Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Extreme Coral #15

1 review

on 12/10/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the perfect orange lipstick for black women. It's a vivid dark orange that brightens my entire face and makes me feel happy when I wear it.

#15 is my second Rouge Volupte (I also have #11 Rose Culte), and it's the best lipstick formula I've ever encountered. Incredibly creamy, moisturizing, stays in place, long-lasting, beautiful bold colors, and the packaging is so luxurious. My mother was telling me this is the way that lipsticks used to be made in her day. She also love the two shades mentioned so much she has to have them herself.

And I'd like to give a thanks to YSL for offering shades for women of color. Many high-end lines stick to pinks and beiges, but YSL always offers shades of blackberry, plum, orange, hot pink, deep red, etc., the type of bold, saturated colors that black skin has a natural affinity for.

To make it look more natural (I have two tone lips) use a lip liner on the darkest parts of my lips and I put the lipstick shade on my medium shade area of my lips. Use both together, but be sure the liner blends completely and there are no harsh lines with a lip brush.

I do feel you pay a chunk of change for the packaging, which while decadent, does hold fingerprints.

I am NC45 (cheeks and jaw area) and NW50 (forehead) for reference.