Bobbi Brown Calypso Glaze

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

on 4/20/2010 2:43:00 PM

I was somewhat hesitant about buying this, since I was afraid it might turn out to be a bright orange (definitely not a good color for me). However, on my lips, it's revealed itself to be much softer than it looks in the tube, and rather than being orangey, it's actually a cross between coral and a warm pink. I love this color; it's very flattering and I know I'll be reaching for it often in the warm months to come.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a new "Metallic" color for the Cabana Corals Spring/Summer 2010 Collection. It's a perfect combination of medium pink and coral with a tiny hint of gold shimmer. Think of the beautiful coral colored lipstick that Audrey Hepburn/Holly Golightly had on in Breakfast at Tiffany's when she was hailing a cab to go to Sing Sing. CG is more like BB's (sadly discontinued) lip sheers than her more opaque lip colors. It looks absolutely GORGEOUS with Calypso Coral Pot Rouge on your cheeks. It also works well as a "glaze" over almost any warm toned lip color. I'm an NC37MMM/GGG, but I think this one will work on most skin tones.