Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and it's a really nice scent. Very floral and sweet. It's not overpowering and but I have to reapply throughout the day.

on 3/31/2012 5:34:00 PM

I was given this as a gift... I like Halle by Halle Berry, but this is not even close to that scent. This smells like cotton candy. Way too light, and candy-ish for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is so strange...I thought this perfume would be a warm, floral scent. Some reviewers mentioned a vanilla drydown. Sounded pleasant enough. When I sprayed it on me though, it turned into an EXACT CLONE of Armani Code. Now, don't get me wrong, this was a pleasant surprise considering I love Armani Code and it's much more expensive then Pure Orchid. It was just very unexpected. On me it was quite dark and spicy with a vanilla undertone coming out in the drydown. Literally an exact dupe of how Armani Code smells on me. Looks like no one else has had this bizarre experience, so perhaps my review should be taken with a grain of salt. But that was my experience with this perfume.

After smelling a sample of HB Pure Orchid in a magazine, I had high hopes for this fragrance. After buying, however, it took me a few days to figure out if I liked this & wanted to keep or return it. I originally felt like all I could smell was the orchid floral, but after a min or two I definitely became much more aware of the blackberry & vanilla. I decided that it was worth keeping b/c it is pretty & reminds me of my wedding day, when I carried a big bouquet or orchids. I also thought b/c it was an EDP it would have decent staying power....it doesn't. I definitely don't plan to repurchase.

on 7/1/2010 3:36:00 AM

I am a perfume collector with over 40 bottles. I picked this up at Walmart, on sale for $22. I cannot get enough of it. I wish the staying power was longer, and I wish that it came in eau de parfum in a larger bottle than 30 ml and that it wasn't limited edition. I was trying different scents at Shoppers. One hour later: Out of all of them, including higher end ones, I liked this one the best I was surprised to find out it was a lower end perfume! If you enjoy sweet perfumes like this floral gourmand with a vanillic base you should try this hidden gem. One lippie off for lack of staying power.

I did not buy this but instead used a tester and I'm glad I did.
The scent reeks of cotton candy....which is fine if it's a cotton candy perfume but this is supposed to be an Orchid scent.

It's nasty and I immediately showered it off as it made me a bit sick.

on 5/6/2010 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i actually bought this for my mom for mother's day.. times are tough and i cannot really afford her usual but she mentioned she liked this and i thought it might be nice for casual days, whatever.
i sniffed it and it really does smell nice. it is really inexpensive and i believe it is a nice quality for the money. wal mart has a nice packaged kit you can buy as a present and i think she really will enjoy it.

hmmm....I expected Halle Berry Pure Orchid to be more tropical or to at least have a scent reminiscent of orchids. I was disappointed in this.

This is a VERY sweet scent and smells food like on me, like blackberry jam right off the top. I'm not really into smelling like dessert.

I give this 2 lippies because I just adore the bottle and I just adore Halle Berry. And Ms. Berry looks divine in the ad for Pure Orchid...walking out of the ocean towards you carrying that single orchid.

It's too bad the scent is such a disappointment. By the way, it's a "floral"? I don't detect ANY floral notes, just foody notes AND there are no floral notes in it! Please see below...

More on Pure Orchid:

Halle Berry perfumes and colognes
Floral fragrances
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry
For: women Designer: Halle Berry Olfactive Group: Floral Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry is a floral fragrance for women. Halle Pure Orchid is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. Top notes are amalfi lemon, papaya and cactus; middle notes are star anise, orchid and blackberry; base notes are patchouli, tonka bean and sequoia.

on 3/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another soft copy of Pink Sugar. I like it though because PS is too strong for me.

I don't actually own this but I had liked it when I smelled it in a magazine so today I sprayed it on myself at Kohl's. I admit, I like it a lot more than original Halle fragrance... I remember smelling that an hating it. This is a nice, light flowery fragrance with some powder in there too. The only thing I don't like is the lasting power. Compared to two other perfumes I sprayed on myself at the same time, this I can smell the least now... I can barley smell it when I put my nose right up to my wrist (and I sprayed it less than an hour ago). I would buy this if I found it for dirt cheap because I do like the scent, just wish it lasted more than 20 minutes.

Popular Fragrances