Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.5

on 3/31/2012 5:34:00 PM

I was given this as a gift... I like Halle by Halle Berry, but this is not even close to that scent. This smells like cotton candy. Way too light, and candy-ish for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the name of this perfume, 'Pure Orchid' doesn't smell like an orchid at all! On me, it smells of berries, blackberries to be exact as listed in the notes. There's a bit of spice in this that's quite subtle which gives it a warm comforting smell. However, I'm not too crazy about the scent. It smells nice, but I think it's very generic and the staying power is very poor. I spray it on my wrist and neck and after 1 hour, the scent is barely there! Overall, it's a nice sweet floral that's not too heavy on the patchouli, but I wouldn't buy because it reminds me of a perfume I already have.

on 2/17/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This just an OK fragrance. Out of the 2 fragrances I normally wear, this one is my least favorite. The bottle is really small, and the scent doesn't scream floral or orchid to me. Rather, its kind of sweet, like candy or something. I wish the scent lasted longer too. I got this as a gift, but I wouldn't buy it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is so strange...I thought this perfume would be a warm, floral scent. Some reviewers mentioned a vanilla drydown. Sounded pleasant enough. When I sprayed it on me though, it turned into an EXACT CLONE of Armani Code. Now, don't get me wrong, this was a pleasant surprise considering I love Armani Code and it's much more expensive then Pure Orchid. It was just very unexpected. On me it was quite dark and spicy with a vanilla undertone coming out in the drydown. Literally an exact dupe of how Armani Code smells on me. Looks like no one else has had this bizarre experience, so perhaps my review should be taken with a grain of salt. But that was my experience with this perfume.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love florals and lately gourmands. I tried all the celebrity perfumes at Zellers and only liked HB Pure Orchid. After a week of trying it at the store, I finally bought a bottle. If you like Flower Bomb (which is stronger floral), Hugo Boss Femme and Flora, then you might like Pure Orchid. Sweetness with vanilla and berries in the drydown. To avoid offending coworkers, I spray it on my breastbone. Everyonce in awhile, I catch a beautiful sugary scent. (Aqualino smells like sweat on me).

Update 2014/08/24: I find the berries annoying. I still like the sweetness of this perfume but the berries get in the way. Changed rating from 4/5 to 2/5

on 7/1/2010 3:36:00 AM

I am a perfume collector with over 40 bottles. I picked this up at Walmart, on sale for $22. I cannot get enough of it. I wish the staying power was longer, and I wish that it came in eau de parfum in a larger bottle than 30 ml and that it wasn't limited edition. I was trying different scents at Shoppers. One hour later: Out of all of them, including higher end ones, I liked this one the best I was surprised to find out it was a lower end perfume! If you enjoy sweet perfumes like this floral gourmand with a vanillic base you should try this hidden gem. One lippie off for lack of staying power.

on 5/29/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in the hope that it would be better than Halle's first fragrance - the jury's not in on that one yet, for me. I do like Pure Orchid - it's a close-to-the-skin, sweet, soft fragrance that works well in warmer weather (and I imagine would be fine in cooler temps too). The only problem is it has no lasting power. Nonetheless, I'd buy it again.

Pure Orchid from Halle isn't bad - I gave it a try yesterday and enjoyed the first few minutes of the scent, a bright floral with zingy sweetness and a little depth. I particularly enjoyed when the soft yumminess 'blackberry cream' accord made its appearance - this is a scent that isn't terribly original (zingy fruit/cream floral) but I think it has enough of its own signature to lend to a style statement. Unfortunately, after a few minutes one of the floral notes turns on me and ruins the scent, so no sale for me - but I encourage others to give this a spin, as I think this could be a pretty spring scent on someone who can wear it well. 3&1/2.

on 3/4/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Smells so nice and feminine. Great if you like florals cons" does not last long at all since it's an EDT

on 2/27/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

smells ok.....SMELLS LIKE MARIAH CAREY M FRAGRANCE....JUST A SOFT COPY. ANYONE ELSE THINK? DID NOT WANT THAT SCENT AGAIN.