Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

Coty Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

3.4

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Don't waste your money!!!
Smells good but 20minutes or so after you put this stuff on....poof....its gone...totally gone! Honestly don't buy this...its pointless.

I did not buy this but instead used a tester and I'm glad I did.
The scent reeks of cotton candy....which is fine if it's a cotton candy perfume but this is supposed to be an Orchid scent.

It's nasty and I immediately showered it off as it made me a bit sick.

on 3/31/2012 5:34:00 PM

I was given this as a gift... I like Halle by Halle Berry, but this is not even close to that scent. This smells like cotton candy. Way too light, and candy-ish for me.

After smelling a sample of HB Pure Orchid in a magazine, I had high hopes for this fragrance. After buying, however, it took me a few days to figure out if I liked this & wanted to keep or return it. I originally felt like all I could smell was the orchid floral, but after a min or two I definitely became much more aware of the blackberry & vanilla. I decided that it was worth keeping b/c it is pretty & reminds me of my wedding day, when I carried a big bouquet or orchids. I also thought b/c it was an EDP it would have decent staying power....it doesn't. I definitely don't plan to repurchase.

hmmm....I expected Halle Berry Pure Orchid to be more tropical or to at least have a scent reminiscent of orchids. I was disappointed in this.

This is a VERY sweet scent and smells food like on me, like blackberry jam right off the top. I'm not really into smelling like dessert.

I give this 2 lippies because I just adore the bottle and I just adore Halle Berry. And Ms. Berry looks divine in the ad for Pure Orchid...walking out of the ocean towards you carrying that single orchid.

It's too bad the scent is such a disappointment. By the way, it's a "floral"? I don't detect ANY floral notes, just foody notes AND there are no floral notes in it! Please see below...

More on Pure Orchid:

Halle Berry perfumes and colognes
Floral fragrances
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry
For: women Designer: Halle Berry Olfactive Group: Floral Halle Berry Halle Pure Orchid
Halle Pure Orchid by Halle Berry is a floral fragrance for women. Halle Pure Orchid is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Rodrigo Flores-Roux and Christophe Raynaud. Top notes are amalfi lemon, papaya and cactus; middle notes are star anise, orchid and blackberry; base notes are patchouli, tonka bean and sequoia.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Despite the name of this perfume, 'Pure Orchid' doesn't smell like an orchid at all! On me, it smells of berries, blackberries to be exact as listed in the notes. There's a bit of spice in this that's quite subtle which gives it a warm comforting smell. However, I'm not too crazy about the scent. It smells nice, but I think it's very generic and the staying power is very poor. I spray it on my wrist and neck and after 1 hour, the scent is barely there! Overall, it's a nice sweet floral that's not too heavy on the patchouli, but I wouldn't buy because it reminds me of a perfume I already have.

on 2/17/2011 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This just an OK fragrance. Out of the 2 fragrances I normally wear, this one is my least favorite. The bottle is really small, and the scent doesn't scream floral or orchid to me. Rather, its kind of sweet, like candy or something. I wish the scent lasted longer too. I got this as a gift, but I wouldn't buy it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Super cute bottle. The fragrance does not match the name. The scent is sweet in a cotton candy meets synthetic blackberry and apples kind of way with lots of amber undertones. The name 'Pure Orchid' evokes a tropical far-away island sort of vibe and this was not it. It was much heavier and sweeter than I expected. Biggest reason for not purchasing is that this is a migraine-inducer.

Pure Orchid from Halle isn't bad - I gave it a try yesterday and enjoyed the first few minutes of the scent, a bright floral with zingy sweetness and a little depth. I particularly enjoyed when the soft yumminess 'blackberry cream' accord made its appearance - this is a scent that isn't terribly original (zingy fruit/cream floral) but I think it has enough of its own signature to lend to a style statement. Unfortunately, after a few minutes one of the floral notes turns on me and ruins the scent, so no sale for me - but I encourage others to give this a spin, as I think this could be a pretty spring scent on someone who can wear it well. 3&1/2.

on 3/4/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Another soft copy of Pink Sugar. I like it though because PS is too strong for me.

Popular Fragrances