Redken Blonde Glam Perfect Platinum

No Image

3.2

on 3/25/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is great not a miracle product as I find it somewhat damaging to my fine color treated hair also if used every week it would weigh my hair down and cause a bit of hair loss but in terms of cancelling yellow or orange hues its overall decent in that aspect the packaging however sucks as its a mission to get out its. expensive at $27 but it lasts quite a while overall this is a decent product that does cancel the unatural orange and yellow tones out so will repurchase for that purpose ...

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've purchased this twice now from beauty salons (once in my teens and now in my twenties). And both times I've been on the fence about it. It's a nice consistency, the color is a rich light purple with the intention of taking out the "brassy" tone in blonde hair. Is it effective? Yes and no imo.
I do believe it helps take out some brass that I would have if I wasn't using a color treated conditioner/shampoo. Are there better products out there? I'm positive there are. It's okay-good for me. It provides moderate moisture (not too much or too little), sometimes I use it in combination with another conditioner just to get a bit more moisture in my hair.
And while it comes in a small bottle and is a little spendy (I believe I paid either $16 or $17) it has lasted me over 8 months at this point and I still have plenty. For my purpose of using it once or twice a week max, it has lasted a very long time! So I really have no complaints there. Conditioners really last me forever, so spending some money and investing in a really nice one is not a big deal.
Once I'm done with this conditioner I'll be testing out many others because I'm just not "Wowed" enough to purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is awesome! :) I never used the "pure pearl" product that everyone else mentioned, so I can't really compare the two. I can however, say that this stuff does a WONDERFUL job at canceling out any brassiness that I may get in my hair. My hair looks looks brighter, more blonde, and shinier after using this. I only use this once a week (if that) and the results are still there between uses. The bottle says to wear gloves while using this, but I never do and it doesn't stain my hands at all. I just put it on like regular conditioner and let it sit in my hair while I do the rest of my routine in the shower. Pretty easy! The only reason why I took off a lippie is because it isn't very moisturizing, but I will continue using it and repurchasing it bc of its other benefits.

on 5/3/2010 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would like to give this product somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4... so I rounded up.
I am a natural blonde and my hair is pretty light, but I like to use a violet treatment to keep brassiness at bay. I really liked Redken's Pure Pearl treatment, and this is very close to that, but maybe not exactly the same. This works best when I use the shampoo and cond from this line... it really does help to keep my hair looking bright. I tend to keep this on for about 5 minutes, comb through with a widetooth comb, and rinse out. I don't know if it is as moisturizing as the Pure Pearl was, but it does it's job so I will continue to repurchase.

HORRIBLE.

I usually can find at least one thing good to say about a product. I can't do that for this one!

First of all, it's not conditioning in any way whatsoever. It coats my hair and makes it feel slimy, but unevenly. Parts are slimy, other parts of my highlighted hair are dry and rough.

But I can get over that, as I really wanted it more for color enhancing than conditioning.

WORTHLESS!!! Did not help tone down yellow tones in my highlighted hair at all! What a waste.

It's like purple vaseline. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Popular Hair Treatments