Redken Blonde Glam Perfect Platinum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.0

At first I thought this treatment was great.. my hair seemed really smooth and easy to blowdry and iron..It certainly did a great job at toning down any brass, but it also significantly darkened my hair in the process. The more I used it, the heavier and weighed down my hair became. It was leaving a very sticky, gummy build up. So basically I ended up with very dull unbrassy locks!

I will never buy again as it also caused a severe allergic reaction which got worse every time I used it. I ended up with chemical burns all over my scalp and forehead which resulted in a weird breakout on my face (which still hasn't gone away over a month after discontinued use) and clumps of scalp falling away leaving welts!
If you're hoping to use this product as a replacement for the discontinued Pure Pearl treatment (which was utterly amazing!) you'll be sorely disappointed.
I've switched to Nak blonde products which are really great.

1 Lippie in remeberence of it's shining predecessor!

on 8/19/2011 8:21:00 PM

I love this conditioner, I took one lippie off because I wish it would make my hair just a little bit lighter and without using quarter of the bottle to see some effect. But if you do use a lot of the product it really does its job, well that makes it a very expensive. It does take yellow undertones away and also moisturizes hair as well. I will buy it again because so far it is the best pigmented conditioner I have ever used.

on 2/11/2010 8:33:00 PM

This is the replacement product for the Redken Blonde Glam Pure Pearl Treatment. I had used the Pure Pearl in the past and loved it so I was dismayed to find it had been discontinued. Blonde Glam Perfect Platinum is the replacement and it is basically the same thing. Just like Pure Pearl, Perfect Platinum is meant to moisturize, strengthen, add shine, and neutralize brassiness to brighten light blonde highlights. I have light blonde highlights in my naturally light brown/dark blonde hair and my hair has a natural golden tone to it so it is easy for my highlights to turn a bit brassy. Perfect Platinum does a good job of neutralizing the brassiness although I wouldn't say it's too heavy duty. For really brassy hair this probably won't completely rectify the problem. My hair is only slightly brassy and after using this my hair does look less brassy, but not completely cool-toned. There is still a bit of a golden tone, but that could just be the strong natural tendency of my hair. I love Perfect Platinum as a treatment because it makes my hair very soft and shiny and it feels stronger. I just wish the brassiness-neutralizing properties were a bit stronger.

According to Redken this product contains crystal Mica to add shimmering shine, grapefruit extract to help improve blonde clarity, grapeseed oil to condition and protect hair, protein to empower weakened structure, and color depositing pigments to keep blonde color vibrant and refresh blonde highlights in between salon visits.

By the way, the bottle says to wear gloves but I don't and the violet pigment of the product has never stained my skin.