Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the previous review that on the drydown (wait about an hour) this smells almost exactly Mariah's fragrance M, only Mariah's M has greater sillage. It has a lightly floral, soft sweet gourmand drydown that wafts of sweet marshmallows. It is a lovely fragrance but if you have M, you don't need this one.

on 2/19/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, this is the first celebrity fragrance I have EVER tried, aside from Elzabeth Taylor's a while back. The only reason I gave Pure Orchid a shot is because it was sitting right in front of me at Walgreens, for a lovely price. I thought it smelled terrific, but didnt' buy it because I wasn't so sure I wanted to invest in a celeb scent. By the end of the day, I had to go back for it and I still think it smells incredible. Personally, I think it's similar to the original (which I also had to buy - couldn't resist) but with a fruit twist. Creamy, vanilla, slight spice dry down. On me it lasts for 5-6 hours. Picked this up .5 oz for $6.99 - found same price on Ebay. It's my first floral/fruity fragrance, too, and I'm glad I tried it! Delicious, comforting scent that's not overpowering. Beautiful bottle, even in the small size.

Popular Fragrances