The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclomethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

on 4/1/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I barely can find any primer that does ANYTHING for me, and this goes right onto that does nothing list. Really interesting to notice though that all the reviews I have been reading on tons of primers are so different from each other. I guess it just really depends on what it does for your skin specifically in combination with the other products you use on your face. For my dry skin with rather big pores, it didn't do much. Mayyyybe a little bit of pore covering, but I compared it to the Porefessional on the other half of my face, and the difference in quality was so huge, I immediately decluttered this and was thankful to God that I bought a three pack of the Porefessional in a Duty Free a few weeks ago. I also agree with another reviewer that the silver part of the tube crumbles off after a while, maybe when it comes in touch with the oil of other skin care products, which will end in hands full of silver particles that will easily end up on your face working with a primer.

Pro:
- cruelty free
- not irritating

Con:
- doesn't do really anything for my skin
- silver crumbles off packaging

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have very oily skin and this primer works okay for me. Due to my skin, it is hard to tell what a "good" primer is. No primer is really going to soak up and prevent my oil.

Overall, this makes my skin feel very soft. The tube lasts for a long time too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best primer I have used by far! I absolutely love it and would totally buy this product again! Pros to this product is that it is super mattifying for my combination/oily face. It keeps my face matte for a good 2-3 hours. I've used lots of primers and this one works the best for me! Plus, it doesn't break me out! Cons to this product is that for me at least, you have to let it sit in your face a good 1-2 minutes for it to mattify on your face. If you don't let it do that it does feel kind of like play dough ,even though it's a clear gel, on your face when you put powder on top of it. Besides that, I LOVE this product and definatley recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't live up to its claim of mattifying. My face got oily within hours, and I changed my foundations up each time I wore this to make sure it was the primer and not the foundation. It's also not cheap, I think it was 12-14 dollars. Waste of money.

on 5/31/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product consistently for a couple of years now and have repurchased multiple times. This works wonderfully on my oily skin. It mattifies my skin as soon as I apply it. I can both see and feel the difference. My makeup goes on much more smoothly over this primer than my bare skin and is far easier to blend. When I first started using this it was a product I would save for particularly hot days, where I knew I would sweat through my makeup, or particularly long days. However it didn't take long for this to become a daily essential, as my skin feels so much nicer with this on. I quite often even use it on no makeup days purely to prevent shine.

It does boost the staying power of my makeup, but not by all that much. While my makeup feels much nicer on with this primer underneath and blends out more easily, the difference in staying power is not particularly dramatic. If it boosted my makeup's staying power by more, I would bump it up to a 5. The packaging is fine, in a hygienic squeeze tube. As I go through it fairly quickly I would like it to be a touch cheaper, but it's still a price I'm willing to pay.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although the product feels soft when applied I also found it felt thick and stayed above my skin, if that makes sense. It did make for smooth application but did not keep my skin matte, which was the whole point. I also found aftee the first use, my skin broke out. Would not repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 9:04:00 PM

I've been using this primer ever since I started wearing makeup. its great, makes my skin feel nice and most importantly doesn't not break me out. I haven't tried any other primers though so it might not be as good as whatever's out there.

on 9/14/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My sister actually gave me this primer to try. The price isn't bad. Definately not a bad primer it works to some degree but definitely not the best either. Goes on smooth fills the lines. Doesn't off superior staying power like others I have tried. But for under $15 I'd say give it a try!

on 8/12/2014 5:50:00 AM

I really enjoyed this product! It felt really smooth in texture and it gave my skin that smooth feeling too.
It did keep the oil at bay, though I wouldn't say it's long lasting. I have a six hour day in an office and I did one touch up, so it's not really one for the busy bees.
The packaging is simple but that's okay with me, because of it being in a tube you're able to get every last drop out ;)
I personally would buy again!

on 8/8/2014 7:22:00 PM

Did not like this at all. Found it to be really greasy, did not absorb into my skin nicely, did not make my make up last at all, felt like it gathered around my nose and eyes. But the lady let me swap it for the 5-in-1 primer and I absolutely love that!!