Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.4

on 9/28/2013 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this when it was on special for $29.00 I instantly fell in love with the scent it's a pleasant smell it's not to overpowering like other perfumes. It's perfect for any occasion. I've been using this for months now and it smells divine

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is so strange...I thought this perfume would be a warm, floral scent. Some reviewers mentioned a vanilla drydown. Sounded pleasant enough. When I sprayed it on me though, it turned into an EXACT CLONE of Armani Code. Now, don't get me wrong, this was a pleasant surprise considering I love Armani Code and it's much more expensive then Pure Orchid. It was just very unexpected. On me it was quite dark and spicy with a vanilla undertone coming out in the drydown. Literally an exact dupe of how Armani Code smells on me. Looks like no one else has had this bizarre experience, so perhaps my review should be taken with a grain of salt. But that was my experience with this perfume.

on 2/19/2010 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I admit, this is the first celebrity fragrance I have EVER tried, aside from Elzabeth Taylor's a while back. The only reason I gave Pure Orchid a shot is because it was sitting right in front of me at Walgreens, for a lovely price. I thought it smelled terrific, but didnt' buy it because I wasn't so sure I wanted to invest in a celeb scent. By the end of the day, I had to go back for it and I still think it smells incredible. Personally, I think it's similar to the original (which I also had to buy - couldn't resist) but with a fruit twist. Creamy, vanilla, slight spice dry down. On me it lasts for 5-6 hours. Picked this up .5 oz for $6.99 - found same price on Ebay. It's my first floral/fruity fragrance, too, and I'm glad I tried it! Delicious, comforting scent that's not overpowering. Beautiful bottle, even in the small size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a gift and it's a really nice scent. Very floral and sweet. It's not overpowering and but I have to reapply throughout the day.

on 5/25/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This scent is nice, but I feel like it smells quite similar to other celebrity fragrances. It is a sweet floral with the strong orchid notes and lighter berry notes which gives this scent that sweet smell. This doesn't last so well with me, but I wear it everyday mainly because its a nice go-to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love florals and lately gourmands. I tried all the celebrity perfumes at Zellers and only liked HB Pure Orchid. After a week of trying it at the store, I finally bought a bottle. If you like Flower Bomb (which is stronger floral), Hugo Boss Femme and Flora, then you might like Pure Orchid. Sweetness with vanilla and berries in the drydown. To avoid offending coworkers, I spray it on my breastbone. Everyonce in awhile, I catch a beautiful sugary scent. (Aqualino smells like sweat on me).

Update 2014/08/24: I find the berries annoying. I still like the sweetness of this perfume but the berries get in the way. Changed rating from 4/5 to 2/5

on 7/1/2010 3:36:00 AM

I am a perfume collector with over 40 bottles. I picked this up at Walmart, on sale for $22. I cannot get enough of it. I wish the staying power was longer, and I wish that it came in eau de parfum in a larger bottle than 30 ml and that it wasn't limited edition. I was trying different scents at Shoppers. One hour later: Out of all of them, including higher end ones, I liked this one the best I was surprised to find out it was a lower end perfume! If you enjoy sweet perfumes like this floral gourmand with a vanillic base you should try this hidden gem. One lippie off for lack of staying power.

on 5/29/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I bought this in the hope that it would be better than Halle's first fragrance - the jury's not in on that one yet, for me. I do like Pure Orchid - it's a close-to-the-skin, sweet, soft fragrance that works well in warmer weather (and I imagine would be fine in cooler temps too). The only problem is it has no lasting power. Nonetheless, I'd buy it again.

on 5/24/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been loving this fragrance lately. It's a warm, soft vanilla that works in the heat of spring and summer. It seems very similar to the original Halle... I don't smell orchid, or any floral for that matter. Just a sweet but fresh fragrance. Nothing too special but it's very inexpensive, the bottle is attractive, and it smells great. If I ran out, I would buy another bottle.

on 5/6/2010 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i actually bought this for my mom for mother's day.. times are tough and i cannot really afford her usual but she mentioned she liked this and i thought it might be nice for casual days, whatever.
i sniffed it and it really does smell nice. it is really inexpensive and i believe it is a nice quality for the money. wal mart has a nice packaged kit you can buy as a present and i think she really will enjoy it.

Popular Fragrances