Redken Blonde Glam Perfect Platinum

No Image

3.1

on 3/25/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is great not a miracle product as I find it somewhat damaging to my fine color treated hair also if used every week it would weigh my hair down and cause a bit of hair loss but in terms of cancelling yellow or orange hues its overall decent in that aspect the packaging however sucks as its a mission to get out its. expensive at $27 but it lasts quite a while overall this is a decent product that does cancel the unatural orange and yellow tones out so will repurchase for that purpose ...

At first I thought this treatment was great.. my hair seemed really smooth and easy to blowdry and iron..It certainly did a great job at toning down any brass, but it also significantly darkened my hair in the process. The more I used it, the heavier and weighed down my hair became. It was leaving a very sticky, gummy build up. So basically I ended up with very dull unbrassy locks!

I will never buy again as it also caused a severe allergic reaction which got worse every time I used it. I ended up with chemical burns all over my scalp and forehead which resulted in a weird breakout on my face (which still hasn't gone away over a month after discontinued use) and clumps of scalp falling away leaving welts!
If you're hoping to use this product as a replacement for the discontinued Pure Pearl treatment (which was utterly amazing!) you'll be sorely disappointed.
I've switched to Nak blonde products which are really great.

1 Lippie in remeberence of it's shining predecessor!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've purchased this twice now from beauty salons (once in my teens and now in my twenties). And both times I've been on the fence about it. It's a nice consistency, the color is a rich light purple with the intention of taking out the "brassy" tone in blonde hair. Is it effective? Yes and no imo.
I do believe it helps take out some brass that I would have if I wasn't using a color treated conditioner/shampoo. Are there better products out there? I'm positive there are. It's okay-good for me. It provides moderate moisture (not too much or too little), sometimes I use it in combination with another conditioner just to get a bit more moisture in my hair.
And while it comes in a small bottle and is a little spendy (I believe I paid either $16 or $17) it has lasted me over 8 months at this point and I still have plenty. For my purpose of using it once or twice a week max, it has lasted a very long time! So I really have no complaints there. Conditioners really last me forever, so spending some money and investing in a really nice one is not a big deal.
Once I'm done with this conditioner I'll be testing out many others because I'm just not "Wowed" enough to purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is awesome! :) I never used the "pure pearl" product that everyone else mentioned, so I can't really compare the two. I can however, say that this stuff does a WONDERFUL job at canceling out any brassiness that I may get in my hair. My hair looks looks brighter, more blonde, and shinier after using this. I only use this once a week (if that) and the results are still there between uses. The bottle says to wear gloves while using this, but I never do and it doesn't stain my hands at all. I just put it on like regular conditioner and let it sit in my hair while I do the rest of my routine in the shower. Pretty easy! The only reason why I took off a lippie is because it isn't very moisturizing, but I will continue using it and repurchasing it bc of its other benefits.

on 11/2/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Not 100% sure if I'd buy this again. It makes my hair feel nice and soft, but it doesn't do too much for toning out the yellow brass. I wish they kept the pure pearl instead, I've heard so many good reviews about it. This definitely isn't the amazing toner I was hoping for. Try roux fanciful white minx mousse I love it! Makes my hair super platinum, on a bad note it makes hair kinda crunchy while drying, but worth it.

on 5/3/2010 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would like to give this product somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4... so I rounded up.
I am a natural blonde and my hair is pretty light, but I like to use a violet treatment to keep brassiness at bay. I really liked Redken's Pure Pearl treatment, and this is very close to that, but maybe not exactly the same. This works best when I use the shampoo and cond from this line... it really does help to keep my hair looking bright. I tend to keep this on for about 5 minutes, comb through with a widetooth comb, and rinse out. I don't know if it is as moisturizing as the Pure Pearl was, but it does it's job so I will continue to repurchase.

on 2/11/2010 8:33:00 PM

This is the replacement product for the Redken Blonde Glam Pure Pearl Treatment. I had used the Pure Pearl in the past and loved it so I was dismayed to find it had been discontinued. Blonde Glam Perfect Platinum is the replacement and it is basically the same thing. Just like Pure Pearl, Perfect Platinum is meant to moisturize, strengthen, add shine, and neutralize brassiness to brighten light blonde highlights. I have light blonde highlights in my naturally light brown/dark blonde hair and my hair has a natural golden tone to it so it is easy for my highlights to turn a bit brassy. Perfect Platinum does a good job of neutralizing the brassiness although I wouldn't say it's too heavy duty. For really brassy hair this probably won't completely rectify the problem. My hair is only slightly brassy and after using this my hair does look less brassy, but not completely cool-toned. There is still a bit of a golden tone, but that could just be the strong natural tendency of my hair. I love Perfect Platinum as a treatment because it makes my hair very soft and shiny and it feels stronger. I just wish the brassiness-neutralizing properties were a bit stronger.

According to Redken this product contains crystal Mica to add shimmering shine, grapefruit extract to help improve blonde clarity, grapeseed oil to condition and protect hair, protein to empower weakened structure, and color depositing pigments to keep blonde color vibrant and refresh blonde highlights in between salon visits.

By the way, the bottle says to wear gloves but I don't and the violet pigment of the product has never stained my skin.