet floral with the strong orchid notes and lighter berry notes which gives this scent that sweet smell. This doesn't last so well with me, but I wear it everyday mainly because its a nice go-to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

hmmm....I expected Halle Berry Pure Orchid to be more tropical or to at least have a scent reminiscent of orchids. I was disappointed in this.

This is a VERY sweet scent and smells food like on me, like blackberry jam right off the top. I'm not really into smelling like dessert.

I give this 2 lippies because I just adore the bottle and I just adore Halle Berry. And Ms. Berry looks divine in the ad for Pure Orchid...walking out of the ocean towards you carrying that single orchid.

It's too bad the scent is such a disappointment. By the way, it's a "floral"? I don't detect ANY floral notes, just foody notes AND there are no floral notes in it! Please see below...

More on Pure Orchid:

Halle Berry perfumes and colognes
Floral fragrances
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry
For: women Designer: Halle Berry Olfactive Group: Floral Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry is a floral fragrance for women. Halle Pure Orchid is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. Top notes are amalfi lemon, papaya and cactus; middle notes are star anise, orchid and blackberry; base notes are patchouli, tonka bean and sequoia.

on 3/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another soft copy of Pink Sugar. I like it though because PS is too strong for me.

on 3/4/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Smells so nice and feminine. Great if you like florals cons" does not last long at all since it's an EDT

on 2/19/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, this is the first celebrity fragrance I have EVER tried, aside from Elzabeth Taylor's a while back. The only reason I gave Pure Orchid a shot is because it was sitting right in front of me at Walgreens, for a lovely price. I thought it smelled terrific, but didnt' buy it because I wasn't so sure I wanted to invest in a celeb scent. By the end of the day, I had to go back for it and I still think it smells incredible. Personally, I think it's similar to the original (which I also had to buy - couldn't resist) but with a fruit twist. Creamy, vanilla, slight spice dry down. On me it lasts for 5-6 hours. Picked this up .5 oz for $6.99 - found same price on Ebay. It's my first floral/fruity fragrance, too, and I'm glad I tried it! Delicious, comforting scent that's not overpowering. Beautiful bottle, even in the small size.

I don't actually own this but I had liked it when I smelled it in a magazine so today I sprayed it on myself at Kohl's. I admit, I like it a lot more than original Halle fragrance... I remember smelling that an hating it. This is a nice, light flowery fragrance with some powder in there too. The only thing I don't like is the lasting power. Compared to two other perfumes I sprayed on myself at the same time, this I can smell the least now... I can barley smell it when I put my nose right up to my wrist (and I sprayed it less than an hour ago). I would buy this if I found it for dirt cheap because I do like the scent, just wish it lasted more than 20 minutes.

Popular Fragrances